PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse or Liberty - Which do YOU Prefer???

AndroidFanX2
12-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Just as the title says, which ROM for the X2 are you using?

AndroidFanX2
12-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Update:

I changed the thread to "Which ROM for the X2 Are You Using" because it occurred to me that not everyone may have used each and every ROM available for the X2. However, the poll remains the same. Vote for what you are using and reply if you have any comments about that particular ROM. If you choose other, be sure to tell us which one and why. If by any chance you have used more than one, please tell us which one you liked best and why.

-Nick

thibaulb
12-26-2011, 11:37 PM
I am using Liberty, I am open to new roms though, i will have to check out the eclipse rom

thibaulb
12-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Can anybody who has used both Liberty and Eclipse tell me how they feel about both? After looking into the Eclipse it looks pretty sweet...

kevin3328
12-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Eclipse is my favorite

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

thibaulb
12-27-2011, 02:51 PM
can somebody post some pictures of eclipse? I couldnt find any anywhere

AndroidFanX2
12-27-2011, 03:02 PM
can somebody post some pictures of eclipse? I couldnt find any anywhere

I will. Any specific shots u want to see?

Tap-Talking on my X2

AndroidFanX2
12-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Here are some pics I took fast. I hope I got the main things you wanted to see.

Main home screen. You have five and you can rotate them horizontally.

24324 24325

Notification Bar

Dialer

App drawer

AndroidFanX2
12-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Here's the keyboard.

24329 24330

AndroidFanX2
12-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Lock Screen

If you want to see anything else, just tell me and I'll take some more.

thibaulb
12-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks man! that looks pretty cool. Very simple and elegant. It looks very similar to liberty too.

thibaulb
12-27-2011, 05:14 PM
i have both the x and the x2 now. I would like to test this ROM out on my X first if possible. Do they make this rom for the X?

AndroidFanX2
12-27-2011, 05:25 PM
i have both the x and the x2 now. I would like to test this ROM out on my X first if possible. Do they make this rom for the X?

I'm no expert when it comes to this stuff, but I'm pretty sure Eclipse is just for the X2. I installed Eclipse the same day I rooted and haven't regretted it once if that helps.

Tap-Talking on my X2

BHuber09
12-27-2011, 05:27 PM
+1 its only an x2 rom

FreeMyMoto!!!

tshelby73
12-28-2011, 06:49 AM
I use eclipse 1.3. Had problems with wifi on 2.0.2. I like 1.3 once I fixed hdmi, google music and google voice. I tried liberty but it didn't have data roaming so had to go back because no data where I work unless data roaming is on.

Sent from DX forums X2 Eclipsed

thibaulb
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
hey androidfan what launcher are you using in those pictures

AndroidFanX2
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
hey androidfan what launcher are you using in those pictures

That's the stock launcher that comes with Eclipse.

Tap-Talking on my X2

thibaulb
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM
sweet. I think im gonna test it out. I'll probably wait till tomorrow though. It look like a lot of work to just to install it

AndroidFanX2
12-28-2011, 03:59 PM
sweet. I think im gonna test it out. I'll probably wait till tomorrow though. It look like a lot of work to just to install it

I think you'll like it. I haven't used any other ROMs for the X2, but my X2 has never been as fast or smooth as it is now running Eclipse. Just follow this guide and you'll be fine:
[GUIDE] How to install Eclipse 2.0.1 (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/41531-guide-how-install-eclipse-2-0-1-a.html)
If you have any questions, PM me or Juhde (the creator of the guide) and we'll help you out. I probably wouldn't be as much help as someone more experienced on this forum, but I have done the process before without any problems.

thibaulb
12-28-2011, 04:20 PM
ya it looks pretty smooth, and I honestly think my x is faster than my x2 running liberty. After reading through those directions it didnt look too bad so im sbf'ing right now. ill let you know how it goes. thanks for all the help

thibaulb
12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
My phone boot looped after I SBF'ed it. I tried twice and it did it both times. I just booted into stock recovery and wiped data/factory reset and am SBF'ing again. Did you experience this problem? If it doesn't work this time what should I try next?

thibaulb
12-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Wiping data/factory reset actually fixed it. Thanks anyway!

AndroidFanX2
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM
My phone boot looped after I SBF'ed it. I tried twice and it did it both times. I just booted into stock recovery and wiped data/factory reset and am SBF'ing again. Did you experience this problem? If it doesn't work this time what should I try next?

I had no such problem, but I was coming from stock. Considering I haven't had a problem like that before I have no experience to really help you out....you'll have to ask someone else.....sorry.....

Tap-Talking on my X2

AndroidFanX2
12-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Wiping data/factory reset actually fixed it. Thanks anyway!

Glad to hear it....I wouldn't have been able to help anyways. If you have any other questions just ask and maybe I'll be able to help out this time.

Tap-Talking on my X2

thibaulb
12-28-2011, 07:02 PM
DEFINITELY am loving this ROM so far. Its very smooth, fast, and bada$$!

AndroidFanX2
12-28-2011, 07:06 PM
DEFINITELY am loving this ROM so far. Its very smooth, fast, and bada$$!

Glad to hear you got it working! Do you notice a big difference in performance coming from Liberty?

