PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse v2.0 for dx2

Adw12dx2
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
So you have probably heard about the new eclipse already but if not this is my latest insight. As we speak a friend of mine is testing eclipse v2.0 which is based on 2.3.5, should be done sometime tonight by what it sounds like. Ill post an update when I get one.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Adw12dx2
12-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Well Nitro just confirmed eclipse v2.0.1 is live so.....Go get it!
http://www.multiupload.com/KLDQBZKQP4

Adw12dx2
12-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Here's the new eclipse, You must be on the latest 2.3.5 build prior to flashing this due to no kernel being included Dock will force close on first use. Select "Clock" on first dock and it will default to it and no longer force close. Need to set this as default. Wiping Data is recommended You do not need to install previous versions first. Just flash the latest version. I pulled this info from xda this does not belong to me.
http://www.multiupload.com/KLDQBZKQP4
Here is a step by step guide on how to get this thing installed, thanks to juhde for making this guide.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/41531-guide-how-install-eclipse-2-0-1-a.html#post500036

Tweek900
12-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Sweet. If I'm rooted running eclipse 1.1 how do I get 2.3.5 update to run eclipse 2.0.1?

Adw12dx2
12-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Follow this link for 2.3.5,http://www.multiupload.com/0ZT7FTOW0R don't flash v2.0.1 over v1.1, you need to be on stock 2.3.4 first then flash 2.3.5 then v2.0.1...there is instructions to follow in both links I provided. Also flash at your own risk ill help where I can but as you know you are responsible for any damage you may do to your phone. Happy flashing :)

fezrock
12-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Threads merged in DX2 Roms.

Adw12dx2
12-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Thank you

Tweek900
12-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Darn I gotta go stock? Might wait for this then. What's special about 2.0.1??

Joepimp007
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Kind of new to all of these roms but just want to ask a clarification question before I upgrade. I am currently running eclipse v1.3. To upgrade to v2.0 I would have to load the 2.3.5 sbf then flash eclipse v2.0. correct? Or do I need to go back to stock 2.3.4 first?

Sent from my DROID X2

Adw12dx2
12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Sbf to stock 2.3.4 first then re-root using the root method in the link (can't remember which link it was in), flash 2.3.5, then flash v2.0.1....these instructions are being relayed to me from a friend who tested it for the dev more in detail instructions are in the links

MAKE SURE YOU DO A BACK UP PRIOR TO ANY FLASHING!

juhde
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm going to put together a step by step guide right now, I'll post back when it's up.

EDIT: Here is my step by step guide to installing Eclipse 2.0.1 (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/41531-guide-how-install-eclipse-2-0-1-a.html#post500036)

Feel free to add this link to the OP

Sent from my Android device.

Joepimp007
12-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the info and taking the time to make the guide.

Sent from my DROID X2

tshelby73
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know stability. Does it have data roaming and market links work ok.

juhde
12-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Data roaming is fine. Stability is ok so far, I've only been running it since 8 this morning. Market works fine.

Adw12dx2
12-14-2011, 06:01 PM
There's going to be v2.0.2 tonight but you can flash it over v2.0.1

Tweek900
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
So is this a full release then? Because I wanna know if I need to expect problems lol. If so I'm waiting till next week to flash

tshelby73
12-14-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm sure it does but does anyone know if this has the memory flip flop. I myself like to have it the stock config since onboard is faster than sd. On previous 1.3 I just flash the reverse flip before boot first boot.

Dark_Stone_XII
12-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I am currently running Eclipse v1.3 on Gingerbread 2.3.4, can I just download 2.3.5 to my Droid X2, flash it, download Eclipse v2.0.1 to phone, then flash the ROM to have it up and running or am I run and are there instructions to do so?

Adw12dx2
12-14-2011, 11:46 PM
You will need to sbf to completely stock unrooted gb 2.3.4 first. There step by step instructions on how to do so in this thread that juhde was kind enough to make. Just follow the link it provides everything you need.

[edit]: heres the link http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/41531-guide-how-install-eclipse-2-0-1-a.html#post500036

tshelby73
12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm having a problem with my wifi.it dissconnects after a little bit then reconnects. my router says it lost authentication. Been trying to download backstab but keeps disconnecting and starts all over. had this problem on 1.3 but set screen to not sleep and seemed to fix issue but this does not work on 2.0.2. Does anyone know of this issue, could it be 2.3.5. Any help would be great.

I have tried turning off all encryption and still does it.

juhde
12-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm having a problem with my wifi.it dissconnects after a little bit then reconnects. my router says it lost authentication. Been trying to download backstab but keeps disconnecting and starts all over. had this problem on 1.3 but set screen to not sleep and seemed to fix issue but this does not work on 2.0.2. Does anyone know of this issue, could it be 2.3.5. Any help would be great.

I have tried turning off all encryption and still does it.

