PDA

View Full Version : Lost my selection of Droid ringtones...where can I download them again?

thecarlsoncrew
01-01-2012, 01:48 AM
I just upgraded my X to the new version of Liquid and seem to have lost my selection of Droid ringtones. I'd been collecting the various default ringtones from a number of high profile Android phones released over the past year or so, and while it's not a functionality problem, I'd still really love to be able to download and use them again. I don't recall the names of all of them for certain, but it seems like some of them were Droid Speaks, Droid Rigor, Droid Hover, Droid X, Droid Bionic, and so on. Does anyone have a link to a collection of those ringtones somewhere? I have been unsuccessful searching on this forum for them, but I would imagine they're still out on MegaUpload or some other site somewhere. I do know that the most recent one I grabbed was in a collection that someone posted of all the audio/wallpapers when the Bionic was first released, but I can't find that post, either. I'd appreciate any help someone could give me. Thanks!

BHuber09
01-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Edit: I need to read before I post haha. I'm sorry those are for stock.

FreeMyMoto!!!

fezrock
01-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Different ringtones come with different roms. A good idea is to copy the ones you like to a folder on your sd card for future use with a rom that may not have your faves.

r...e...a...d :)

chuck54
01-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Where can you find them in the phone? I know that they are. Ogg files or something like that but I don't know where the folder is that holds them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
/system/media/notifications or ringtones whichever you want.
You must have a root explorer

FreeMyMoto!!!

thecarlsoncrew
01-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Yes, I've got Root Explorer and I know where they are on the SD card. I thought I had backed up all of my ringtones before performing this upgrade, but that was apparently not the case. Now I'm trying to recreate all those ringtones from the various stock models.

thecarlsoncrew
01-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Ah-hah, I found them! I picked up a couple here and there, but the bulk of them were actually from the Razr: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (http://www.multiupload.com/Q4HAN45231). All is well now. :)