PDA

View Full Version : Best rom

jab1472
12-23-2011, 08:05 PM
What's the best rom out there? I'm running miui v21 is there any better Roms out
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Leach19m
12-23-2011, 08:14 PM
If MIUI isn't feeling like your cup o' tea, make a nandroid backup, SBF, and try another rom until you find one you really like.

Just asking what the best one is is too open ended, and there's really no way to answer as its totally a personal preference thing.

jab1472
12-23-2011, 08:41 PM
What's a good one to try something stable and popular the rom thing is still new to me

BHuber09
12-23-2011, 08:50 PM
People like vortex liberty apex
My feeling for the most stable is apex
But see this is where asking doesn't help you might dislike it. You just have to get put and try every T
Rom until you find your favorite.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Scram
12-23-2011, 11:26 PM
I say get rooted if your not, export your contacts to sd, make a backup with d2bootstrapper, burn yourself a 1kds Linux boot disk, review how to sbf with it and flash away... I don't think there is anything you could do that a good ol' sbf couldn't fix. You'll be a junkie like the rest of us in no time:)

Sent from my liberated DX

DirtyDroid
01-02-2012, 11:02 PM
People like vortex liberty apex
My feeling for the most stable is apex
But see this is where asking doesn't help you might dislike it. You just have to get put and try every T
Rom until you find your favorite.

FreeMyMoto!!!

+1 there...you can def. get ideas, and stuff but youll never know how you (or even your phone for that matter) will like it...good luck

spodoc
01-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Is there a "best" anything? There is always a reason to not like something. I personally can't stand not having 1% battery notification and also need the option to, on the fly, nandroid to 605. Sooooooo that pretty much cuts me out of any 2nd-init rom except Ssx. So whereas others sing the praises of miui... meh. It fails my needs.

Others may absolutely require the theming capabilities of miui and have no need for 720p video.

There is no best, only best for you. If your job or family situation requires the best in stability, then stay stock like my wife does. There is no shame in it. Stock 605 rocks. If you are more flexible, then let the flashing begin :)

grege3g
01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I've run almost all of the roms out there for the DX since early Liberty. It's really all about what you want, and how geek you want to go. Currently IMO the best of the best is the RevNumbers CM7 Gingerbread builds. Being init2 you can use cool apps like Boot Manager to try other Gingerbread roms before commiting. I have yet to find a better rom to swap to though. It supports the T-Mobile GUI framework which means, THEMES THEMES THEMES. You don't hafta swap roms or flash mods to make your phone look you.

LIBERTY!!!!!!! Liberty 3 is number two right now for me since jRummy decided not to pursue 2nd init, HOWEVER! Liberty 3 is a magnificent init1 rom that screams, looks nice and is hopefully not gonna fade into devspace. ;)

APEX!!!! APEX is a beautiful stock themed (deodexed) fast firecracker of fury. I will never speak an ill word of Fab's quick little rom series. They have all been great! And worth waiting for.

MIUI is cool and quick but the themes are too cartoonish anime b.s. for me. It has an iPhony interface.

OMFGB is a neat little build just a bit too stock android for me, and didn't really display any new funk.

The current CM4DX GB RevNumbers build is very stable considering the magnitude of functionality it brings to the table. It's almost as open of an experience as you can have without writing code. CM7 is an amazing project and we're very fortunate that there are devs willing to devote time to the X. If your conscious of your settings you should have a great time :)

All in all every rom is great and the X has an amazing support base. Thanks to all the devs whose projects I've mentioned above. Except for MIUI... If you want an iPhone buy an iPhone!

C'mon ICS! - Cheech

That's funny because I can tell you have never owned a iPhone I have the 3g and 4gs iPhones and its nothing like miui maybe im missing something