PDA

View Full Version : newbie to rooting dx on 605...

csphelps76
12-17-2011, 09:51 PM
i've had my dx for awhile now runnin all stock and have been considering rooting and switchin to a different rom....but i'm completely clueless where to start...i believe my phone is running on 605...i've read all kinda posts but still dont have a clear idea what my 1st step should be...i dont wanna brick my phone

swalker
12-17-2011, 09:54 PM
You won't brick any thing just follow directions and read!
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=417138
Why they ask? , because I can!

DirtyDroid
12-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah Like swalker said be sure to read...I'm sure your on. 605 ..but hard menu>settings>about phone...to root you'll need a computer ...and you can get that from the blue link in my signature...:)....next you should grab d2 bootstrap from the market ..it works great on gingerbread....open it up...hit bootstrap recovery...ok to success then reboot recovery....it'll reboot..then scroll down to backup/restore with volume buttons>select with camera>then choose backup>it'll backup your current state...so if something were to happen you have a nandroid (backup) to restore...then reboot system ..that's probably the biggest step to do first after root

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

csphelps76
12-17-2011, 10:48 PM
i tried to download the gb.602 root file but it keeps comin up as a blank page

Nemo aeternamn
12-17-2011, 11:02 PM
welcome... as stated above... have no fear... with how our x is set up.. it's pretty much impossible to actually brick...lol... luckily...
and rooting and stuff is pretty easy...
if you have any other questions or what not.. .feel free to ask and join in

Nemo aeternamn
12-17-2011, 11:04 PM
i tried to download the gb.602 root file but it keeps comin up as a blank page

give it a sec.. it should start downloading automatically...
the you'll just need to extract all the files to the same folder and run it