PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Tether for Root Users - Muller,Lemons,buxtuon

prpredators
12-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks to HarleyDude and others, I am now updated to .605 and rooted!
My main reason for rooting was for the wireless tether, which I use the app listed in the title - Wireless Tether for Root Users by Muller, Lemons, Buxton.
Does anyone else use this particular app? It seems to work, but when I activate it, I now get another icon in my toolbar (on top) that I didn't get when i was froyo rooted. It says Tethering or hotspot active (gray and black wifi icon) and says Touch to configure. When you open it, it has three options 1) USB tethering, 2) a Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot checkbox and 3) Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot settings.
Like I said, I never saw this when I was Froyo rooted. So I'm wondering if what this is and if it is a verizon montioring type of thing?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DirtyDroid
12-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh good to hear its all straightened out.....I'm a bit late to the party..lol..you'll need to flash wugs tether patch..as for the app...Google wireless tether ...ill grab a link for wugs or you can find it in HD's sig

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

edit heres the link....flash with D2 bootstrap and reboot http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html

prpredators
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
hey, so i thought i did this already, but I downloaded the wugpack, put it in a folder and then when i go to DX bootstrap and install from zip. there is no zip file. i've tried downloading it again but no success. have you heard of this before?

DirtyDroid
02-12-2012, 09:25 PM
What folder are you putting it? You can just put it on your SD card. And are you choosing install zip or update zip?

prpredators
02-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I've tried it in two current folders. I am choosing install, which is what I believe the write up says to do. The one thing I noticed is that the file had a ? on it when I browse it through my phone. Ghats the one I downloaded off a PC. When I downloaded it on my MAC, I get a folder but no zip file. Is it possible yo go to the dl link and do it off my Dx?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

DirtyDroid
02-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I would try that, not sure what you are using for a browser, but you may need to get something like dolphin or marathon ..
..and your dl'ing the first link right? It takes you to goo-insideme correct?
Edit. Just did it from phone, still works fine,

prpredators
02-13-2012, 02:47 PM
ok..dl'd dolphin and it worked perfect.. Now I just have to try the wifi tether to see if the vz tos comes up. Thanks

DirtyDroid
02-13-2012, 05:19 PM
ok..dl'd dolphin and it worked perfect.. Now I just have to try the wifi tether to see if the vz tos comes up. Thanks

Cool glad yah got it!