PDA

View Full Version : Best version of SSX?

icedice34
01-05-2012, 08:40 AM
I was using SSX for a while, but the Wifi had all sorts of problems turning on and off and occasionally it would randomly reboot when I plugged it in. I really liked it, thought it ran faster and got better battery life than cm7, but I couldn't deal with the wifi issues.

So my question is can someone provide me a link to the most stable version, and if it is the one with wifi issues, recommend a fix?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
01-05-2012, 09:39 AM
It would be 2.2... It's in the ginger kernel... Here's the link
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/38779-ssx-2-2-2-3-7-incl-1-battery-other-goodies.html

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

icedice34
01-05-2012, 09:50 AM
I think this is the version I was using. Do you know anything about the wifi issues?

Nemo aeternamn
01-05-2012, 10:00 AM
No I don't... How I figure.. I got unlimited... So I'll make the most it...lol... So I don't really use wifi

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

icedice34
01-05-2012, 11:26 AM
I also also have unlimited, but wifi is faster, and my relitives house is in a no signal area so I need wifi to use my phone there. Also, it causes wifi tether to not work well. Anybody else know about this?

savagerun
01-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I think i do recall issues with wifi on ssx but you would probably need to scroll thru the link nemo gave you to see if there was a solution. I don't think there will be any more updates to that rom so i believe what you see is what you get. I believe the dev (Chevy) a great guy by the way had some personal things going on and pretty much said goodbye. The good part is there are other roms you can try if things don't work out for you. A couple overall solid roms are liberty and vortex.