PDA

View Full Version : On my Homescreens, My Apps Are Gone, Just Dissapear

jasonsc1
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Need Help guys, From any of my 9 Home screens my app icons dissapear. As I scroll through the screens the App icons are gone. Sometimes if I continue to scroll through they appear then I scroll through again & they are totally gone again. The only thing I have done is a Cache cleanup & reboot (from boot screen ((pwr & home screen pressed)) which I do often. I have rebooted, removed the battery nothing helps. It just started this today. But apps icons & some widgets are gone, Why? What can I do to fix this? Thanks for any help.
My DX is stock with free GO Launcher Ex.

On a side note: I have read alot of the threads on here & I understand that Droid X is ok to Low Memory. BUT I have had several Widgets running Go Locker, Go Switch Widget, Go FB Widget, Jorte Calender, Twitter Widget, Picture Widget, ESPN Widget, Pandora Widget, 3D Clock Widget, Gamecock Buddy Widget, & NCAA Feed Widget running, and my X would Force Close ANY time I pressed ANYthing. I believed due to low memory. So I deleted most all of them & the FC stopped. Do you guys think it was bc of all the widgets & low RAM?
I also have several games I occasionaly play that continue to run in the background even when I havent played them or started them. Even after I force stop them after a while they will restart theirself. They also put spam in my notification bar. They fun games but are they dangerous? Should I uninstall them? I think they have push notification, whatever that is.

jasonsc1
01-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Just so everybody who read this, can get a follow up. Later that evening my phone still had the dissapearing icons. I went to bed, got up the next morning an ALL my homescreens were BLANK. I dont know why or how but they were gone. I put them all back & it hasnt done that since.

Chessnut
01-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I would definitely uninstalled any unused apps, and do with minimal widgets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums