PDA

View Full Version : .605-based ROM thoughts?

thefoureye
01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
My DX is currently running Liberty 3.0, but I'm looking to make a change to keep things fresh. I've heard great things about Apex 2.0 RC4 and VorteX, so I'm thinking of flashing one of the two as I'm trying to stay with something that I won't have to mess with SBF before I flash.

Just looking for some feedback from fellow DXers who've tried either or both ROMs. How's the GPS? Battery life? Likes or dislikes?

DroidXFanatic
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Been running VorteX on my X since the release of RC1 and I haven't switched over to any other Roms. Battery life is great, I get a minimum of 9-10 hrs on heavy usage and about 14 on normal usage. Performance is great and I have yet to find a bug. Everything just simply works and I couldn't be happier using it. Highly recommend.

Sent from my DROIDX running VorteX Rom using Droid X Forums

DirtyDroid
01-10-2012, 10:41 PM
+1 for vortex, excellent all-around rom.

stryker
01-10-2012, 11:08 PM
I must say try vortex. It's stable with a ton of extras. I would also reCommend apex. Apex is aosp, the only blur it has is the dialer. It is so fast and has no issues, just flash set up, and go! and liberty is dope to. Those are the most stable for people that don't want to mess around or are beginners. They have the least amount of problems. I perSonally run the defy miui build on my device. But have other roms installed in boot manager slots. I would just say give them all a try, and have fun!! And if something goes wrong, sbfing is just as easy as flashing a ROM, it just takes a little bit longer cause of extra steps. I have done it so many times i lost track. Sometimes a couple times a day.lol and battery life on apex is crazy good, same with vortex. Can't go wrong with either one.

=(.stryker.dizigns.)=

snowboardwcu
01-11-2012, 12:42 AM
i had just gone to vortex rc1 and had nothing but problems with it. came from clean sbf. stability / speed wise it felt great. i couldn't get the rom build scripts to run in CWR,even after proper updates, etc.

i've run almost every rom on .605 or some GB leak. for my needs (speed, customization, power notifs) the 2nd init roms are the way to go. i run ssx 2.2 regularly. the .605 roms just can't keep up with it. only drawback is battery life, but i still manage to get a day off a charge.

jdcmusicman
01-11-2012, 07:28 AM
I been on vortex RC1 since release and have had no major issues.the ROM is great on battery it's stable it's fast & smooth. All I can say is it's great to be able to use my phone for things other than trying to figure our what's wrong with it.
For me stock sucks...when I first flashed this ROM I was planning on trying them all out but this one has been so good I have no desire to try any others..vortex RC1 just works IMO

Running Vortex RC1

dennyjones
01-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Vortex +1