PDA

View Full Version : It is my battery or Liberty?

vulcaninvt
01-03-2012, 01:34 PM
After being on .605 with no root/rom for several months, I finally got fed up. I rooted and ROM'd to the most recent Liberty. I did this from a clean .605 OTA. I am now seeing my batter drain quite quickly. I unplug my phone and it immediately drops to 99%. I played Angry Birds for about 10 minutes and it dropped to 87%. I was fully charged for a while before unplugging the phone.

Any thoughts, suggestions. The battery is maybe 6 months old or so and I feel I take fairly good care of it.

Thanks!

DirtyDroid
01-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Grab battery calibration from the market and charge it up completely and open the app and follow the instructions.....also everything may take a couple days to settle in with the rom and phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

akeezy
01-05-2012, 08:39 PM
As soon as you unplug the battery always drops to 99% because the only time youre fully charged is when plugged in. Battery calibration doesn't necessarily increase battery performance but it is important and necessary.

Download and flash jakesbites mods from rom toolbox. Then go to terminal and type "su" then enter and then type "modcentral". Follow the scripts directions and enable v6 supercharger

I'm on liberty as well and after I enabled these mods, my phone's performance has been very amazing. Its been quicker, smoother and longer lasting.

Here's a screenshot
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefbf56d-5e50-78ae.jpg

The persuader
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Can Jakesbites Mod be used on other ROM's or just Liberty?

Chow
Its Bubba

As soon as you unplug the battery always drops to 99% because the only time youre fully charged is when plugged in. Battery calibration doesn't necessarily increase battery performance but it is important and necessary.

Download and flash jakesbites mods from rom toolbox. Then go to terminal and type "su" then enter and then type "modcentral". Follow the scripts directions and enable v6 supercharger

I'm on liberty as well and after I enabled these mods, my phone's performance has been very amazing. Its been quicker, smoother and longer lasting.

Here's a screenshot

Nemo aeternamn
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Can Jakesbites Mod be used on other ROM's or just Liberty?

Chow
Its Bubba

It was actually made originally for cm7... Then it was made universal... So you can use it on stock or custom rom... As long add it's in the ginger kernel

Everyone caries one deep inside...
It's just a matter of how much you let it slide

akeezy
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Jakesbites really knows what's up. His Zombiestomped 1.7 had the best battery life and was the smoothest rom I've ever used (y'all have probably seen me post that before haha. What can I say? I freaking love the rom)

vulcaninvt
01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I downloaded and entered modcentral but I didn't see an option for v6 supercharger. When I downloaded from rom toolbox, there were two downloads, one was a BETA version which I didn't download. Do I need to download both?

Here's a screenshot

akeezy
01-06-2012, 04:31 PM
You only need the Dx/D2 ota

did you flash the zip in recovery?

And if so then did you type "su" first in terminal?

vulcaninvt
01-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I did flash in recovery, entered "su" and go into modcentral, I just didn't see option for the v6 supercharger?

You only need the Dx/D2 ota

did you flash the zip in recovery?

And if so then did you type "su" first in terminal?

Nemo aeternamn
01-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I did flash in recovery, entered "su" and go into modcentral, I just didn't see option for the v6 supercharger?

V15:
-Updated menus to look better and be more organized
-Fixed the bug with "+JBMvXX" showing with multiple flashes
-Added minfree tweaks as default
-Updated Busybox to version 1.19.3
-Added Busybox checker
-Removed Zeppelinrox's mods per his request

akeezy
01-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I used the v14 version so I guess the mods are still there

Here's a link if you want it

http://db.tt/Hd6P0g0f

vulcaninvt
01-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Thanks, working on it now!

I used the v14 version so I guess the mods are still there

Here's a link if you want it

http://db.tt/Hd6P0g0f

akeezy
01-11-2012, 04:19 PM
No problem. What are the results so far

vulcaninvt
01-12-2012, 08:39 AM
I am seeing some batter life improvement. I am going to try and re-calibrate the battery and go from there.

Smittys
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
This thread saved me. I recently flashed Liberty and didn't know why my battery life was worse than it was on Blur. Now it's all good. Thank you for the battery calibration app!

akeezy
01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Did you also use the jakebites mods

bdotdotts
01-13-2012, 05:44 PM
How much did you actually gain in battery life?

I loaded Liberty & after it was completely synced, I watched it drop in battery level by about 15-20 marks every 1/2 hour.

Loaded JakebitesMods and calibrated the battery & it helped, but really not by much. It still dropping crazy fast.

I loaded SSX 2.2 the other day & the exact same thing happened.

What's the deal? Anyone else ever see this happen?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

akeezy
01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
How much did you actually gain in battery life?

I loaded Liberty & after it was completely synced, I watched it drop in battery level by about 15-20 marks every 1/2 hour.

Loaded JakebitesMods and calibrated the battery & it helped, but really not by much. It still dropping crazy fast.

I loaded SSX 2.2 the other day & the exact same thing happened.

What's the deal? Anyone else ever see this happen?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

I went from what your describing to getting about 20 hours on 40% of my battery.

I also turn off most data being pushed to my phone. The only recurring data sync I allow are:

Android pro Widgets twitter timeline every hour

And Foursquare sends me notifications once in a while when my friends check in

I also don't have a Facebook account