PDA

View Full Version : Want GB rom that can tether using wifi tether and have good battery life

pheonix991
12-12-2011, 07:10 AM
I've been out of the GB rom scene since august. All I've been doing is hating the battery life on CM7 nightly builds with froyo kernel.

So, here is what I do on my phone, text, use navigation, use camera, use browser, wifi tether(non verizon app), stream music, oh, and make calls.

Anyone wanna give me suggestions on a GB rom that has good battery life, and can do wifi tether? Or am I stuck having to go back to froyo?

milski65
12-12-2011, 07:17 AM
I've been out of the GB rom scene since august. All I've been doing is hating the battery life on CM7 nightly builds with froyo kernel.

So, here is what I do on my phone, text, use navigation, use camera, use browser, wifi tether(non verizon app), stream music, oh, and make calls.

Anyone wanna give me suggestions on a GB rom that has good battery life, and can do wifi tether? Or am I stuck having to go back to froyo?

As many will probably post, vortex rc1. Just need the wifi beta 3.1 version 6 or 7 apk (others may work as well). Completely reliable rom, great battery life (do calibrate). Think you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pheonix991
12-12-2011, 07:24 AM
As many will probably post, vortex rc1. Just need the wifi beta 3.1 version 6 or 7 apk (others may work as well). Completely reliable rom, great battery life (do calibrate). Think you'll enjoy it.

Since it's a 605 based rom, and I'm on froyo kernel cm7, so I switch to an OTA 605, or is there a rooted one that I flash over what I have now?

Then how about the .13p radio? When do I flash it?

Thanks for the help.

savagerun
12-12-2011, 08:05 AM
You can flash the 13 baseband now if you want. Boot into clockwork recovery and flash this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11695745/DXC%20Baseband%20Updater%201.09.13P.zip. You can flash that baseband zip without doing any wipes. You can then do an sbf to get you on. 602 just do the 1KDS 602 iso found here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html. And after the sbf you can take the OTA to get you on 605 then just root that with the d3 one click root also found in the link. There's videos in that link to show you how to sbf and root. Once rooted get droid 2 bootstrap and make a nandroid backup of your rooted 605 then install vortex.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

pheonix991
12-12-2011, 08:11 AM
You can flash the 13 baseband now if you want. Boot into clockwork recovery and flash this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11695745/DXC Baseband Updater 1.09.13P.zip. You can flash that baseband zip without doing any wipes. You can then do an sbf to get you on. 602 just do the 1KDS 602 iso found here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html. And after the sbf you can take the OTA to get you on 605 then just root that with the d3 one click root also found in the link. There's videos in that link to show you how to sbf and root. Once rooted get droid 2 bootstrap and make a nandroid backup of your rooted 605 then install vortex.

AWESOME! You've helped a ton.

pheonix991
12-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Vortex is exactly what I wanted. I've had it off the charger since 8am yesterday, it's almost 1030am now, and only at 50% battery life. THANKS!

milski65
12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Vortex is exactly what I wanted. I've had it off the charger since 8am yesterday, it's almost 1030am now, and only at 50% battery life. THANKS!

Glad you got it up and running. Savage did an awesome job with the instructs.

lukethouin
12-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Miui 1.10.28

DirtyDroid
12-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Miui 1.10.28

True but also uses ad-hoc connection must be able to connect, some cant

peon883
12-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Wow I am running vortex and have a trident extended battery and only get 10 hours of use from a charge

milski65
12-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Wow I am running vortex and have a trident extended battery and only get 10 hours of use from a charge

Something is up. I get more on standard battery. Did you calibrate it? Adjust brightness? Too much syncing going on?

peon883
12-18-2011, 10:57 AM
My battery is on performance mode and I did calibrate my battery and its set to auto brightness ..... this battery is no better then my original one and the company told me it needed calibrated but I wasn't rooted at the time so I couldn't... think its just a crappy battery

milski65
12-18-2011, 11:12 AM
My battery is on performance mode and I did calibrate my battery and its set to auto brightness ..... this battery is no better then my original one and the company told me it needed calibrated but I wasn't rooted at the time so I couldn't... think its just a crappy battery

You might be right. I get 15 hours mod usage standard battery. 2 hours/day total screen time. You may want to consider killing auto brightness and set it at 30-35%.