PDA

View Full Version : Camera on Milestone X

glshub
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Got OTA update to gingerbread a week or so ago and my camera is acting cfazg. It wont go to gallery sometimes... Goes to camera. When going to gallery it went to camera settings page.

Is there a app I can d load that will make it right? Also the pictures aren't as clear as they used to be.

I sure wish Id passed on the 'update. ' Personally I think it is a downgrade. I wish I could get my old froyo back!

Sent from my Milestone X

glshub
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Nothing??

Sent from my Milestone X

Talon66721
12-14-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't have a milestone, so I'm not sure how different it is from my X. But, have you tried going to the camera in settings and cleared data? Not sure if it will help, but that's where I would start. Also, I'm assuming you aren't rooted since you got the ota. But you might consider it. It really gives you a lot more options. Another thought is to try reinstalling the update through stock recovery. Part of it may have glitched and that may fix it. As a last resort, maybe a factory reset? See if any of that helps, if not, I don't know. If rooted, you could just change out the camera file with another one that's good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Andyhobbs625
12-14-2011, 08:42 PM
you are on bluegrass cellular correct. i just noticed the update myself but have not installed it. I am happy with what i have if the update does not help, perhaps i will pass. Other than the camera issues is there any other noticeable difference? Also, were you rooted or are you rooted now? thanks for the heads up in advance.

glshub
12-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Andy, have been rooted and unrooted. I wish I hadn't taken the update. It is a lot different. Mostly just ui stuff. Prob just got so used to froyo. Never had a fc with froyo. Have had several random ones since.

Talon, where would I find that setting? Don't see it.

Thanks

Sent from my Milestone X

glshub
12-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Talon. I found it. Duh. I just woke up. It's 4:15 my brain isn't working yet. Reset it. Will see what happens.

Sent from my Milestone X

Andyhobbs625
12-15-2011, 07:36 AM
I think I think I will pass for now on my update. My wife has the same phone, I might see if she wants to update hers and I will decide from that what I will do. Thanks again.

Andyhobbs625
12-15-2011, 08:12 AM
By the way, after the update, what version is the phone, 2.3.3? Just curious if I did do the update what would it take to root it again. I don't have a computer so I would need to find a way to root without one. Thanks again.

lexridge
12-15-2011, 08:22 PM
It should update to 2.3.5. That is what most folks are getting anyway. 2.3.5 is easily rootable using the latest SuperOneClick.

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

noXcuse
12-15-2011, 08:27 PM
It should update to 2.3.5. That is what most folks are getting anyway. 2.3.5 is easily rootable using the latest SuperOneClick.

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

Can you link that please? I've tried several methods to root my buddies Milestone X, with no luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Talon66721
12-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Talon. I found it. Duh. I just woke up. It's 4:15 my brain isn't working yet. Reset it. Will see what happens.

Sent from my Milestone X

Sorry, went to bed after that post. Long, rough day yesterday for me, couldn't end soon enough. Did that help you any?

glshub
12-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Yes it is 2.3.5

Sent from my Milestone X

glshub
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
My wife has the same phone also. I wish now I had used hers for a few days before I updated mine. I guess gingerbread does have more options BUT to me the negative far outweighs the positive. We take a lot of pics and the camera doesn't work anywhere near as well as iit did on froyo. Another thing is it made the phones "lag" more when going from one thing to another. I should have known gingerbread would need more memory as it was made for newer phones (having more memory).
They say I can root and go back but that just opens up another can of worms. Like if I need to take my phone in it will not have the stock stuff on it therefore voiding warranties. I have had Motorolas that had to be replaced before. They only give refurbished ones and 9 out of 10 never are right. So... I am stuck with gingerjunk. My suggestion is to really think about it before you "upgrade". I'd certainly not if I could go back.
This site, actually is for verizon droid x's. No matter what they say on here there ARE different. Very little difference but still different. For instance, there isn't a sbf for bluegrass milestone x.

I would like to have a link to a root that will, for sure, work on this phone. Just in case I decide to go that direction.

Thanks and Good Luck!!

Sent from my Milestone X

lexridge
12-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Try this one.
[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.1 - Automatic Driver Installation! - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682)

Can you link that please? I've tried several methods to root my buddies Milestone X, with no luck.

noXcuse
12-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Try this one.
[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.1 - Automatic Driver Installation! - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682)

Thanks man. I'll give this one a whirl.

lexridge
12-16-2011, 07:45 PM
We take a lot of pics and the camera doesn't work anywhere near as well as iit did on froyo.

Have you tried a 3rd party camera app? I just tried Camera Zoom FX and it's pretty sweet! The camera on my MX phone, under Froyo was AWFUL! The flash would trigger long before the shutter did, and I always ended up with black photos. It was also very sluggish.

Another thing is it made the phones "lag" more when going from one thing to another. I should have known gingerbread would need more memory as it was made for newer phones (having more memory).
They say I can root and go back but that just opens up another can of worms.

I have found Gingerbread to be MUCH faster and more responsive than Froyo. I would like to get rid of all the BLuR apps however. I also see I have more available memory using GB over Froyo. I don't understand yours is using more memory.

You can root, and unroot. The problem is, there is no way as of yet to revert to stock 2.3.5 via sbf....YET. Once Verizon updates their DX users to 2.3.5, there will be an SBF file available, I am certain. We will just have to use Linux to flash it, so the Baseband does not get flashed. Apparently, Linux is the only way to do this. yay LINUX!

This site, actually is for verizon droid x's. No matter what they say on here there ARE different. Very little difference but still different. For instance, there isn't a sbf for bluegrass milestone x.

You are somewhat correct. The hardware IS identical. It is the firnware that differs. I prefer the AOSP ROMS myself. Totally stock.

I would like to have a link to a root that will, for sure, work on this phone. Just in case I decide to go that direction.

[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.1 - Automatic Driver Installation! - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682) This one works perfectly for 2.3.5.

glshub
12-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Search zergrush. I used it yesterday. Scary easy. If u cant find pm me and ill locate for u. Super fast and easy!