PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread camera issues!

glshub
01-08-2012, 07:18 AM
I, unfortunately, took the OTA gingerbread upgrade. I am so sorry I did. I don't like it at all! Did a factory reset hoping to get back to Froyo. It didn't work. When it downloaded it downloaded gingerbread. I sure would like my Froyo back. Froyo, on my Milestone X is much more stable and overall just works much better! There are several things I don't like about gingerbread but the one thing that gets to me most is the camera. EVERY time I set my camera and video recorder it reverts back to the widescreen on camera and HD on video recorder as soon as I charge my phone or if, for whatever reason, I shut off and turn my phone back on. Talk about irritating! It does it EVERY time. Like last night. Yesterday I set it on 3M pixels on camera and VGA on the recorder. I hooked it to the charger over night and this morning I was going to be taking some pics so I checked and sure enough..... The camera was back to widescreen and recorder was back to HD. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Like I said, when I did a factory reset it doesn't go back to Froyo. It downloads gingerbread. This is just one of the things I don't like about gingerbread but it is the worst, probably. I take a lot of pics. Sometimes on the spur of the moment. It is VERY unhandy to have to go in and check the settings before I take any pics or snap them and they be so large that I can't send them through text or whatever because they are so large. Can anyone HELP?? Thanks.

fernbch
01-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Search here for Froyocam.zip. That should fix your camera issue.

Sent from my MB855 using Droid X Forums

noXcuse
01-08-2012, 08:19 AM
I've never experienced those problems before. IMO, Gingerbread is way superior to FroYo. You might try clearing cache on the whole phone. Or doing a full Gingerbread sbf. I would guess something got messed up during the upgrade process.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

glshub
01-08-2012, 08:39 AM
What would I do with the zip file?

Don't know how to clean cache other than what I do with my " history eraser app"

I just know I basically downloaded the OTA gingerbread twice and my camera turned to.... Well you get the point

I am not great with doing customization to my phone. PLUS it being a Milestone X things get even a little more complicated because they are very close to the Droid X but they adre not the same, therefore one must be 100 sure the answers given are right.

For instance the sbf for droid x will disable the antenna on my Milestone X unless you tweak it.

Have to grt started with roofing my home. Maybe someone will help my dumb butt out today while I am away. Have a good day!!

Thanks

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

fernbch
01-08-2012, 05:30 PM
The settings for the camera not sticking is a known GB issue. The froyocam.zip I speak of is flashed from clockwork recovery (not to be confused with stock recovery).

glshub
01-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Im not rooted so don't guess I can use clockwork recovery.

As for Froyo being superior... That's a joke!!

glshub
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Also I have downloaded the upgrade twice. It probably has nothing to do with the download. Just gingerjunk

I never had a problem at all till I screwed up and installed it.

Live and learn..

DroidXFanatic
01-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Have you ever used Camera Zoom FX? I use that camera application instead if the stock one. You can set what megapixels you want and it stays that way. Its a few bucks in the market but well worth it. Not sure about the camcorder though.

Sent from my DROIDX running VorteX Rom using Droid X Forums

glshub
01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Have you ever used Camera Zoom FX? I use that camera application instead if the stock one. You can set what megapixels you want and it stays that way. Its a few bucks in the market but well worth it. Not sure about the camcorder though.

Sent from my DROIDX running VorteX Rom using Droid X Forums

I downloaded Camera Zoom. Don't particularly like it but its better than resetting everything continually.

Just don't care for gingerbread.

Carpetman
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I, unfortunately, took the OTA gingerbread upgrade. I am so sorry I did. I don't like it at all! Did a factory reset hoping to get back to Froyo. It didn't work. When it downloaded it downloaded gingerbread. I sure would like my Froyo back. Froyo, on my Milestone X is much more stable and overall just works much better! There are several things I don't like about gingerbread but the one thing that gets to me most is the camera. EVERY time I set my camera and video recorder it reverts back to the widescreen on camera and HD on video recorder as soon as I charge my phone or if, for whatever reason, I shut off and turn my phone back on. Talk about irritating! It does it EVERY time. Like last night. Yesterday I set it on 3M pixels on camera and VGA on the recorder. I hooked it to the charger over night and this morning I was going to be taking some pics so I checked and sure enough..... The camera was back to widescreen and recorder was back to HD. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Like I said, when I did a factory reset it doesn't go back to Froyo. It downloads gingerbread. This is just one of the things I don't like about gingerbread but it is the worst, probably. I take a lot of pics. Sometimes on the spur of the moment. It is VERY unhandy to have to go in and check the settings before I take any pics or snap them and they be so large that I can't send them through text or whatever because they are so large. Can anyone HELP?? Thanks. Go here and click the first item and you can make a disk that will take you to Froyo 3.40. I also have much less problem with Froyo.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

glshub
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Would probably try it BUT.. It's for Droid X. If I use a Droid X sbf it will make my phone not work. There have been a few guys tell me to not use a DroidX sbf. They say it screws up the antenna or radio, I forget which. Either way I'd be screwed.

I need to o go to a Milestone forum.

I sure wish I could get back to Froyo though. It was so much better on this device!

