PDA

View Full Version : ROM toolbox

chrisxman
12-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Just wondering if the liberty rom can be downloaded straight from the toolbox? ihave the paid ver. and can change the boot animation not sure about the rom tho.:crazy:

vwbajakid
12-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Yes.

Sent from my DROIDX on another new ROM.

chrisxman
12-12-2011, 12:41 AM
could you please elaborate. this is my first rom . Dont want jack up anything. any help would be appreciated. Thx

Whatuseekisfire
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
could you please elaborate. this is my first rom . Dont want jack up anything. any help would be appreciated. Thx

If your on 2.3.3 and on a .602 or .605 build im sure you can flash Liberty ROM with no problem...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

vwbajakid
12-12-2011, 01:01 AM

Go into rom manager and download the latest liberty 3. Once downloaded you will see a happy face next to the rom. Select the rom, click install and check wipe data, cache and delv. cache, then OK.

Nine Four One
12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Perfect thread lol now i dont have to make one. Now what if your ok an on thr 2.3.3 an on apex Like iam an would like to try liberty? Can i just do it the same? Or what about the cyanogenmod rom, id really like to try that one. But hear you have to drop back to a lower system or something. Does doing it through rom toolbox take care of that all in one shot?

Edit i see it says nightlights cm7 is that an add on or a one shot download. An what are some of these other ones like superuser? An the 4 liberty roms. I take it you would just want the current one not an older one?

Sorry for the hijack an for all the questions iam just a noob as well

vwbajakid
12-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Perfect thread lol now i dont have to make one. Now what if your ok an on thr 2.3.3 an on apex Like iam an would like to try liberty? Can i just do it the same? Or what about the cyanogenmod rom, id really like to try that one. But hear you have to drop back to a lower system or something. Does doing it through rom toolbox take care of that all in one shot?

Edit i see it says nightlights cm7 is that an add on or a one shot download. An what are some of these other ones like superuser? An the 4 liberty roms. I take it you would just want the current one not an older one?

Sorry for the hijack an for all the questions iam just a noob as well

You can run rom toolbox from almost any rom except 2init roms such as cm7 and miui.

You can flash all the roms offered. Even the latest Revnumbers cm7.

If it's not Revnumbers it is based of of froyo and that's what they mean about going to the older version or "lower system". That is done through an sbf not rom toolbox.

As for the 4 libertys, you would probably want to download the most recent one.

Now all the other download options, your best bet would be to search the forum for those topics and they will be able to explain it way better then I ever could.

chrisxman
12-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Just to be clear this is for X2 not the X right. I have the X2 running 2.3.4 build 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30, system ver.1.3.380.MB870. Just want to try a new ROM. Seams to be the easiest way to just flash it thru the ROM toolbox and of course wipe data/cache and dev. RIGHT ????????????

Adw12dx2
12-13-2011, 03:46 AM
Maybe this will help. Here's how I did my first rom..be in mind that im running gb 2.3.4 and im not running liberty im using eclipse v1.3.....first I made a nandroid backup, then downloaded eclipse from rootzwiki, booted into recovery using dx2 bootstrap, wiped data/factory reset, install zip from sd card, then reboot...worked perfectly for me, just make sure you are plugged up to a wall outlet and have at least 90% charge before hand.
Also to be clear there are many more ppl on this forum that know alot more than me. Im simply offering my basic knowledge of the topic and answering your question the best I can. Flash at your own risk.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

chrisxman
12-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Crazy question about the rom toolbox. Everyone says that the rom can be flashed through toolbox but when you get in the toolbox to download rom it says you have to install rom manager which everyone says is not compatible with the X2 CRAZY............

Adw12dx2
12-13-2011, 04:38 AM
hmm..i have rom manager on my x2 but ive never used it because the method i stated earlier is easy. anyway if you need some extra help feel free to hit me up on gtalk if you have it

03civicdx
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
From what I understand about the x2 is rom toolbox and rom manager wont work with the x2 because it uses clockwork recovery. Which we do not have.

chrisxman
12-15-2011, 04:40 AM
Just to confirm you can download the rom from the toolbox but you have to install it thru system recovery. The toolbox has to use ROM manager to install and that app does not support the x2.

Adw12dx2
12-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Nice...awesome info there

jimcaz
12-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I would download it to ur computer then transfer it to ur phone then go into recovery and unzip it

chrisxman
12-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Well its done i had to download from the toolbox the go into system recovery but it was not under install from sd card actually had to go into /rom toolbox to install. i have liberty up and running seems to be an ok rom but a lil glitchy. im still new to all this so getting all my apps and contacts back was kinda tough but used titanium and all seems to be good. just a question tho is the rom suppose to get better or worse over time?????? and i cant seem to get my paid apps back any thought.