PDA

View Full Version : using barnacle and getting signal to my laptop/ipad, etc. but not connecting to inter

19psi
12-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Sorry ran out of room.... I'm getting a strong signal from my droid x using barnacle wifi but can't actually connect to the internet with it. Anhy ideas why not?
I'm rooted running Liberty ROM.

BHuber09
12-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Um try making it encrypted I've had the problem and my computer only connects to it if its encrypted then I can change it to unencrypted

FreeMyMoto!!!

19psi
12-28-2011, 11:18 AM
ok, i'll give it a try. thanks.

ktklein72
12-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I had the same problem several months ago when I first installed it. If I can remember what I did I will post an update. I want to say it had something to do with the channel setting. I think I set mine to 1 (within Barnacle) and it worked. I'll double check and get back to you though. Also under WiFi settings on the phone (mine is a Droid X2, rooted), under Advanced, I made sure peer-to-peer (Ad-hoc) channel was set to 1. I'm pretty sure that was it. Give it a try and let me know.

19psi
12-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Um try making it encrypted I've had the problem and my computer only connects to it if its encrypted then I can change it to unencrypted

FreeMyMoto!!!

tried that, no success.

I had the same problem several months ago when I first installed it. If I can remember what I did I will post an update. I want to say it had something to do with the channel setting. I think I set mine to 1 (within Barnacle) and it worked. I'll double check and get back to you though. Also under WiFi settings on the phone (mine is a Droid X2, rooted), under Advanced, I made sure peer-to-peer (Ad-hoc) channel was set to 1. I'm pretty sure that was it. Give it a try and let me know.
tried this also, no success.

any other ideas?