Tap-Talking on my X2

Goondan9
12-29-2011, 10:31 AM
I've noticed quite a difference to the positive with Eclipse over liberty. Not sure why but I seemed to slow down quite considerably when I was on Liberty. Even stock root was faster for me over Liberty, I tibu'd everythingi was using and reinstalled in Eclipse and noticed a marked improvement. So now I'm a happy Eclipse user!

AndroidFanX2
12-29-2011, 10:54 AM
I've noticed quite a difference to the positive with Eclipse over liberty. Not sure why but I seemed to slow down quite considerably when I was on Liberty. Even stock root was faster for me over Liberty, I tibu'd everythingi was using and reinstalled in Eclipse and noticed a marked improvement. So now I'm a happy Eclipse user!

Good! I was considering trying Liberty, but now that I know there's really no point, I don't have to. I do have one question though, I'm not sure if you listen to much music, but do you have the infamous music stuttering the X2 is known for? I do, and I'm considering taking it to Verizon and seeing if they'll send me a new one. I've had it since day one and always thought rooting and flashing a ROM would fix the issue, but now that I've done both, I don't know what to do.....

bolski
12-29-2011, 01:19 PM
I used Eclipse 1.3, then went to Liberty, then tried Eclipse 2.0.2 and now I'm back on Eclipse 1.3. Liberty was nice, but it seemed more sluggish than Eclipse 1.3.

Eclipse 2.0.2 was great, but the issues I had with some apps being flagged as not compatible with my X2 (which was complete BS) seemed to stem from running on the 2.3.5 OTA update which isn't a released update. I think that was causing issues with Android Market, so I decided it would be best to stay on a 2.3.4 based ROM, so Eclipse 1.3 is where I'm at.

eric eakin
12-29-2011, 01:31 PM
but the issues I had with some apps being flagged as not compatible with my X2
did you try the market fixer app? (i think made by p3droid)

Im on Eclipse 2.0.2 supercharged and loving it! didnt even bother with liberty on my x2 as i was sure it would have the same unsatisfactory performance results for me as it did on my X.

thibaulb
12-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Good! I was considering trying Liberty, but now that I know there's really no point, I don't have to. I do have one question though, I'm not sure if you listen to much music, but do you have the infamous music stuttering the X2 is known for? I do, and I'm considering taking it to Verizon and seeing if they'll send me a new one. I've had it since day one and always thought rooting and flashing a ROM would fix the issue, but now that I've done both, I don't know what to do.....

After running Eclipse for a day I am 100% loving it. It is far better than liberty. Not to say that liberty was bad though, I really liked it on my droid x, but like others are saying it does seem sluggish and slow on the x2. If you've got the time I would recommend going over to liberty and trying it out for a few days, that way you will appreciate eclipse that much more!

DX2Trip
02-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Loving Eclipse 2.0.4. Complete smoothness as EVER! Love using GO launcher EX as well to make all my apps larger and even a more customization on top of root.

Sent from my DROID X2 running Eclipse v2.0.4

thibaulb
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
did you try the market fixer app? (i think made by p3droid)

Im on Eclipse 2.0.2 supercharged and loving it! didnt even bother with liberty on my x2 as i was sure it would have the same unsatisfactory performance results for me as it did on my X.

supercharged? does that mean its overclocked?

Brad92
02-09-2012, 10:56 AM
No, its the V6 supercharger script that optimizes memory

Galnet MIUI

thibaulb
02-10-2012, 07:51 AM
No, its the V6 supercharger script that optimizes memoryGalnet MIUIHow do I get that?

Brad92
02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Download it from here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/148268-script-v6-supercharger-htk-bulletproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html

Then get Script Manager from the market. Run the V6 script and follow the instructions

Galnet MIUI

thibaulb
02-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Wow, that looks pretty intense. Do u actually notice a difference?

Brad92
02-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Its really easy. Just load the script and it gives you options based on the phone RAM. For instance, you would choose the 512mb settings.

Galnet MIUI

thibaulb
02-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Its really easy. Just load the script and it gives you options based on the phone RAM. For instance, you would choose the 512mb settings.

Galnet MIUI

I actually see an aption for MegaRAM 1 w/512mb and MegaRAM 2 w/512mb. I have no idea what the vaules next to them mean though.

I have lots of questions about this thing though haha. What do I need to do to ensure these setting stick so that I dont have to do this every boot? And I saw that there was an option to create a home screen widget so you can check on the status of it, how do I do that? What exactly will it show me?

Thanks for all the help with this man

DX2Trip
02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
So I just now noticed today, the camcorder on this version sucks! V2.0.3 was better then this one. Anyone else notice how pixelated and blury the camcorder is? ***EDIT so I just went back to camcorder to take a screen shot to show yall how messed up and crazy it was but when I went into it, it was back to normal looking and everything was fine. Very odd, seemed like it was a whole different camcorder app I was in earlier. Weird.

MXC357
02-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Ran Eclipse for awhile then tried out Liberty, Liberty with v6 supercharger out performs by far. Eclipse has a lot of force closes plus dropped calls GALORE Liberty has been very nice to me. Ran a Quadrant benchmark on my DX2 running Liberty and scores 2705 went to Verizon and checked out the new Razr Maxx and benched only 2550 on stock. I think I will wait till the Motorola Bullet comes out (Quad Core Baby).

DX2Trip
02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
No V6. Complete stock of Eclipse. Few apps. Nice results but been looking into CM7. Seems like you get more customize options. Eclipse has been feeling to plain for me.