First try setting wifi to never turn off. Settings> wireless & networks> wifi settings> press menu button> advanced> wifi sleep policy> never

Then try removing the router from remembered networks, reboot and re add.

Also what kind of encryption are you using? Checking the router for firmware updates is a good idea too. Wouldn't hurt to power cycle the router as well (turn it off and on).

A way to reduce the variables is to see if it happens on other wifi networks too.

Adw12dx2
12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Anybody that needs the link to v2.0.2 here it is
http://www.multiupload.com/AFVKKQYQ7Z

tshelby73
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I think the wifi problems are with 2.3.5 or I got a bad download or something. I went back to 1.3 and it works now. I pretty much tried everything under the sun on 2.0, I even turned encryption off all together. I have the latest firmware in router. Maybe their is a reason 2.3.5 is not official yet. The wifi does work just deauthenticates then re-establishes connection but on downloads that are wifi only it messes up download and has to restart.

juhde
12-15-2011, 09:52 PM
I think the wifi problems are with 2.3.5 or I got a bad download or something. I went back to 1.3 and it works now. I pretty much tried everything under the sun on 2.0, I even turned encryption off all together. I have the latest firmware in router. Maybe their is a reason 2.3.5 is not official yet. The wifi does work just deauthenticates then re-establishes connection but on downloads that are wifi only it messes up download and has to restart.

Wifi was broken in 2.0 that's why 2.0.1 was released right afterwards.

tshelby73
12-15-2011, 10:33 PM
I did upgrade all the way to 2.0.2

juhde
12-15-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't know what to tell you my wifi has been working fine since I flashed 2.0.1 this morning.

tshelby73
12-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't know what to tell you my wifi has been working fine since I flashed 2.0.1 this morning.

Do you have any games that download like 500mb wifi only. it will get about 100mb in then reset. It doesn't really do much if your surfing or small downloads since it comes right back on.

juhde
12-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Do you have any games that download like 500mb wifi only. it will get about 100mb in then reset. It doesn't really do much if your surfing or small downloads since it comes right back on.

Steamed a Netflix movie with no pauses. Able to download ROMs in the 130-50MB range no problem. I don't have anything I want on my phone that's 500MB so I can't really test that out for you.

tshelby73
12-16-2011, 08:07 AM
You notice any speed improvements. Just wondering if I should try making 2.0.2 work or stay with 1.3. I did like the lock screen play controls though.

eric eakin
12-16-2011, 01:41 PM
flashed 2.0.2last night, first rom on my x2since i got it in july, lets see how it goes...

juhde
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
You notice any speed improvements. Just wondering if I should try making 2.0.2 work or stay with 1.3. I did like the lock screen play controls though.

After only one day it's hard to say... I think there is little to zero lag now when before there was sometimes a little lag. Could just be me though.

Tweek900
12-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah I'm still on edge with this. The SBF is the only thing holding me back because I have 1.1 running very well

juhde
12-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah I'm still on edge with this. The SBF is the only thing holding me back because I have 1.1 running very well

Sooooo make a backup and try it. What's to lose? You'll just have to sbf 1 more time.

tshelby73
12-16-2011, 04:16 PM

Same here got 1.3 running good just the usual droids x2 problems with any rom. Gonna wait till 2.0 is tried and tru. Who know maybe ics will be out soon so he can work on that.

mgottloeb
12-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Just flashed the Eclipse rom and after downloading a few r=things from the market the market now says this app is not compatable(I know it is) How do you fix this?

eric eakin
12-17-2011, 09:34 AM
OK am I just missing it or are all the settings gone for gmail? Like folders to sync and notification ringtone...

OmidoStyle
12-18-2011, 11:30 AM
At first I was pretty excited for 2.0, but I can't bring myself to SBF and restore my phone, just for a kernal update, and some lock screen controls. I'm gonna hold off for a while.

Question though, does 2.0, or the 2.3.5 update have the battery fix included? (no more jumping battery % on reboots)

juhde
12-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Just flashed the Eclipse rom and after downloading a few r=things from the market the market now says this app is not compatable(I know it is) How do you fix this?

Which version did you flash and what version is your market?

juhde
12-18-2011, 01:12 PM
OK am I just missing it or are all the settings gone for gmail? Like folders to sync and notification ringtone...

It's all still there, your gmail probably got updated, the newer version has been out for awhile. Scroll all the way down to the bottom if the options and tap you account, there you can set labels to notify and toned etc..

juhde
12-18-2011, 01:13 PM
At first I was pretty excited for 2.0, but I can't bring myself to SBF and restore my phone, just for a kernal update, and some lock screen controls. I'm gonna hold off for a while.

Question though, does 2.0, or the 2.3.5 update have the battery fix included? (no more jumping battery % on reboots)

Pepperm1nt released a battery fix a while ago and eclipse 2+ has it built in.

eric eakin
12-19-2011, 10:59 AM
It's all still there, your gmail probably got updated, the newer version has been out for awhile. Scroll all the way down to the bottom if the options and tap you account, there you can set labels to notify and toned etc..

Just an update, no my settings weren't there. I had to uninstall gmail using tibu then reinstall gmail from the market. Now my settings are back :) - your post was helpful though, at least I knew from it they were supposed to be there haha!

BigDaddyGRiz
12-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Ok, so i have a question. sense i am running 2.0.1 and i just grabbed 2.0.2 , what is my install process for it?

Infantry667
12-21-2011, 02:00 AM
The install process will be the same as 2.0.1, flash it using CWM just make sure you select wipe data/factory reset in CWM first.

simonwjackson
12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
I just installed Eclipse 2.0.2 and cant seem to find any trace of the SIP stack (VOIP).

Does the eclipse ROM not include it?

juhde
12-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok, so i have a question. sense i am running 2.0.1 and i just grabbed 2.0.2 , what is my install process for it?

You can just flash 2.0.2 over 2.0.1 just wipe cache and dalvik cache first.

juhde
12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
I just installed Eclipse 2.0.2 and cant seem to find any trace of the SIP stack (VOIP).

Does the eclipse ROM not include it?

It's been so long since I've run stock I don't even remember what you're talking about lol. It was probably removed. But anything that was removed can be replaced by a market app pretty easily.

simonwjackson
12-21-2011, 12:30 PM
I found a thread explaining how to get it back:

[GUIDE] How to add native android SIP stack for Wifi AND 3G calls (full instructions) - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1109962)

simonwjackson
12-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Is it possible to hide the battery percentage number (status bar) in Eclipse?

I've looked through all of the settings and couldn't find anything :/

juhde
12-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Is it possible to hide the battery percentage number (status bar) in Eclipse?

I've looked through all of the settings and couldn't find anything :/

No, you'd have to re theme the battery icon to remove it.

Dark_Stone_XII
12-21-2011, 08:13 PM
I just installed the newest version of Eclipse (2.0.2) and I am having trouble with the dock and contacts, everytime i place the contact app in the dock it says application not installed but when i access it from my app drawer it runs fine and also i added all my contacts to my phone but they dont show up at all in the contact app, can i fix this and if not i am just gonna sbf back to 2.3.4

juhde
12-21-2011, 08:24 PM
I just installed the newest version of Eclipse (2.0.2) and I am having trouble with the dock and contacts, everytime i place the contact app in the dock it says application not installed but when i access it from my app drawer it runs fine and also i added all my contacts to my phone but they dont show up at all in the contact app, can i fix this and if not i am just gonna sbf back to 2.3.4

The "contacts" app isn't actually an app. It's a shortcut to the phone apps contacts tab.

Open up contacts and hit the menu button, check your settings, make sure you're synching with google. Also check the display options and make sure you're set up correctly there.

Edit: I just tried adding contacts to my dock and it worked fine. Not sure what your problem is there but I doubt it's eclipse. Maybe try a different launcher. Personally I like adw.

Adw12dx2
12-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Its a launcher issue only with the contacts icon. The issue was there on the previous version of eclipse as well. Just switch to another launcher like adw or adw ex and you should be fine.

Got ninja'd by juhde lol thanks

Arsonik
12-22-2011, 02:25 AM
So I have a potentially stupid question.

I don't suppose any of the themes from past versions would work on this update?
I loved the red themes that were released.

If not, I can just make my icons and etc blue until a compatible red theme is released. I'm obsessive for matching aesthetics.

juhde
12-22-2011, 02:51 AM
So I have a potentially stupid question.

I don't suppose any of the themes from past versions would work on this update?
I loved the red themes that were released.

If not, I can just make my icons and etc blue until a compatible red theme is released. I'm obsessive for matching aesthetics.

No, they won't work. If you flash them you'll boot loop.

What you can do tho is theme it yourself.

Make a nandroid backup first! Remember you can access bsr by plugging in from a power off state as long as the last time you ran bootstrap recovery you choose reboot recovery. So if something goes wrong you'll be able to restore.

Get ninjamorph and root explorer from the market. Download the theme you want. In root explorer go into the theme zip (without unzipping it, great feature) and unzip /system/framework/framework-res.apk and /system/app/systemui.apk. Then navigate to the extracted folder in your sdcard, both files should be there now. Unzip both apk files.

Now open ninjamorph, create new project, pick your current framework and systemui apks (the ones you're actually using now, not the theme ones we just unzipped. Once both are unpacked exit ninjamorph.

Open root explorer, go to the unzipped theme apks, inside each you'll find a folder called res, and in that you'll find drawable-hdpi. Each folder should contain nothing but pngs, copy all of them and paste them in the same folder of the unpacked current versions, you'll find them in /sdcard/androidthemes/workingfolder/"apk name"

Just copy each respective set of theme pngs and replace the ones in the Android theme working folder.

After you've copied both sets of pngs go back to ninjamorph and tap finish project, tap framework, then yes, yes, the last one should say delete your current project, say no. Then reboot.

After rebooting do the same with system ui. At the end of this one you'll get a force close loop. Just turn off the screen, turn it back on so you'll be at the lock screen, then hold power button and select reboot.

You just ported the theme (basically).

victimssun
12-22-2011, 09:02 AM
^ That's amazing.

juhde
12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
It's not perfect but you can get 95%ish of a theme going that isn't supported for your ROM.

Actually 95% is probably a bit high, because you themers like to theme apps too, this only covers the system stuff.

And it isn't completely universal but it works for most system themes.

Infantry667
12-22-2011, 12:49 PM

Honestly taking time and having all the trouble that goes along with trying to fix this is pointless, the Dialer shortcut takes you to the same "app" or program you'll just have to take one extra second by pressing the contacts tab in the program that the dialer shortcut takes you to instead of extra hours trying to fix it.

victimssun
12-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Honestly taking time and having all the trouble that goes along with trying to fix this is pointless, the Dialer shortcut takes you to the same "app" or program you'll just have to take one extra second by pressing the contacts tab in the program that the dialer shortcut takes you to instead of extra hours trying to fix it.

This sounds like that issue with Launcer2, assuming that's on this rom. Only way is to not include it in the dock, or use an alternative launcher, adw, launcherpro

Arsonik
12-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Dude you are a genius. I'm gonna test this out later. Hopefully in conjunction with launcherpro/droidicon and maybe the uot kitchen I can make everything all purtty :)
Thanks man

Arsonik
12-23-2011, 03:24 AM
No, they won't work. If you flash them you'll boot loop.

What you can do tho is theme it yourself.

Make a nandroid backup first! Remember you can access bsr by plugging in from a power off state as long as the last time you ran bootstrap recovery you choose reboot recovery. So if something goes wrong you'll be able to restore.

Get ninjamorph and root explorer from the market. Download the theme you want. In root explorer go into the theme zip (without unzipping it, great feature) and unzip /system/framework/framework-res.apk and /system/app/systemui.apk. Then navigate to the extracted folder in your sdcard, both files should be there now. Unzip both apk files.

Now open ninjamorph, create new project, pick your current framework and systemui apks (the ones you're actually using now, not the theme ones we just unzipped. Once both are unpacked exit ninjamorph.

Open root explorer, go to the unzipped theme apks, inside each you'll find a folder called res, and in that you'll find drawable-hdpi. Each folder should contain nothing but pngs, copy all of them and paste them in the same folder of the unpacked current versions, you'll find them in /sdcard/androidthemes/workingfolder/"apk name"

Just copy each respective set of theme pngs and replace the ones in the Android theme working folder.

After you've copied both sets of pngs go back to ninjamorph and tap finish project, tap framework, then yes, yes, the last one should say delete your current project, say no. Then reboot.

After rebooting do the same with system ui. At the end of this one you'll get a force close loop. Just turn off the screen, turn it back on so you'll be at the lock screen, then hold power button and select reboot.

You just ported the theme (basically).

So this whole method worked perfectly. With a few minor exceptions, being the pulldown power buttons, the keyboard and the loading bars. I could just use a third party keyboard and change the loading bars with the UOT kitchen (which I now understand does basically the same thing I just did), but I'm just curious if it is at all possible to port the stock keyboard and pulldown power switches from another theme as well?
If not it's really no big deal.
Thanks again for the detailed help

juhde
12-23-2011, 04:08 AM
So this whole method worked perfectly. With one minor exception being the keyboard and the loading bars. I could just use a third party keyboard and change the loading bars with the UOT kitchen (which I now understand does basically the same thing I just did), but I'm just curious if it is at all possible to port the stock keyboard from another theme as well?
If not it's really no big deal.
Thanks again for the detailed help

Look for the keyboard and latinime apks in /system/app/ and the latinime.so in /system/lib/ inside the theme zip. Unzip them, move then to your system folder in the proper places (app to app, lib to lib) and set the permissions after moving each file to rw-r--r-- and change owner and group to 0 - root.

Reboot and enjoy.

Arsonik
12-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Man where do you learn this stuff? lol

Arsonik
12-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Look for the keyboard and latinime apks in /system/app/ and the latinime.so in /system/lib/ inside the theme zip. Unzip them, move then to your system folder in the proper places (app to app, lib to lib) and set the permissions after moving each file to rw-r--r-- and change owner and group to 0 - root.

Reboot and enjoy.

I found the latininme apk but no keyboard apk or directory labeled "/system/lib" within the theme zip. The only things under system were app and framework.

juhde
12-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Man where do you learn this stuff? lol

I read a lot and I try stuff out to see if it works, no harm in experimenting.

