PDA

View Full Version : Swype files gingerbread

konata_fan337
12-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Hello,
Can someone give me the swype files from gingerbread so i can use it in miui 1.12.9

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

stryker
12-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Hello,
Can someone give me the swype files from gingerbread so i can use it in miui 1.12.9

Just sign up for Swype on there Web site. It's free. They will in return send your a link to download the Swype installer, then enter your username and password to sign in so you can download. Then you would run and it will install the latest build. . by the way, the latest up date was awesome!!

=(.stryker.miui.1.12.9.)=

konata_fan337
12-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Ya i know but i like the one from stock and its theme

ems3
12-24-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't think the stock works...... I think you have to use the beta version on miui...... You can always download one of my themed ones...... If that installs for you I think I can make a stock one for you

stryker
12-24-2011, 09:39 AM
You have to use beta as far as i know on miui. I use Swype beta. It works on every ROM. miui is easy to install. A ROM that comes pre installed there are a couple steps you take to get the pre installed one gone, so you can install beta. It's way better then pre installed! That's what you get from there Web site, the beta. I would recommend the beta. The stock Swype pop up word boxes are a deal breaker for me. it's not like that in beta. You pick a word like you do on the gingerbread key board. I am a dedicated Swype user too, can't even use a normal keyboard anymore. I recommend the beta.

stryker
12-24-2011, 09:56 AM
I don't think the stock works...... I think you have to use the beta version on miui...... You can always download one of my themed ones...... If that installs for you I think I can make a stock one for you

Is it hard to theme Swype? I make themes, but i usually don't do the keyboard. Which is crazy cause my themes i change almost every image on the whole phone. Are they all .9's? If so it will be cake. If the key colors are xml codes, not so much. I know the beta i decompiled to look, and there were almost no pngs. It was all xml. I was like screw it, I'll try it at a later date, haha.

ems3
12-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Is it hard to theme Swype? I make themes, but i usually don't do the keyboard. Which is crazy cause my themes i change almost every image on the whole phone. Are they all .9's? If so it will be cake. If the key colors are xml codes, not so much. I know the beta i decompiled to look, and there were almost no pngs. It was all xml. I was like screw it, I'll try it at a later date, haha.

I haven't tried with the beta yet, I know there are some.9 and if I can remember when I looked into the beta there isn't a keyboard folder like the older preinstall version had..... I have been switching jobs and just haven't gotten settled in enough to mess the Swype yet... You could try and ask nemosfate on here I think he was trying to figure out how to theme it also

konata_fan337
12-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Ok I decided to install the beta and now I'm try to theme or my self

ems3
12-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Ok I decided to install the beta and now I'm try to theme or my self

Just make sure to make a copy of beta before you start messing with it.

Nemo aeternamn
12-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Just make sure to make a copy of beta before you start messing with it.

+1...haha... i tried messing around... just to try it out..haha... it ended up breaking half a day later...lol... so making a copy to keep as a back up... is a good idea

radrobe
12-25-2011, 01:46 PM
It said my email address was already registered when I went to the site and wouldn't send it again....any ideas?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nemo aeternamn
12-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Wait... When I first signed up... Out took me a couple days... I'd just try resending the email tomorrow

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

ems3
12-25-2011, 03:59 PM
It said my email address was already registered when I went to the site and wouldn't send it again....any ideas?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

There should be a forgot your password option somewhere...... I had to change my password to get in cause I forgot the one I had signed up with

ems3
12-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Did you get this working?

Hellbent
01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Did you get this working?

Hey, maybe I'm missing something...

Running cm7 - tried tibu to restore swype and it kept fc'ing. So I logged in for the beta. It downloaded, etc. But on install it says the Beta is not for devices that have swype pre-installed...

Do I simply need to cleanout something from the previous attempt at using swype from my tibu?

Thanks!
HB

Nemo aeternamn
01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Ya.. You need to uninstall the official version... Then install the installer.. Then it will install the beta...

Everyone caries one deep inside...
It's just a matter of how much you let it slide

Hellbent
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks! Swype is good to go. Fyi, for those interested, I needed to use tibu to uninstall the system app.

HB