PDA

View Full Version : Modifying/Themes for Eclipse v 2.0.2

matthewc777
12-24-2011, 12:17 AM
trying to learin all of this still but the most i have done is change my boot animation. does anyone know if rom tools works with this version of eclipse or how i would go about getting/making themes for this?

juhde
12-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Since there are no themes yet and themes made for older versions won't work, the best you can do is try to port them yourself.

ROM toolbox its hit and miss, everything I've tried as far as system icons either half worked or didn't work at all. It probably works better in other phones.

Gimme a second and I'll post some rough theme porting instructions.

Edit:

Make a nandroid backup first! Remember you can access bsr by plugging in from a power off state as long as the last time you ran bootstrap recovery you choose reboot recovery. So if something goes wrong you'll be able to restore.

Get ninjamorph and root explorer from the market. Download the theme you want. In root explorer go into the theme zip (without unzipping it, great feature) and unzip /system/framework/framework-res.apk and /system/app/systemui.apk. Then navigate to the extracted folder in your sdcard, both files should be there now. Unzip both apk files.

Now open ninjamorph, create new project, pick your current framework and systemui apks (the ones you're actually using now, not the theme ones we just unzipped. Once both are unpacked exit ninjamorph.

Open root explorer, go to the unzipped theme apks, inside each you'll find a folder called res, and in that you'll find drawable-hdpi. Each folder should contain nothing but pngs, copy all of them and paste them in the same folder of the unpacked current versions, you'll find them in /sdcard/androidthemes/workingfolder/"apk name"

Just copy each respective set of theme pngs and replace the ones in the Android theme working folder.

After you've copied both sets of pngs go back to ninjamorph and tap finish project, tap framework, then yes, yes, the last one should say delete your current project, say no. Then reboot.

After rebooting do the same with system ui. At the end of this one you'll get a force close loop. Just turn off the screen, turn it back on so you'll be at the lock screen, then hold power button and select reboot.

You just ported the theme (basically).

Sent from my Android device.

matthewc777
12-24-2011, 12:22 AM
to the rescue! awesome. i was just reading about how to change the boot logo...lol

matthewc777
12-24-2011, 12:26 AM
oh boy thats pretty extensive. ill have to read up on it a bit. overall i am extremely pleased with everything about eclipse. i just want to know everything i can about it now. :) . so it is a possibility that themes will be made in the future?

juhde
12-24-2011, 12:28 AM
to the rescue! awesome. i was just reading about how to change the boot logo...lol

Lol, I'm assuming you're kinda new to forums, the reason I asked you to create a new post is because what you wanted had nothing to do with rooting with zergrush, we try to discourage "off topic" discussion in threads because if someone was looking for theme instructions I doubt they'd think to look in a zergrush guide. :)

You probably didn't even think about and don't worry, everybody does it at least once.

matthewc777
12-24-2011, 12:54 AM
so it is a possibility that themes will be made in the future?

juhde
12-24-2011, 01:09 AM
so it is a possibility that themes will be made in the future?

Probably. They're almost always made eventually.

jwalz
12-24-2011, 01:27 AM

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

matthewc777
12-24-2011, 02:27 AM
merry christmas. thanks for the help . ill watch for updates or themes to come out. cheers!

Infantry667
12-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Themes such as poison green for older eclipse versions have been updated to work for 2.0.X and some new ones specifically for 2.0.X are available. They can all be found on XDA from the dev Kevin3328, he and hedwig34 made them them.

SBF'd (sent blazingly fast) from my Hulkified X2

Infantry667
12-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Just flashed Alien Glow, my eyes popped out.

SBF'd (sent blazingly fast) from my Alienated X2

jimcaz
12-25-2011, 10:16 PM
There are themes for the eclipse 2

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

kevin3328
12-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes there are I have 3 up on XDA forums DROID x2 section.... themes and apps section... I have 3 if u search the forums one called blue neon steel.. one called blooded up and blazed out red...and Hedwig and I made alien glow together recently.. Hedwig also has some of his own themes available for 2.0 +

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums