PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't use phone after trying to install ApeX rom!

InfernalPlacebo
12-28-2011, 11:32 PM
So I began to root my phone this morning and then decided later today that it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a custom rom as well, boy was I wrong. I tried using ApeX and before I had it installed, I forgot to do a Factory cache/data wipe. Now it is stuck at the ApeX screen. I let it sit for 20 minutes before I pulled the battery at the white/green ApeX loading screen. When I go into stock recovery, I have done the wipe data/factory reset option and the wipe cache option both about 8 times but no matter what I do it still tries to boot back into ApeX and gets stuck again. Since I am new to this and don't know what else I need to do, any help would be appreciated!

DirtyDroid
12-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Do you know what your phone version is? Froyo or GB... And what which apex you tried to installed?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

InfernalPlacebo
12-28-2011, 11:44 PM
I am GB I believe. And I am not sure which Apex I tried installing, it was the one that CWM downloaded from it's list.

DirtyDroid
12-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I am GB I believe. And I am not sure which Apex I tried installing, it was the one that CWM downloaded from it's list.

My apologies...its been a long day....but do you mean rom manager?

Edit....apex isn't in RM....do you happen to know the version of apex by chance?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

InfernalPlacebo
12-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah I did mean RM sorry...
I found it under Fabolous, but it is in there. That is how I got it. I don't have another one I can check the version on, I wish I would have looked..

DirtyDroid
12-29-2011, 12:46 AM
ok after asking around..there are two versions..one for .596 and one for froyo..what buttons did you push to get into factory recovery to reset...volume buttons or search buttons?

edit..ooh its late...lol you already said you were on GB...derr

Nemo aeternamn
12-29-2011, 12:52 AM
What color was the motto logo?
When you turn your phone on.. is it red or white? Did you notice if you tried installing ever or rc1...
But it sounds like you need an sbf

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

InfernalPlacebo
12-29-2011, 01:08 AM
What color was the motto logo?
When you turn your phone on.. is it red or white? Did you notice if you tried installing ever or rc1...
But it sounds like you need an sbf

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

I did do an SPF and it works again. Thanks guys!

Nemo aeternamn
12-29-2011, 01:25 AM
I did do an SPF and it works again. Thanks guys!

your welcome... good to hear it's smooth sailing again...
if ya want...
what sbf file did you use?
and i'll give ya a link to the best version for you to use(the latest and greatest probably...lol)