PDA

View Full Version : [BOOT ANIMATION] SoA - Sons of Anarchy

X_man
12-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey guys! I know this is small potatoes to a lot of you. Especially you awesome developers out there that make all this amazing stuff for our Xs. But I made my first boot animation today. I've done so much moding to my phone but never with something I personally made. :-)

"Sons Of Anarchy boot animation"

SoA-boot-animation (http://min.us/mE5zP2SB8)

Anybody that wants to try it out. Download the file. Rename it "bootanimation.zip" Use a root explorer to find the folder "system" in that folder is the "media" folder. In that folder is a file with the same name. Save a backup of that file because that's the boot animation you have now. Then replace that file with the one you downloaded. Sorry if that was kinda long winded. I'm not used to explaining things like this. I downloaded the file myself and replaced mine with it to make sure it uploaded ok and it worked fine for me.

Sent from my VorteX DROIDX

Talon66721
12-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, if it helps any, I'm impressed! Pretty sure that would take me forever, mostly because I would have to learn how to go about it first. Lol. But, seriously, can you post it for us to see? I'm curious now.

MICHO
12-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Congrats! It becomes very addicting .. just ask fezrock and Harleydude..;)

X_man
12-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks! I was really into it there for a while. Couldn't get it to work just right but that just made me more determined. It's a pretty simple animation really. Idk if you have ever seen Sons Of Anarchy on FX "All my friends and family are addicted to that show" lol. But at the end of every episode the screen goes black and a grim reaper with a scythe with an M16 for a handle "That's the sons of anarchy motorcycle club patch" just kinda fades into view. It just does that over and over. Pretty simple but really cool if your a fan of the show.

MICHO
12-16-2011, 10:30 PM
That show is awesome! Soa ftw!

X_man
12-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Well, if it helps any, I'm impressed! Pretty sure that would take me forever, mostly because I would have to learn how to go about it first. Lol. But, seriously, can you post it for us to see? I'm curious now.

To be honest I'm not really sure how I would go about posting it. Never done it before. It's not flashable or anything. Its just a zip file that you have to use root explorer to replace the current boot animation file. But I really appreciate the interest :-)

X_man
12-16-2011, 10:35 PM
That show is awesome! Soa ftw!

Yeah that is the one thing that around my house that the whole world stops for. Lol

Talon66721
12-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Hell, X, I don't know how either. But at least now I know what it is. No worries, my girl and I have been fans since day one. Even if it's more dramatic than the reality is. That's tv for ya.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fezrock
12-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Congrats! I'm eager to try it!

Try dropbox or minus for file sharing made easy. There is an app for each on the market, as well as a pc download. Then you can sync files via the cloud. And they're free :)

X_man
12-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanx fez. I'll check it out and let you know.

X_man
12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
OK Fez here it is. My SOA boot animation.

"Sons Of Anarchy boot animation"

Anybody that wants to try it out. Download the file. Rename it "bootanimation.zip" Use a root explorer to find the folder "system" in that folder is the "media" folder. In that folder is a file with the same name. Save a backup of that file because that's the boot animation you have now. Then replace that file with the one you downloaded. Sorry if that was kinda long winded. I'm not used to explaining things like this. I downloaded the file myself and replaced mine with it to make sure it uploaded ok and it worked fine for me.

Thanks Fez.

Congrats! I'm eager to try it!

Try dropbox or minus for file sharing made easy. There is an app for each on the market, as well as a pc download. Then you can sync files via the cloud. And they're free :)

BHuber09
12-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Downloading now!!! I love SOA!! Thanks X
Oh yeah and if you don't want to replace the bootani in system media just out the file in /data/local. That takes priority over system media. I always do it that way its much easier haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

X_man
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Downloading now!!! I love SOA!! Thanks X
Oh yeah and if you don't want to replace the bootani in system media just out the file in /data/local. That takes priority over system media. I always do it that way its much easier haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

Thanks that would be easier. It's a pretty simple animation but cool if your a fan. :-)
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

BHuber09
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
I love it. Only thing is I like stuff to go faster personally so when I get home im gonna bump up the fps haha. But hey man great job its perfect.

FreeMyMoto!!!

X_man
12-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks!

I love it. Only thing is I like stuff to go faster personally so when I get home im gonna bump up the fps haha. But hey man great job its perfect.

FreeMyMoto!!!

