PDA

View Full Version : Droid X for sending a fax - know of any method or app?

salubryan
01-09-2012, 04:27 AM
I don't own a land line, and ocasionally have the need to send a fax. For security reasons, there are ocasions where a business will only accept a fax and not an email. My Droid X should have all the basic components to send a fax. Do you know of any method or app that would allow a fax to be sent via a Droid X?

I know of one app that promises this capability, but they want $0.99 per page. Would be nice if the Droid's camera could capture like a scanner, and then have a fax app initiate the call so as to send what has just been captured. Or, blue-tooth pairing to an all-in-one printer where the printer could use the Droid as the phone line....

skennelly
01-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I have never tried to fax with this app, but it claims to have the option. It is camscanner. There is a free and paid version in the market.

skennelly
01-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Oh, and you take a picture of the document with the camera and the app scans it and converts it to a pdf.

ryant35
01-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I used this app:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.burrotech.mobilefax&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5id XJyb3RlY2gubW9iaWxlZmF4Il0.

A (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.burrotech.mobilefax&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5id XJyb3RlY2gubW9iaWxlZmF4Il0.)nd I tried to send a sheet I "scanned" with my camera through the app. It worked but the page was illegible once it came through my fax machine. It might work if you play with the image settings in the app.

salubryan
01-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Camscanner is the one I had heard about -- the one that charges $0.99 to use the fax service. I wouldn't mind paying for the software -- once, but not for each and every time I used it to send a fax.

skennelly
01-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Camscanner is the one I had heard about -- the one that charges $0.99 to use the fax service. I wouldn't mind paying for the software -- once, but not for each and every time I used it to send a fax.

Really? That's crazy. I've never used the fax feature so I didn't know that. I mostly use it to email.