PDA

View Full Version : Droid X with GB 2.3.5 running very slow

wvcadle
01-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Hello. I have a rooted Droid X with GB 2.3.5 that has all of a sudden started taking 3-6 seconds between screens, including when placing a call. The only thing I'm running new, is Tasker (with only a few profiles [headphone state, mute in meetings and speak texts when docked]) and Juice Defender (as well as Lookout). I've been running Lookout for a while with no problems.

How can I see what's slowing my phone down, and what to do about it?

bladerunn3r
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Hello. I have a rooted Droid X with GB 2.3.5 that has all of a sudden started taking 3-6 seconds between screens, including when placing a call. The only thing I'm running new, is Tasker (with only a few profiles [headphone state, mute in meetings and speak texts when docked]) and Juice Defender (as well as Lookout). I've been running Lookout for a while with no problems.

How can I see what's slowing my phone down, and what to do about it?

I've noticed the same thing. I've reset my phone to factory several times, and this has not helped. MY phone was lightening fast on Froyo- for entire year. Then it seems to have slowed down tremendously with gingerbread. I have the EXACT same issues as you, regardless of how many apps I've loaded or what launcher I'm running. Is this just a fact of life with gingerbread? Would rooting be a solution? If so, is that the only solution?

wvcadle
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Mine is rooted and is slow.

DirtyDroid
01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Have you read up on removing bloat? Or try clearing the cache...should help

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wvcadle
01-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Got some links?

DirtyDroid
01-10-2012, 06:43 PM