Carpetman
01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Would probably try it BUT.. It's for Droid X. If I use a Droid X sbf it will make my phone not work. There have been a few guys tell me to not use a DroidX sbf. They say it screws up the antenna or radio, I forget which. Either way I'd be screwed.

I sure wish I could get back to Froyo though. It was so much better on this device!

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums Sorry , I didn't notice you were asking about Milestone.

cory46
01-13-2012, 01:06 PM

Millstone sbf files
http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home/milestone-x-sbf-files

glshub
01-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Millstone sbf filesMilestone X SBF Files - Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home/milestone-x-sbf-files)Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk Question. Will the sbf files work wth Bluegrass Cellular? I sure wish I had one so I could try some things to get rid of gingerbread. It, to me, is no where near as good as Froyo was. Thanks

glshub
01-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Question. Will the sbf files work wth Bluegrass Cellular? I sure wish I had one so I could try some things to get rid of gingerbread. It, to me, is no where near as good as Froyo was. Thanks

??

cory46
01-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I'd say use the generic one but I'm not sure what it would do to your baseband. So if it were my phone I wouldn't mess with it until I had a sure fire sbf file.

Contact your local carrier become friends with a tech and get the sbf haha

technojunkey
01-18-2012, 08:59 AM
You can use the 2.3.5 sbf file from nTelos but don't flash with RSD because it will overwrite your baseband. You need to use linux and sbf_flash, sounds like a pain but it's actually not that bad and 1KDS has a live boot disc on his site or you can go to almost any linux distributor (fedora, ubuntu, linux mint.... etc) and download a live cd which allows you to try the OS without overwriting your current OS.

Before you do anything tho go to the dialpad do ##PROGRAM / User Activation and write down your MIN & MDN numbers, you'll need these later.

Here's the SBF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54532450/1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.5-4.5.1_57_MX2-34-111019-release-keys-signed-ntelos-US.sbf.zip
Here's the Linux SBF Flash Program: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/common/sbf_flash.zip

Once your in linux download the two files then open up a terminal, unzip the files (typical file location is "Downloads" within the users home directory for most distros);

unzip 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.5-4.5.1_57_MX2-34-111019-release-keys-signed-ntelos-US.sbf.zip
unzip sbf_flash.zip

Next you have to give execute permissions for the sbf_flash program;

sudo chmod 777 sbf_flash

Then execute;

sudo ./sbf_flash 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.5-4.5.1_57_MX2-34-111019-release-keys-signed-ntelos-US.sbf

Whola you now have a clean phone with the original baseband of your carrier, reprogram your MIN & MDN numbers........ The same could be done with a Verizon SBF but for the OTA Gingerbread update there isn't a version that will work, or has been released.

Need root? Use SuperOneClick works like a charm....

** Remember linux is case senstive so commands, files, and directories must match.

glshub
01-18-2012, 09:13 AM
You can use the 2.3.5 sbf file from nTelos but don't flash with RSD because it will overwrite your baseband. You need to use linux and sbf_flash, sounds like a pain but it's actually not that bad and 1KDS has a live boot disc on his site or you can go to almost any linux distributor (fedora, ubuntu, linux mint.... etc) and download a live cd which allows you to try the OS without overwriting your current OS.

Before you do anything tho go to the dialpad do ##PROGRAM / User Activation and write down your MIN & MDN numbers, you'll need these later.

Here's the SBF: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54532450/1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.5-4.5.1_57_MX2-34-111019-release-keys-signed-ntelos-US.sbf.zip
Here's the Linux SBF Flash Program: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/common/sbf_flash.zip

Once your in linux download the two files then open up a terminal, unzip the files (typical file location is "Downloads" within the users home directory for most distros);

unzip 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.5-4.5.1_57_MX2-34-111019-release-keys-signed-ntelos-US.sbf.zip
unzip sbf_flash.zip

Next you have to give execute permissions for the sbf_flash program;

sudo chmod 777 sbf_flash

Then execute;

sudo ./sbf_flash 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.5-4.5.1_57_MX2-34-111019-release-keys-signed-ntelos-US.sbf

Whola you now have a clean phone with the original baseband of your carrier, reprogram your MIN & MDN numbers........ The same could be done with a Verizon SBF but for the OTA Gingerbread update there isn't a version that will work, or has been released.

Need root? Use SuperOneClick works like a charm....

Wow..

I think about 80% of that went over my head. lol..

So this will take me back to Froyo?

I am fairly good with dos, just a little rusty. I have never used Linux though. Guess there is no time like the present.

I will sit down and take a hard look at this when I get a chance. I have a feeling of ignorance at the moment.

Thanks.

technojunkey
01-18-2012, 09:24 AM
If you can use dos linux shouldn't be a problem.... Once your on 2.3.5 OTA "Gingerbread" you can't go back to Froyo the bootloader won't accept anything below .604 trust me it sucks but this will get you back to a clean state incase you think the update had issues.

fernbch
01-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Here's a link to a listing of sbf files for the milestone at MDW

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/android-hacks/1207-milestone-sbf-files.html

glshub
01-20-2012, 05:10 AM
Here's a link to a listing of sbf files for the milestone at MDW

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/android-hacks/1207-milestone-sbf-files.html

Have tried for two days to register there. The captcha box has nothing in it. Therefore I can't register to see the sbf files. Cant contact them either without registering.????