I found the latininme apk but no keyboard apk or directory labeled "/system/lib" within the theme zip. The only things under system were app and framework.

Then just move that, set permissions & owner/group, reboot. Every theme is a little different so different files are modified, sometimes more files, sometimes less.

Infantry667
12-24-2011, 06:50 PM
No need to use the method judhe mentioned for themes, most of the themes such as poison green for older eclipse versions have been updated to work for 2.0.X and some new ones specifically for 2.0.X are available. They can all be found on XDA from the dev Kevin3328, he and hedwig34 made them them.

SBF'd (sent blazingly fast) from my Hulkified X2

juhde
12-24-2011, 06:58 PM
No need to use the method judhe mentioned for themes, most of the themes such as poison green for older eclipse versions have been updated to work for 2.0.X and some new ones specifically for 2.0.X are available. They can all be found on XDA from the dev Kevin3328, he and hedwig34 made them them.

SBF'd (sent blazingly fast) from my Hulkified X2

There are still many reasons to edit it yourself.

For example no theme I've seen uses the battery, signal or wifi icons I like.

chrisxman
12-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey NOBODY backtalks JUHDE.................just sayin

Infantry667
12-24-2011, 10:32 PM
How am I backtalking him, I'm just letting people know there are themes for 2.0.X now, I'm actually trying his method with a 2.0.X theme I flashed because there are a few things I wanna change. I've had help from him before, he's very experienced and helpful and I am not saying anything against him, I never did.... just sayin.

SBF'd (sent blazingly fast) from my Alienated X2

Infantry667
12-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Judhe, I don't like any of the icons that any themes use either, there are some in rom toolbox that come close but not close enough. I just flashed the Alien Glow theme and icons aside, it's amazing. The only thing I don't like is that the camera isn't themed.

juhde
12-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Judhe, I don't like any of the icons that any themes use either, there are some in rom toolbox that come close but not close enough. I just flashed the Alien Glow theme and icons aside, it's amazing. The only thing I don't like is that the camera isn't themed.

ROM toolbox is a great resource for finding new icons however, I find that many of the icon sets there are incomplete (no unconnected signal colors) and often they're named wrong (3g in icon being named out).

A good resource for complete stock icons is the Android sdk, for example I just downloaded the honeycomb system dump, pulled the framework and system ui apks from it and that's where I found my complete set of signal (1x, 3g, wifi, cdma) bars.

Another excellent resource is the UOT kitchen, you can actually create a compete custom icon set there.

Themeing something like the dialer apk can be done the same way with ninja morph, the problem lies in finding a dialer apk that's already themed or several to draw from that you like. Must of the time you'll only get 1 our 2 screenshots that show you what you'll get and that's if you can even find one you like.

The solution to this is to photo shop the existing pngs. Cant afford photo shop? Download Gimp, it's just as powerful as photo shop and it's totally free. A word of caution, don't try to edit .9.pngs or you'll mess up the apk. .9s are stretchable images and need special compiling. For more info on that google editing .9 png Android.

Also, this goes for everyone, don't download other peoples themes, NASA them together yourself and then try to publicly release it yourself. That's basically stealing. To truly create a theme with Photoshop and whatnot like the pros takes an incredibly long time. 30+ hours at least. So taking other peoples images and calling them your own us just bad forum. That's why I've never "released" "my" themes. Personal use is fine, just don't try to pass it off as your own work.

Cheers

kevin3328
12-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Just a heads up any theme I have made is on XDA themes and apps section in droid x2 section and are now compatible with eclipse 2.0 + ... this includes my blood red theme .. blue neon steel theme.. poison green was the basis for what became the alien glow theme and was made with Hedwig 34 ... if u r looking for some options

Infantry667
12-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Using Alien glow right now, its amazing, will you take suggestions?

kevin3328
12-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Of course the camera is already themed I saw u mentintoned that.. there's a few other things coming

Arsonik
12-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Well thank you all very much for your help, I got everything tweaked to exactly how I like it. You guys were a great help :)

juhde
12-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Well thank you all very much for your help, I got everything tweaked to exactly how I like it. You guys were a great help :)

Glad to hear it

rsneed73
12-27-2011, 07:28 PM
I am totally new to this. I want to back up my phone just like it was when I bought it. And then proceed to rooting it. Its of course a droid x2 version 2.3.4.

KyleQ
12-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Wow - I've been rocking the stock rom for quite some time now and this was my first switch on the DX2, I started messin with with roots and roms on the DX1. I'm LOVING Eclipse - wow, so much faster and sleeker then before, I feel like the response rate on the screen is much higher.

I freaked out a little at first as I would getting the Eclipse boot image loop - I hung my head and SBF'd again, applied the patch, rooted and tried it again. I had some hiccups the first time, but nothing that I thought would disturb the peace (didn't have files on SD card, didn't realize you ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE IT PLUGGED INTO THE WALL) and after that I'm golden.

