PDA

View Full Version : Contact issues since installing liberty rom

erikconway
12-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey guys I am having issues with syncing my contacts from my backup assistant since installing the liberty rom. This is my first time flashing a rom to my X2. I havent been able to find any post addressing this issue, if its out there I apologize for wasting your time but I would like to be able to get all my contacts back. The weird part is if i manually put a number in my phone will recognize it and put the name in. Any thoughts or suggestions?

savagerun
12-31-2011, 10:21 PM
I have a dx but i know on the new liberty you can add backup assistant by going in settings > liberty settings > customization > liberty customizer then press addons and you should see Backup assistant. You can try that and hopefully it's the same on the x2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
12-31-2011, 10:21 PM
have you added it back threw liberty settings?

erikconway
12-31-2011, 11:09 PM
I had already tried savageruns suggestion , but i did it again just to make sure. Should it show up in the customizer list after I do the add-on? Also the odd thing to me is when I sync it shows a success but nothing in my contact list changes. If i go to verizons website and hit sync to my device it sends me a text with a bunch of different characters and how many contacts that I have. I must be missing something here.

Nemo aeternamn
12-31-2011, 11:27 PM
I had already tried savageruns suggestion , but i did it again just to make sure. Should it show up in the customizer list after I do the add-on? Also the odd thing to me is when I sync it shows a success but nothing in my contact list changes. If i go to verizons website and hit sync to my device it sends me a text with a bunch of different characters and how many contacts that I have. I must be missing something here.

once you choose it as an add on... you'll need to go to it threw your apps... then you should be able to sync from your device

erikconway
12-31-2011, 11:34 PM
It says it installs successfully but it doesnt show up in the apps list ? Sorry for all the post, I just cant figure this out.

Nemo aeternamn
12-31-2011, 11:49 PM
it's all good... is it asking for super user permissions??

erikconway
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Not when I install backup assistant but it does for other apps.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
01-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Try going into super user... Tell it to forget permissions for liberty customizer... Then try again

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

erikconway
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
That didn't help either. Not sure but every other app I install shows up in my app with an icon but that one. Its no big deal I was just trying to sync my contacts back to my phone. One other thought... I use phone only sync instead of snycing with my Google account, should that matter?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums