PDA

View Full Version : Final backups before flashing a ROM

mikelets456
12-15-2011, 08:13 AM
I have everything backed up via Bootstrap recovery. Now here are a few questions that I have before flashing to Vortex:

1- I created two back ups on my SD card with two different dates. However, I have my rooted stock rom running stable and fast since the last back up. I added a few programs and it is running really well. Is there a way that I can back up today and then delete the two other back ups? They take up about a Gig of space each so I am sure you see the reason to delete these back ups.

2-How do I create a back up on my computer similar to that of my SD card? So if all heck breaks and I have to restore from my computer...then how can I do it? Is it a simple "one button" click restore?

3-Let's say I install the ROM but some important programs don't work (IE notes traveler for work). Do I simply hold down the power button and scroll to "recovery"?

Anyway, I have read and read and read. I simply want to make sure all bases are covered as stock ROM is running very nice right now and want to make sure I can get back to it. However, my "geek" side of me really is curious about trying a new ROM....

DirtyDroid
12-15-2011, 08:30 AM
yea just make another backup with d2 bootstrap..then open up file explorer and navigate to clockwork/backup and delete the two you don't want...you can copy that on your computer...as for a sage fail I'd something did happen and you can't restore the backup ...the sbf comes into play...its not a one click....but a few key presses..and as carcass recovery...if vortex you can use d2 and then navigate to backup/restore>restore

Sent from my DROIDX