PDA

View Full Version : Vortex and voice dial (BT) bug?

mikelets456
12-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Hello All,
I recently flashed Vortex ROM to my phone and absolutely LOVE it. However, one concern and it is a very big one for me. I use Blue Tooth dialing/Voice command quite often. However, when I tap my bluetooth (BT) headset I get a double beep, I do it again and double beep. However, if I press the "home key" on the phone I hear in the headset "Please say a command" then it works perfectly. Anyone have a fix for this?

I simply want to hit my BT button and go to a command without pulling my phone out of my jacket.

mikelets456
12-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Found the answer to my question, ironically when looking up something completely different:

SETTINGS --> LOCATION & SECURITY --> Allow Bluetooth bypass [X]

mikelets456
12-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Worked once now not working. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

geekbanter
12-27-2011, 05:52 PM
I have run into a similar issue. I had set bluetooth bypass when I originally tested it worked fine, but when I tried to voicedial a couple days later I couldn't. I have to unlock the screen before it will ask for a command.

mikelets456
12-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks. That's what I was afraid of...kind of defeats the purpose of hands free. I rolled back to stock rooted rom. It is a shame as I loved using Vortex...fast, stable and great battery life. If there was a fix for this I'd to back to Vortex immediately. Please fix....