PDA

View Full Version : Black screen on Cyanogen 7

Glizbane
01-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey all,

I've been running CM7 for a few months now, and I've always had this problem, but it's getting way worse lately. Occasionally, when I boot my phone up, when it gets to the lock screen and auto shuts off the screen, when I go to turn it back on, all there is is a black screen. I can see that the backlight is on, but it doesn't respond to touch, and it won't display anything, no matter how many times I turn the screen on and off. At this point, I've found that the only thing I can do is pull the battery, but when it boots up, it does it all over again. It will also do this if the phone is running a little slow before I hit the power button to shut off the display.

I'm running CyanogenMod-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG
Kernel version 2.6.32.9
Android 2.3.4

BHuber09
01-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Try clearing the cache through clockwork or stock recovery.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Glizbane
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
That hasn't worked so far. This is getting to the point where I have to do a battery pull every fifteen minutes. It seems like whenever an app freezes up, my screen won't come back on. I can hear notification tones, but it doesn't respond to anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cory46
01-12-2012, 06:32 PM
You should update your version since your on rc0 and its up into the 100's now and another version is on the moto gingerbread kernel

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Glizbane
01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
On a whim, I pulled the sd card out of my phone, just to see what would happen. My phone runs great now. The screen doesn't freeze and the phone seems to run faster even.

I'm using a 16GB class ten card made by wintec. Could it be a problem with the card requiring replacement?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cory46
01-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Class 10 cards are usually the cause of the failure. Class 4 usually works the best right now in android phones.

If your curious here are speed test / analysis of a variety of cards
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=15269669#post15269669

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk