PDA

View Full Version : Please Help. Wireless Tether/3G hotpot issue

Scorp6
12-13-2011, 11:53 AM
After SBF'ing to FroYo in order to regain root permissions on GB Wireless Tether is now also starting up the native 3G Hotspot app and prompting the Verizon hotspot subscription website. Any fixes for this? The only topics I've found on the subject were outdated and no longer worked. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
12-13-2011, 12:19 PM
So your on froyo using gingerbread wireless tether... Correct?
You can just download barnacle or wireless tether from google

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Scorp6
12-13-2011, 12:27 PM
No I had to SBF back to Froyo first in order to get rid of the Superuser apk from a previous root. I then updated to GB and am trying to run GB wireless tether in GB and running into the issue. Sorry for the mistake, hope I cleared up the confusion.

savagerun
12-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Are you using the tether patch? http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html

Scorp6
12-13-2011, 01:03 PM
I haven't so thank you! However, the zip file won't download so I will have to do it when I get home from work on my pc.

savagerun
12-13-2011, 01:07 PM
That's odd it won't download to your phone. Did you try using Dolphin hd browser to download with? Its free in the market. Sometimes the stock browser doesn't work well with downloading things.

Scorp6
12-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Worked marvelously! Thank you and I have already applied the patch. Thanks again!

savagerun
12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Worked marvelously! Thank you and I have already applied the patch. Thanks again!

Glad you got it. Your welcome