PDA

View Full Version : tether with wifi not adhoc?

66racer
12-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi,

So verizon gave my fiance a dx2 instead of her dx on a warranty return and now Im having issues getting the wifi tether app to send in wifi not adhoc. I have her dx2 rooted and used several wifi tether versions and no luck, all on adhoc. My dx is still on froyo for easy tethering and used wifi tether 2.0.7 and it sent a wifi signal somehow even though the dx2 is set the same I have no luck. Any way to do this? Even if it means a rom? Its to tether her acer iconia a100, and before I mod that I rather just fix it from the phone side

thanks

adamwhitehead
12-25-2011, 05:57 PM
There is an app called zt-180 that you will have to put on the(rooted) tablet, that will switch its wifi from infrastructure mode to ad hoc mode. Its still experimental and could harm her devices wifi(a back up restore will fix it), but its what i use and its perfect for making my kindle pick up my dx2 tether.
Here's zt-180 adhoc switcher
http://db.tt/CmvluMCe
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Droid X Forums

03civicdx
12-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Barnacle Wi-Fi tether works perfect for me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

adamwhitehead
12-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Barnacle Wi-Fi tether works perfect for me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

He's needing a tablet to pick up on the tether, tablets see infrastructure and must be changed to adhoc then barnacle works for the tablet

66racer
12-26-2011, 02:48 AM
There is an app called zt-180 that you will have to put on the(rooted) tablet, that will switch its wifi from infrastructure mode to ad hoc mode. Its still experimental and could harm her devices wifi(a back up restore will fix it), but its what i use and its perfect for making my kindle pick up my dx2 tether.
Here's zt-180 adhoc switcher
http://db.tt/CmvluMCe

Thanks for the tip, I might go that route since there is a root for the iconia a100, unfortunatly the version it shipped with didnt root with the easy 1 click root so I have to do it the harder way, I will hopefully have time for that monday or so.