PDA

View Full Version : Rooted ? ROms?

Tsmith1296
01-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Ok guys i have a question. I recently rooted my X2 . I flashed liberty and while it was cool i wasnt that impressed. So i flashed eclipse and i liked it better than liberty but i still wasnt that impressed. Now Ive went back to stock . So can some one tell me what am i missing? I mean whats the big deal ? i couldnt find any reasons on why i would want to root or run a custom rom. Now everyone on here talks about how great it is but honestly i didnt find many reasons . So answer me this. What did i miss?

Newber
01-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Sometimes it's just because you can do it that floats your boat. Me personally I saw a DRAMATIC performance increase when on liberty vs stock. Just my opinion...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

scotch1020
01-04-2012, 05:40 PM
i have the x2..... rooted it ran liberty didnt like the color scheme but features were nice........ ran eclipse liked alot but phone started getting fc's and freezing........ ran molten and changed back to eclipse within acouple of hours.... lol now im stock rooted running go launcher and go locker running my own themes and rom toolbox for my boot screen and icon changes...... LOVE IT...... its all on your own personal preference what you do and what u like...... friend of mine has x2 also he's stock non rooted we both do quadrant standard benchmark test and he falls 200 points shorter than me everytime....... not enough for me to see a difference in speeds but rooted does respond better and gives you options to remove factory install apps

Tsmith1296
01-05-2012, 02:18 PM
So you are creating ur own themes? Are u using the theme maker from go?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

scotch1020
01-06-2012, 12:21 AM
yes im using go launcher and go locker...... with the launcher u can add themes to create a look u like..... they have ics and apple ones and just random different colors with different icons as well

3oclockslop
01-06-2012, 01:04 AM
I am very much a noob, but have figured out, S L O W L Y, how to root, flash roms and sbf....I'm currently running eclipse 2.0.3 on my zergrush rooted d2. I love ALOT of the improvements in performance and battery life I have no
[/L

[LEFT]EFT]ticed already! Getting rid of the space and speed robbing bloatware is reason enou
gh
to hack a phone, IMO. Specifically on this eclipse version, the new beta Swype kb is FAN-F'ing-TASTIC! I have noticed, from following different forums, that most if not all of the issues people have with new roms are the direct result of the installer not following the developers instructions EXACTLY! This tinkering with the phones internals "can" be quite dangerous (fatal) to the device...so I don't understand peoples failure to follow directions to the letter. My next phone WILL be one that it's more open to modification...probably in the nexus family. The possibilities of customization and performance tweaking are nearly limitless. I was lukewarm to the idea of switching to an idevice, and now that I'm seeing what can be done on and with Android....I will NOT be signing up to let Cupertino "protect" me! I'll take my chances with you nut jobs on here....lol. ENJOY!

Tweek900
01-06-2012, 05:34 AM
Ok so the question: what did you miss.

The answer: pretty much rooting your phone does nothing. It lets you have super user access. That's pointless for most everyone lol.

So what you do next, rom. Now this is where everyone is different. People run many different roms for there own reason. Personalty I run eclipse 1.1 because it works fast and I haven't had a need to upgrade it.

Now from what you posted you didn't say anything about themes or launchers. I'm guessing you didn't try either. I'm using launcher pro. Changed a ton of setting and I'm telling you the time between when I click my app button and when it opens the list of apps doesn't exist. You don't have that stock.

Also the battery life is much better along with faster 3g. I would suggest checking out xdadevelopers forums for a barebones rom post by ace it sounds like he has a nice set up you can download. I plan on doing this my self tbh.

If you have any other questions feel free to pm on here.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums