PDA

View Full Version : Charging dock questions

OcalaFlGuy
12-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Are there any that don't actually plug into the USB plug per se? Especially any like that where you can also
charge a spare battery at the same time?

(Sorry if that's a stupid question, I just don't know jack about the docks. <obviously, eh? :p>)

The reviews for the X's Powermat don't sound very good on-line. Is anyone using it and did they get it all
ironed out?

I have decided the USB port is a weak link and if possible I want to limit the times it's plugged into.

Thank you in advance,

Bruce in Ocala, FL

juhde
12-11-2011, 07:59 PM
If you don't want to plug your phone in the only other option is a external battery charger and an extra battery.

Sent from my Android device.

Nemo aeternamn
12-11-2011, 08:24 PM
As juhde said... Your only option is a second battery with a specific battery charger for it...
I have a dock with a spare charger... And I have no problems with it... I just put my phone on... The extra battery in the slot... And I'm good to go... Bit I don't see the USB port on the x as a weak link... I've had it mess up on other phones... But it's solid...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

DroidXSkywalker
02-15-2012, 02:15 PM
My charge port is also weak, so I prefer to use my Motorola dock when I c charge my X. I take my dock everywhere I go

It's Droidlynn & X, so have a Droid-X-tastic day in a world that doesn't, cuz Droid Does, and iPhone doesn't