PDA

View Full Version : Blur home apk?

eppdroid37
12-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Is there any way I can use the blur launcher and rss news widget with liquid 3.2 ? And can any one point me to some links to these?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

dj923
12-10-2011, 10:25 AM
U can't on any 2nd init rom

eppdroid37
12-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Wow. That stinks.

MadCutter
12-21-2011, 09:43 PM
You can on vortex though. If you open rom zip with winrar. Then go to system/app/ and delete golauncher apk, and launcher 2 apk. Then flash rom.It should revert to stock GB launcher. I did it on accident. I stuff adw ex launcher in most roms I flash and I deleted the other 2 launchers in the rom and forgot to drag adw in. Flashed and I had the stock GB Launcher. Took me a min to realized what happened. I took a peek in vortex zip and seen what I had done, but I kinda liked it so I left it for a couple of days.

3club
01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
You can on vortex though. If you open rom zip with winrar. Then go to system/app/ and delete golauncher apk, and launcher 2 apk. Then flash rom.It should revert to stock GB launcher. I did it on accident. I stuff adw ex launcher in most roms I flash and I deleted the other 2 launchers in the rom and forgot to drag adw in. Flashed and I had the stock GB Launcher. Took me a min to realized what happened. I took a peek in vortex zip and seen what I had done, but I kinda liked it so I left it for a couple of days.
Hey there MadCutter! I stumbled upon your post, and it got me to thinking. I don't really understand what a "rom" is. In the case of a 2nd-init, I think it's the whole operating system, because you can mount and format system partition before installing. But in the case of a non-2nd-init, like vortex, is it really just a set of deletions and additions to the stock rom? So could you accomplish the same thing by just manually removing the bloat, and adding things like ADW?

I'm still learning, even after owning my X for a year now!

mapatton82
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Hey there MadCutter! I stumbled upon your post, and it got me to thinking. I don't really understand what a "rom" is. In the case of a 2nd-init, I think it's the whole operating system, because you can mount and format system partition before installing. But in the case of a non-2nd-init, like vortex, is it really just a set of deletions and additions to the stock rom? So could you accomplish the same thing by just manually removing the bloat, and adding things like ADW?

I'm still learning, even after owning my X for a year now!

Yes and no. Vortex is built off the stock ROM but it has tweaks to systems files to improve performance and other visual changes and add-ins (like notification toggles and etc.) You could take the stock ROM and remove the bloat and add ADW but you would not have the tweaks that some Stock-based ROMS have to increase performance.

DroidXFanatic
02-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Exactly what ^^^^^^^ he said. These are some of the tweaks and changes that stock doesn't have and make a huge difference with performance and battery life.

DROIDX running VorteX & DROID Junk Tools

3club
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Cool, thanks. Some of those things in your screenshot are beyond my current comprehension, but that's why I'm not a dev! :-D I felt pretty good when I figured out how to remove the new gmail and gmaps and install the old versions! lol

Well, I'm just finishing up with MIUI, downloaded the latest, some pros and some cons. I'm looking forward to trying Vortex next, maybe this afternoon. It's a slow day. :-)

DroidXFanatic
02-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Cool, thanks. Some of those things in your screenshot are beyond my current comprehension, but that's why I'm not a dev! :-D I felt pretty good when I figured out how to remove the new gmail and gmaps and install the old versions! lol

Well, I'm just finishing up with MIUI, downloaded the latest, some pros and some cons. I'm looking forward to trying Vortex next, maybe this afternoon. It's a slow day. :-)

Very cool I think you will like VorteX, has just the right amount of customization and gets you through the day without any problems and worrying about battery life. Simple and trouble free. Also check out the DROID Junk Tools that goes along with this rom. Adds cool colors and customization to your notification bar.

DROIDX running VorteX & DROID Junk Tools