PDA

View Full Version : Can I check to see if I'm still rooted?

Waldo615
12-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi y'all, I rooted my Dx2 over a year ago. Other than using it mostly for wi-fi conections I hardly use it (that I know of) I still have the su app, but I don't know if I'm still rooted.
I had some connectability issues with my wi-fi and went to the local verizon store to get help thinking it was a tower or something. The clerk took my phone to connect it to my pc and called his tech guys. After awhile he starts going thru the apps on my phone, when I got it back I noticed that there was an app mgr. that was deleted.
Could the clerk have changed my settings or deleted something.
I ask this because when I got home I notice three text msg from verizon on data usage.

BHuber09
12-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Get root checker app, let the aol run and it'll tell you. But since you have the su app I bet you do.

FreeMyMoto!!!

savagerun
12-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Get root checker app from the market
Ninja'd.. Im slow tonight
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Waldo615
12-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Ok thanks, I'll try it. Is there anything I should check or do to help "safe guard" my phone?

silver04v
12-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Ok thanks, I'll try it. Is there anything I should check or do to help "safe guard" my phone? what do you mean safe guard? What are you looking to do? Also Im surprised that verizon didnt call you out on being rooted. They dont like that.

Waldo615
12-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Well thanks, as it turns out I'm not rooted any hints on where to go from here?

Waldo615
12-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Well I haven't been notified yet this just happened about a week ago.

adamwhitehead
12-10-2011, 08:17 PM
what do you mean safe guard? What are you looking to do? Also Im surprised that verizon didnt call you out on being rooted. They dont like that.
lol
I rooted my Verizon techs bionic Tuesday cause he wanted to tether... its good being the go to root Guy in your city.

And to waldon are you wanting to root your phone?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

juhde
12-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Well thanks, as it turns out I'm not rooted any hints on where to go from here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1321582

Sent from my Android device.