PDA

View Full Version : Customizing notification bar icons

Whatuseekisfire
12-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Im on Liberty 3 2.0 and I downloaded the Epic Blue theme which is very nice but I dont like the icons in the notification bar..i was told to use ninjamorph..i figured out how to get to the pngs that I downloaded to my SD card and I tried to change the icons and but its just not changing for me after my phone reboots..if anybody is familiar with this please help me out..thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

C Dippa
12-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Try going into ninjamorph, select existing project, then press copy files...then press back and finish project.

Sent from my DROIDX

Whatuseekisfire
12-14-2011, 11:04 PM
i used this link..
Try going into ninjamorph, select existing project, then press copy files...then press back and finish project.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-theme-stickies/12641-how-use-ninjamorph-change-notification-bar-icons.html
Sent from my DROIDX its just not working for me..

Whatuseekisfire
12-14-2011, 11:07 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-theme-stickies/12641-how-use-ninjamorph-change-notification-bar-icons.html

C Dippa
12-14-2011, 11:09 PM
What are you trying to do exactly? Some things have changed with updates since that guide, so if you can tell us what you want to do and what steps you've taken, that would be helpful.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Whatuseekisfire
12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
i want to change the icons on the notification bar..such as the wifi icon, the bluetooth icon, data on,data off icon, airplane mode..stuff like that..

What are you trying to do exactly? Some things have changed with updates since that guide, so if you can tell us what you want to do and what steps you've taken, that would be helpful.

Whatuseekisfire
12-14-2011, 11:25 PM
i downloaded that watermark file to my SD card and followed all the instructions on that link that i put up..

C Dippa
12-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Well, that guide is from a prior version of Android, so some icons are in a different place now. I know that Wifi icons are now in system/app/systemUI.apk, instead of framework-res.apk, so you'll need to start a new project with systemUI.apk for those. I believe the others are in systemUI as well, but I'm just going off of memory. May take some trial and error, but just know that some icons in frameworkres.apk may be there, but your system may not use them, so changing them won't actually change anything.

Try systemUI.apk and I think you'll be able to change most all of them.

Whatuseekisfire
12-14-2011, 11:51 PM
ok i found the icons in systemUI.apk..now what do i do about that watermark'd file? does that seem to be up to date?
Well, that guide is from a prior version of Android, so some icons are in a different place now. I know that Wifi icons are now in system/app/systemUI.apk, instead of framework-res.apk, so you'll need to start a new project with systemUI.apk for those. I believe the others are in systemUI as well, but I'm just going off of memory. May take some trial and error, but just know that some icons in frameworkres.apk may be there, but your system may not use them, so changing them won't actually change anything.

C Dippa
12-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Actually...if you want to use watermark'd, I would swap icons from this version...

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25377

This one is gingerbread, so the icons will be named the same and be in the same place.

Whatuseekisfire
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
i figured it out..i changed my icons..i didnt need to use that watermark file i downloaded..i also noticed that some of the icons i wanna change doesnt have a replacement icon such as the data on, data off icon that has the up arrow and down arrow..i couldnt find anything similar to that..so im assuming i can replace it with any other icon i see..right? another thing i noticed is after i made my changes and clicked on finish project..it force closes on me than i select Ok and the little force closed window keeps popping up..and it leaves me with no choice but to pull the battery out than put it back in and power it back on..but hey it worked and changed the icons so now im happy..thanks a lot C Dippa..

Whatuseekisfire
12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
i just looked at this link and i dont think its compatible with my ROM cuz im on a .605 build..on Liberty 3 2.0 and im def on Gingerbread..but i dont wanna mess things ups..or what do you think?
Actually...if you want to use watermark'd, I would swap icons from this version...

[THEME] Watermaked with a persnal touch for GB .591 (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25377)

This one is gingerbread, so the icons will be named the same and be in the same place.

C Dippa
12-15-2011, 01:04 AM
It's definitely not compatible to install it, but you can swap icons from it with ninjamorph....that will work fine on .605/Liberty 3.

You can really use any theme for the notification icons, but on some, the names are different and they're in different files. If you use a GB theme such as the one I posted, the icon has the same name and is in the same file as the one you're replacing.

C Dippa
12-15-2011, 01:08 AM
And glad you got some of the icons changed :)

Whatuseekisfire
12-15-2011, 07:23 AM
It's definitely not compatible to install it, but you can swap icons from it with ninjamorph....that will work fine on .605/Liberty 3.

You can really use any theme for the notification icons, but on some, the names are different and they're in different files. If you use a GB theme such as the one I posted, the icon has the same name and is in the same file as the one you're replacing.

ok but I still have to download that watermark theme file thats in that link you provided? To my SD card..and open up ninjamorph and the icons will be there? Or do I need to go in to astro and create another watermark folder and move the watermark file I downloaded to my SD card and extract all files and move it to the watermark folder than move that to the androidthemes folder? Cuz thats what I did the very first time...

Acecoleman132
12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Use metamorph its so much easier, download icons, move to android themes, open metamorph and extract new theme, pick the file, apply changes, then it'll. Reboot, there ya go.

Whatuseekisfire
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Use metamorph its so much easier, download icons, move to android themes, open metamorph and extract new theme, pick the file, apply changes, then it'll. Reboot, there ya go.

Ok where do I get the file to download these icons..