KyleQ
12-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I am totally new to this. I want to back up my phone just like it was when I bought it. And then proceed to rooting it. Its of course a droid x2 version 2.3.4.

You will want Titanium backup - it will backup your apps and data. I swap sd cards when I ROM and SBF as well.

rsneed73
12-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Ok, so flash first then backup. Would i flash with MotorolaOneClickRoot? My phone came out with the 2.3.4 already..

Arsonik
12-29-2011, 02:06 AM
You can't back up your phone the same way everyone else does until you root it and install bootstrap recovery. First root it, then back up, then start flashing away.

You root it using the MotorolaOneClickRoot. All that will do is give your phone root access, which means you have full control of it. It doesn't change your phone or make it particularly better or worse. Everything will be exactly the same after the root exploit is finished, it won't change how it looks or the version or anything. You probably won't even be able to tell it's rooted at first.

To tell if it is in fact rooted, check your app drawer for an app called "superuser", which was installed through the MotorolaOneClickRoot. This app basically tells other apps what they can or can't do. Certain apps will "request root access" which just means they need to access system files, etc. This is usually harmless, but if any app requests root access and you don't recognize it, just hit deny.

After rooting, if you want to back up your phone and flash roms, you will need to have an alternate recovery. Recovery is a mode that your device usually enters when there's a problem with the operating system. But instead of using the recovery mode built into your phone, we install a different kind of recovery called bootstrap recovery (or BSR, bootstrap, or tenfars. another version of this is clockworkmod recovery or CWM) so that we can change system settings or install roms. You install this by finding the bootstrap recovery apk (andoid package, usually used to install apps) file on the forums somewhere, install it on your phone, open the app, press install recovery, then press recovery mode.

This puts you into recovery mode, which looks scary but is simple and easy to use. You'll use it a lot so get used to seeing it. It should be all black with green writing. You can highlight selections by using the volume buttons, and make a selection with the power button. Be careful what you press. Most irreversible actions give you plenty of warning though so you should be fine. Through recovery mode, you can back up your phone and create what is called a "nandroid backup", which makes your phone exactly how it was when you did the back up, no matter how badly you mess it up, just like magic. ALWAYS do a nandroid back up before you mess with anything drastic. You can also install zip files to your phone. Roms are always zip files.

If you ever mess up your phone (and you probably will, we all do it at some point), whether you put it into a boot loop, or just don't like the rom you flashed, you can always restore your nandroid backup. If you boot looped the only way to access recovery is to pull your battery out, put it back in, and without turning it on, plug it into a wall charger. Then just restore and everything should be good.

A rom is an alternative operating system that you "flash" (install) through recovery. There are hundreds of different roms to choose from, as long as you pay attention to the device they are built for. Unfortunately, there aren't as many for the DX2 but there's definitely enough to satisfy your needs. Most roms have certain helpful tweaks added in that make things a lot easier. For instance, my favorite is Nitro's Eclipse 2.0.2. It runs smooth, has a reallocated memory kernel, and has certain aesthetic tweaks that I enjoy, like the power controls in the pull down notification screen. Usually when you install a rom in recovery, you have to "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition". This sounds scary but it's pretty simple. It cleans your phone out to make room for the new rom. It will delete all your apps and data, so I suggest finding an app called "Titanium Backup" on the market before doing that so you can restore all your apps/data quickly, and as I mentioned, ALWAYS do a nandroid backup.

Did I miss anything?

rsneed73
12-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Ok, so i would root first, install the bootstrap, install TB or some kind of root backup.. Then i can flash with eclipse and also the leaked 2.3.5. My phone came out with the 2.3.4. Could i use MyBackup Root. I know i will have to install root explorer and ROM manager right.

I think i about to understand this.. I rooted a vortex and didn't care if i bricked cause it was free. Now this one costed me and so did my iPhones and i am going to stay away from them right now.. Its one phone at a time and want to get it right.

thibaulb
12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Ok, so i would root first, install the bootstrap, install TB or some kind of root backup.. Then i can flash with eclipse and also the leaked 2.3.5. My phone came out with the 2.3.4. Could i use MyBackup Root. I know i will have to install root explorer and ROM manager right.

I think i about to understand this.. I rooted a vortex and didn't care if i bricked cause it was free. Now this one costed me and so did my iPhones and i am going to stay away from them right now.. Its one phone at a time and want to get it right.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/41531-guide-how-install-eclipse-2-0-1-a.html#post500036

The link above explains everything on how to install eclipse. And even if you do mess up and brick your phone somehow, you can always sbf back to stock using RSD lite (which you will have to download to install 2.3.5 anyway)

Arsonik
12-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Yeah if you brick it, you can save it. If that happens just hit me up and I'll walk you through it on chat or something.

