PDA

View Full Version : Boot Manager and MIUI???

silver04v
12-09-2011, 04:53 PM
So I know there are issues with this. I want to start getting into boot manager. I really like MIUI though and want to run it mainly. But enjoy the option to jump to new roms when they come out to check them out. Now is there any way to use Boot Manager and MIUI or is it a no go? Im using dxc's .21 miui.

Nemo aeternamn
12-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Boot manager should work great with that version of miui... So flash away

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

silver04v
12-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Oh, did not know that. Whats all the commotion about MIUI not working well with boot manager?

DirtyDroid
12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
The ics one doesn't play well with it as the phone rom...from whatvive heard...running 21 as phone myself no problems

write that down.....

silver04v
12-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Nice!
So next, Ive watch some vids on bootmanager, and it looks pretty simple. Only question I think is, if a rom fails to install when booting to it from a slot, what do you do? They say go to CWM. How do you get to CWM while on .21 miui as your phone rom? After I understand that, I think Im good to get my flash on.

Scram
12-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Dirtydroid is very right. Only the ics version is having problems with bootmanager. The issue is when you use the ics miui as your phone rom then flash to a slot rom and then back to ics miui a ton of fc's start happening. Works well with all earlier versions. Have fun, bootmanager is great...

shot out from DXC's MIUI 10.21... BOOM!!!

DirtyDroid
12-09-2011, 06:04 PM
You would just follow the instructions in the bm thread...bull the battery and volume down ..in recovery.....also one thing I learned ...have a full battery and lots of time...it is fun though and worth it :)

write that down.....

silver04v
12-09-2011, 06:10 PM
You would just follow the instructions in the bm thread...bull the battery and volume down ..in recovery.....also one thing I learned ...have a full battery and lots of time...it is fun though and worth it :)

write that down.....Thanks, I just found that thread. Lots of questions were answered. Time to go purchase boot manager.

popcenator
12-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Just make sure you disable logging in superuser. I think you have to download the one from the market to do that.

on the move..

DirtyDroid
12-09-2011, 06:22 PM
oh yeah and that ^^^^^^^ thanks pops

silver04v
12-09-2011, 06:29 PM
So even though Im on MIUI .21 with its built in SU, I should download superuser from the market? Then go into its settings and disable SU logging?

DirtyDroid
12-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah, it doesn't have the ability to turn off logging

Inverted Xparent

silver04v
12-09-2011, 06:47 PM
having both installed doesnt create any issues I assume?
is this another bug with MIUI being your phone rom or is it needed for all of them? I need to shut it off every time I load a new rom up?

DirtyDroid
12-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I've got em both installed.no problems here unless its on my end lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

silver04v
12-09-2011, 07:02 PM
alrighty, and my first boot manager roms are gonna be the new rubix, ssx2.2 and liberty 3 v 2.0
Thos all working ok with boot manager or anything I should know?

DirtyDroid
12-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Lol nope I got the same..+vortex.

Inverted Xparent

silver04v
12-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Well got rubix up and going on my first slot. Very cool stuff. Next one to set up, liberty.

taking miui for a spin

ems3
12-09-2011, 10:00 PM
We must have great taste. that's my setup too DirtyDroid

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ems3
12-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Dd I have the miui super user app and I cut the manage permissions off and works fine like that no need for a second su app

silver04v
12-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Dd I have the miui super user app and I cut the manage permissions off and works fine like that no need for a second su app

So just turning manage permissions off works? What happens odd you don't do this su stuff? Doesn't boot into roms?

taking miui for a spin

silver04v
12-09-2011, 10:06 PM
For those with liberty, do you install the su fix into the boot manager slot without wipes, or boot into recovery and install zip?

taking miui for a spin

edit: Meaning, do I install the zip in the slot without wipes before the first boot, or boot up liberty, shut down, turn on, recovery should come up? Then install zip from there? I read to do add ons and themes in the boot manager slots just without wipes.

ems3
12-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Apply without wipes anything done in cwm applies to phone ROM only and can boot loop you if you aren't careful

silver04v
12-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Apply without wipes anything done in cwm applies to phone ROM only and can boot loop you if you aren't careful

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums ok Great. And whats up with the SU app? You said I can get rid of the 2nd SU app? Just turn off the switch in MIUIs SU app? What doesnt work when not using the SU correctly.

ems3
12-09-2011, 10:17 PM
ok Great. And whats up with the SU app? You said I can get rid of the 2nd SU app? Just turn off the switch in MIUIs SU app? What doesnt work when not using the SU correctly.

I think boot manager force closes if the logging is still on...... Mine works fine the way I described above though

ems3
12-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Also remember with miui to boot into a slot ROM first you have to use terminal emulator (free in market) and type
Su(hit enter)
Cat.jpg(hit enter)
Then close terminal window and boot into slot.......

silver04v
12-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Also remember with miui to boot into a slot ROM first you have to use terminal emulator (free in market) and type
Su(hit enter)
Cat.jpg(hit enter)
Then close terminal window and boot into slot.......

