PDA

View Full Version : Droid X stuck in Cool Down mode and won't charge

gone333
01-06-2012, 08:26 PM
My droid X recently went into a cool down mode. It does not allow you to make phone calls and places it in emergency only calls. I pressed *228 and then when it attempts to call to activate I immediately cancel it. Then i am now able to access settings Where I am able to go to Applications>All>Cool Down Mode and force stop. This seems to be a short fix. But it continues to come back to cool down mode after resetting phone and also a factory reset does not stop the issue. Now the battery is unable charge and all i get is a battery icon with a question mark in it. I've tried a different battery but it is still unable to charge. I need help!

Scram
01-06-2012, 09:00 PM
I'd say if your battery is fairly well charged then SBF...

Sent from my liberated DX

popcenator
01-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Pop (ha!) It into bootloader and see if it says OK to program.

on the move..

gone333
01-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I did the SBF and the cool down mode came back up when i restarted the phone.

cory46
01-07-2012, 11:29 AM
By chance have you ever used the spliced usb method to charge your dead battery? (If not please DO NOT)

It sounds like a hardware issue if it's present after a sbf and data wipe

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

gone333
01-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I found a way to charge the battery. I put it into recovery mode by pressing POWER and HOME Key at the same time and just leaving it plugged in. I don't see a battery icon just the yellow exclamation point with android . But it is still charges the battery that way. I'm just trying to take a way this "Cool Down Mode".

ryant35
01-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that the phone will not charge while in recovery mode. +1 for hardware issue if it's still doing it after SBF.