Infantry667
12-30-2011, 08:25 PM
What kind of battery life is everybody getting with eclipse 2.0.2? I'm using it with alien glow theme installed and even after calibrating battery, using setcpu profiles for screen off and running battery repair several times, after two weeks my battery is still dropping like a rock, I get a max of 8 hours out of mine with minimal use. First thing this morning I unplugged it and within twenty minutes of doing nothing but maybe a minute or two of browsing my forum apps and the screen being off with a setcpu screen off profile set to 216 min 216 max which is the absolute lowest it can go it dropped to 89%!! I think my battery is bad because I've never seen that kind of drop before on this or any other android phone I've had.

juhde
12-30-2011, 08:29 PM
5 to 28 hours depending on usage. No scripts, no cpu apps, no power apps, just a few build prop tweaks.

Infantry667
12-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Damn judhe that's a large spectrum lol I used power tutor to monitor actual battery usage by each element and my display is showing the most voltage use although my cpu does use a bit and as far as apps there really aren't any that suck up a lot of use, I run this thing with the same scripts etc. that I always have with other ROMs but all of the sudden it started, this thing dies faster than it charges, literally!

juhde
12-30-2011, 09:18 PM
5 hours = screen always on

28 hours = screen rarely (never) on

SickNic
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
So I've SFB'd to 2.3.4, updated to 2.3.5, installed eclipse 2.0.2, added alien glow theme, all according to the guides on these forums (plus, I've messed around with roms for a while now). Everything seems to be going great, except for the fact that my camera app is missing. Anyone else experience this? Anyone have solutions? When I click on gallery and touch the camera icon, gallery is force-closed.

Thanks

juhde
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
So I've SFB'd to 2.3.4, updated to 2.3.5, installed eclipse 2.0.2, added alien glow theme, all according to the guides on these forums (plus, I've messed around with roms for a while now). Everything seems to be going great, except for the fact that my camera app is missing. Anyone else experience this? Anyone have solutions? When I click on gallery and touch the camera icon, gallery is force-closed.

Thanks

The camera app is included in eclipse.

ravinaziankid
01-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I recently updated from Liberty 2.3.4 to eclipse 2.3.5.

I noticed this ROM lags(already installed speedy, v6 and mash 2.3.5) and that the internal memory is actually going by my external SD card and the Ext-SD is actually what used to be my internal memory. Anyone know how to fix this and make it back to normal? Thanks.

01chevy
01-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Anybody that needs the link to v2.0.2 here it is
http://www.multiupload.com/AFVKKQYQ7Z

Hi Adw12x2:

I'm new to the forums, and to the DX2 but, so far, I'm lovin' it! This is one AWESOME phone!!
Do you know if the above link is still good? I'm on 2.01 and wanting to bump up to 2.02 (assuming that's the latest version?), but I'm not having much link connecting to the site either @ home or @ work on 2-3 different dates/times...from my phone, laptop, or my desktop.

Checked thru the threads to see if it might be posted on another mirror, but couldn't find any, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
(I also went to sleep, & had a dream that SOPA & PIPA passed...but then I woke up & realized it was just a nightmare!) :omg:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Adw12dx2
01-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Lol I just checked it from my phone and it seems to still be working. As far as a later version than 2.0.2 there's not one at least not that im aware of anyway.

01chevy
01-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Hey all..
Okay, I was finally able to get 2.0.2 off the multiupload site & I flashed it about 12 hrs. ago.
I already had 2.0.1 running/tweaked so, like judhe mentioned in an earlier post...you don't have to wipe data/factory reset. All I did was wipe cache, wipe dalvik and install 2.0.2 on top of 2.0.1.

Instead of using contacts shortcut in home screen, I just replaced it with the default (phone) app...which takes me to contacts anyways.

I've rebooted around 5-8 times throughout the day so far...downloaded videos, streamed a Netfix movie, and played hi-def FPI games using my HDMI port and a 15' cable on my big screen...all w/o any issues.

Meanwhile, I also flashed my EVO4G last night to the latest version of their ice cream sandwich 4.03b2 release....though I'm not dissing Eclipse at all...I can't wait for a similar ice cream release becomes available for this phone.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for all their talent & hard work!

rsneed73
01-22-2012, 04:36 PM
How do i download the new eclipse v2.0.1? "This domain name associated with the website Megaupload.com has been seized pursuant to an order issued by a U.S. District Court.

rsneed73
01-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Never mind i found a way....

eric eakin
02-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Has anyone successfully tethered and shared internet via Bluetooth to a macbook or mac related computer with this rom? (I am currently on 2.0.3)

i was trying for the last several days now, I can pair, connect but no internet.... i dont know if theres some tweak i need to do in the settings or what.

when I had my X it worked first time i set it up, but now it seems no matter what i do there is NO internet! Can anyone help?!