Ill be keeping it my phone rom, so I dont think this is needed. Ive already gone back and forth.

ems3
12-09-2011, 10:32 PM
This leaves miui as phone ROM....what miui are you running? If it's from defyx up to ics miui you should have to do this otherwise it will just reboot into miui if you are on an older build prior to defy base this isn't needed

silver04v
12-09-2011, 10:33 PM
This leaves miui as phone ROM....what miui are you running? If it's from defyx up to ics miui you should have to do this otherwise it will just reboot into miui if you are on an older build prior to defy base this isn't needed

Im on .21 No issues.

DirtyDroid
12-09-2011, 10:48 PM

Oh nice good to hear....lol nice setup btw lolz

ems3
12-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Did you flash a zip to remove the DXC recovery option

ems3
12-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh nice good to hear....lol nice setup btw lolz

Glad to help......I like to be different and test things...thanks for the setup comment too lol

silver04v
12-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Did you flash a zip to remove the DXC recovery option

Nope

taking miui for a spin

stryker
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I've had some weird stuff happen to me using miui as my base rom. Im on 10.21. Its all good right now. I have rubix blurry installed into slot one. But a couple weeks ago I had liberty 3 in slot one, I booted back to miui to work on my theme and my internal memory was wiped like I just did an sbf. I remember that I did not turn off logging in super user. Don't know if thats what made thing get all bent up or not? Just wanted to share that. Its working good right now though.

=(.stryker.)=

silver04v
12-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Ok, little help please. I've got liberty up and going, half way through the setup my market wont dl anymore. Says cannot install to usb storage or sd card. Anyone know whats going on? It dl'd some apps at first.

The persuader
12-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Hello silver...

It has been mentioned by several members the Market for D-loading Apps is having issues...

Including me as well...their are no solutions that I'm aware of at this time...I saw Market 3.1.11 try it didn't work...Just have to wait I guess for Googles to resolve their Situation..

Its Bubba

Its Bubba

Ok, little help please. I've got liberty up and going, half way through the setup my market wont dl anymore. Says cannot install to usb storage or sd card. Anyone know whats going on? It dl'd some apps at first.

silver04v
12-10-2011, 02:36 PM
oh, ok, thanks Bubba ;)
I did boot into my phone rom and back into liberty, it seems like its working for now...

The persuader
12-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi Ho Silver...
Hey,I may be wrong with the Market Issue but what i've seens on some post...It seems when they downloaded the New Market Version something changed...

I do know from my experience...I have 2 G's Email addresses...one is my main account for Purchasing Apps...When I go to "My Apps" it doesnt Populate any of my apps...when I goto my Secondary account some are shown their and I can download...Its Weird...did all the Wipes no luck

Liberty is pretty Slick don't cha think...Apex is the Comp to this ROM...:wink:

Its Bubba

oh, ok, thanks Bubba ;)
I did boot into my phone rom and back into liberty, it seems like its working for now...

silver04v
12-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi Ho Silver...
Hey,I may be wrong with the Market Issue but what i've seens on some post...It seems when they downloaded the New Market Version something changed...

I do know from my experience...I have 2 G's Email addresses...one is my main account for Purchasing Apps...When I go to "My Apps" it doesnt Populate any of my apps...when I goto my Secondary account some are shown their and I can download...Its Weird...did all the Wipes no luck

Liberty is pretty Slick don't cha think...Apex is the Comp to this ROM...:wink:

Its Bubba Liberty is pretty nice. Its my first time on it ever. Never did get to it on froyo. Im having a hard time liking anything as much as MIUI though :/

silver04v
12-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Heres one, anyone got any tips on why if I open the gallery in liberty it says sd card not mounted. It also appears its not loading parts of the sd card after a reboot on liberty. Not sure if its a liberty thing or boot manager thing. If I go into camera, then i can browse my pics. also my file manager sees sd card, etc.

silver04v
12-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Heres one, anyone got any tips on why if I open the gallery in liberty it says sd card not mounted. It also appears its not loading parts of the sd card after a reboot on liberty. Not sure if its a liberty thing or boot manager thing. If I go into camera, then i can browse my pics. also my file manager sees sd card, etc.

So this happens only when on the rom and rebooting. If I come from phone rom it works well. No issues.

jtp755
12-18-2011, 07:50 PM
So this happens only when on the rom and rebooting. If I come from phone rom it works well. No issues.

Hmm...im not having any issues like that with Liberty in BM. I have Miui 1.12.9 as phone rom and Liberty is in slot 2. Ive actually been using it all day...
I was having a few odd issues yesterday and ended up removing the slot and reinstalling the zip after i verified the MD5.

silver04v
12-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Hmm...im not having any issues like that with Liberty in BM. I have Miui 1.12.9 as phone rom and Liberty is in slot 2. Ive actually been using it all day...
I was having a few odd issues yesterday and ended up removing the slot and reinstalling the zip after i verified the MD5.

This issue went away fore me I think.

taking miui for a spin

Gomerm
12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I have ICS Miui as my phone ROM. The only problem I've ran into is when ever I boot into phone ROM I have to fix permissions every time. Just been to lazy to swap it out for a different ROM.