X_man
12-18-2011, 06:24 PM

FreeMyMoto!!!

I wanted it a little faster also but for some reason no matter what I set the number to it wouldn't change. Maybe you can look at it and tell me what's wrong. "Third set of numbers on the first line right?"
Idlk why it wouldn't do it.

fezrock
12-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Fantastic! Love it! Great job :)

What's next?

X_man
12-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Fantastic! Love it! Great job :)

What's next?

Idk but it will definitely be somthing. I really got into that when I was doing it. I think this may be my newest obsession! LOL

BHuber09
12-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah 3rd number first line. Its 13 now doubling should be perfect. But I do see no numbers work for it. But question is the first folder and second folder filled with the same pictures? Because if you want to make it a smaller file then you can drop the 2nd folder and have the first number after p on the first line to a 0 and that will repeat it. Also there is a thumbs.db and o have no clue what that is haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

X_man
12-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah 3rd number first line. Its 13 now doubling should be perfect. But I do see no numbers work for it. But question is the first folder and second folder filled with the same pictures? Because if you want to make it a smaller file then you can drop the 2nd folder and have the first number after p on the first line to a 0 and that will repeat it. Also there is a thumbs.db and o have no clue what that is haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

Those thumbs whatever they are kept showing up after I deleted them. It must have somthing to do with the way the options are set for folders with pics in them on my pc. That's the only thing I can think of because I've had them show up in other things in the past. Like coping and pasting pics from the pc to a flash drive or burning them to a disc. They don't show up in the folder on the pc. You only see them AFTER you copy pics to somthing else. They don't even show up when you click "show hidden files". Let me know if you figure it out. I'd like mine faster too. The pics are the same but with different file numbers.

X_man
12-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I actually thought about doing that with the folders but I didn't know if it would work. The instructions I went by said two folders. I figured this is my first one so don't rock the boat! LOL

BHuber09
12-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Haha its all good, just future reference haha. But I can't seem to figure out what that is hah

FreeMyMoto!!!

X_man
12-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Hey Huber I got it running faster and it looks a lot better now.

I have it running at about the same speed as it does at the end of the show. The program that I used to take the screenshots of the show "NERO" as you probably noticed inserted the letters DVD in the middle of the file name. I took out the letters and the fps started working. Who would have thunk it. LOL I also did away with the other folder like we talked about so the file is a lot smaller.

FreeMyMoto!!!

fezrock
12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Nice edits. I deleted the .db and rezipped with Total Commander app. http://db.tt/uSxXNzU8 I've seen that before, and it doesn't affect anything. Just annoying. Also a suggestion, to put a name with each bootani. This is to help you, and your users.

X_man
12-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks fez.
I was going to name it but wasn’t quite sure how to go about it since this is the first time I’ve really used minus. I didn’t pay any attention to how big the db file was until you deleted it. A lot smaller file now.
:big smile:

Nice edits. I deleted the .db and rezipped with Total Commander app. http://db.tt/uSxXNzU8 I've seen that before, and it doesn't affect anything. Just annoying. Also a suggestion, to put a name with each bootani. This is to help you, and your users.

HarleyDude
12-19-2011, 11:37 AM
requested name change
Nice Bootanimation btw...

fezrock
12-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks fez.
I was going to name it but wasn’t quite sure how to go about it since this is the first time I’ve really used minus. I didn’t pay any attention to how big the db file was until you deleted it. A lot smaller file now.
:big smile:

I use winrar for zipping. Never had the .db issue. Trust me, once you have a collection you'll appreciate being able to differentiate them. As for users, having multiple bootanimation.zip files gets confusing. I have a special "temp" folder for the ones I run across. Then I rename them.

You'll develop your own organization system as you make more. It IS addicting:)

BHuber09
12-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Haha love it now. Looks perfect. Ill keep this one for a while!
And +1 to everything fez said. I do the same thing and yes you are addicted now more than ever I bet haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

X_man
12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Haha love it now. Looks perfect. Ill keep this one for a while!
And +1 to everything fez said. I do the same thing and yes you are addicted now more than ever I bet haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

Thanks!

Yeah I think it looks a lot better with the higher fps. :-)

X_man
12-19-2011, 04:52 PM
requested name change
Nice Bootanimation btw...

Thanks HD. I want to thank all of you for your advice, input and help. It was a really good learning experience for me. I really liked doing this and I'm sure there will be more to come.