DX2Trip
02-06-2012, 10:07 PM
BIG problems here. Was running stock 2.3.4. flashed the 2.3.5 update to flash the latest eclipse 2.0.3. Had a little issue with the saving name as update.zip. (ended up coming up update.zip.zip) but it did flash and update it to 2.3.5. So I couldnt flash the bootstrap through "android recovery" and flash though SD as I did for 2.3.5. So I searched in the phone and ended up finding the Bootstrap recovery in my files and was able to install it and it rebooted the phone. I had then proceeded to go back into "android recovery" and flashing the Eclipse 2.0.3 in the Root folder and I kept getting an "aborting update" error so the only thing I could do is reboot system each time. I am stuck in a sticky situation and would truely appreciate any help I can get from anyone. Thanks. BTW I DO have the System Recovery and Superuser Apps. So I have NO idea what I am missing here. PLEASE let me know A.S.A.P. Thanks again!:disappointed:

victimssun
02-07-2012, 07:43 AM
So you're currently on stock 2.3.5? You could try and d/l the file again. Make sure you're getting it right from nitro HERE (http://www.eclipserom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11&p=11#p11) . Let us know if that doesn't take care of it

DX2Trip
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
So you're currently on stock 2.3.5? You could try and d/l the file again. Make sure you're getting it right from nitro HERE (http://www.eclipserom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11&p=11#p11) . Let us know if that doesn't take care of it

So I pulled a total noob mistake. When I was strating up the bootstrap I was pluging my phone into the Laptop instead of a WALL CHARGER! lol. My confusion was that I thought the Eclipse ROM was flashed through "Android Recovery" Not the bootstrap. But once plugged into the wall and no reboots, I was able to navigate to update the Eclipse ROM. Now running 2.0.3 and loving it. Only prob I have so far is getting my contacts back since Backup Assistance was removed in this ROM. No Titanium backup here (too poor. lol.) And theres no status widget or social network widget. Nothing GO Launcher EX can't fix I guess though right? Thanks to the DEV for this ROM. Beautiful. OH OH OH one more thing, anyone else notice that in settings and go to call settings the background is white, also with the battery settings background. Not too big a deal just thought Id point it out. Hopefully 2.0.4 comes soon. First time rooter after many months of research and I am VERY proud of myself and thankful for all these forum sites and all the helpful members on them. THANKS AGAIN ALL! ENJOYING MY DX2 RUNNING ECLIPSE!

victimssun
02-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Awesome man, good work. Uh. You can grab an app from the market called Appextractor. If you did a nandroid before you installed Eclipse, it can look this rom, at system files, then find anything you're missing (backup assistant, social network widget, etc)

edit: haha, dude 2.0.4 JUST came out HERE (http://eclipserom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11&p=11#p11)

DX2Trip
02-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Awesome, will check into that app very soon. Thanks for the info. And thats INSANE 2.0.4 is already here! Good find man, thanks again. Checking it out later when I get back home to the laptop. You install it yet?

Sent from my DROID X2 running Eclipse v2.0.3 soon v2.0.4...

victimssun
02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
I have not. I haven't switched off of cm7 yet, it's pretty solid. Maybe someday soon.

DX2Trip
02-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Yeah I was thinking of CM7 myself but Eclipse seems smooth for now. Got 2.0.4 up and running right now. Not much more of a difference but either way, I'm diggin it. Thanks again bro.

Sent from my DROID X2 running Eclipse v2.0.4

thibaulb
02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Just updated to v2.0.4 last night. Totally loving it but I have come across one issue...At the lock screen right under the time it says "charging (96%)" even though it is not charging anymore. Anyone else seeing this? I calibrated the battery this morning, not sure if that has anything to do with it

thibaulb
02-10-2012, 05:55 PM
It went away, was pretty weird though

OmidoStyle
02-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Is anyone else having issues with the lock screen slider? The transparency is not working, it turns into a white bar when I'm sliding it. On 2.04.

DX2Trip
02-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Hmmm I believe thats just the animation for that lockscreen. I use the rotary lock option in the Eclipse Parts. Looks much better. Reminds me of a revolver barrel lol.

Sent from my DROID X2 running Eclipse v2.0.4

hellguy
02-17-2012, 08:55 PM
OK, I cannot find the download for 2.3.5. I cannot get Eclipse either. Does anyone have the links to them? Multi-upload is apparently down. Also, does it REALLY matter if I am on 2.3.5? What would it hurt to flash eclipse from 2.3.4?

victimssun
02-18-2012, 12:53 PM
http://eclipserom.com/mods/click.php?id=62

This is the file you should be downloading. It has been mentioned that people were able to flash this over 2.3.4. Thats not a normal thing to do, but may work.

Sent from my MB870 using Droid X Forums

NWKENT
02-27-2012, 10:21 AM
There are at least (8) eight themes out for Eclipse 2.0.4

I have loaded all of them..and love them all..

kevinv
02-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Just so everyone knows Nitro releases eclipse 2.1 last night and its awesome, new look a few new features and alot more stable than 2.0.4