PDA

View Full Version : Root/Rom Help

ReconBadger
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM
I rooted and installed Cyanogenmod 7 to my Droid X the other day. But after using it I realize that I prefer the original Android system. When I go to reset my Droid using rsd lite I plug in the phone, and the phone shows the USB icon, but the computer can't "see" the phone. I've tried it on 3 different computers and all of their USB ports but the phone still isnt detected. It says I can use USB file transfer so I don't understand why the computer can't detect the phone. Is there any way to fix this? Any help is appreciated.

fc127
12-14-2011, 05:33 PM
The easiest way to get into the bootloader is to power off, plug in USB, then power on. It should go right to the bootloader.

Sent from my DInc2

cory46
12-14-2011, 05:33 PM
In order to use rsd lite you need to have your phone in bootloader mode (black screen white text)
It'll reset your phone back to out of the box state.

And cyanogen is original android ;) with customizations.

You're wanting to go back to the blur interface is what I'm gathering correct?

Edit: ninja'd

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ReconBadger
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM
In order to use rsd lite you need to have your phone in bootloader mode (black screen white text)It'll reset your phone back to out of the box state.And cyanogen is original android ;) with customizations.You're wanting to go back to the blur interface is what I'm gathering correct? Edit: ninja'dSent from my DROIDX using Droid X ForumsYes, I want to go back to blur. And I know it should work in bootloader mode, that's how I flashed it back to froyo when I was putting on CM7. But my computer can't detect the phone. The phone says it's connected by USB but my computers dont seem to agree.

swalker
12-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Restart process and try again

Blazing......

nodixe
01-06-2012, 05:48 AM
why not jus nandroid back? I got my X around halloween and have flashed almost every .605 based rom...run'm for awhile...make a nandroid...then try sump else. Then I jus nandroid back and forth...even back to my original ota .605 nandroid. Ive never encountered a situation that required an sbf so Ive never done one...butI keep an sbf file JIC....

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums