PDA

View Full Version : Rom advice

pmbasehore
12-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I currently use VorteX 2.9. The main reason I chose VorteX is because it allows me to use the Blur camera--everything else Blur I could care less about.

Now I have a major decision to make, and I want some advice from people who've used other Roms--I got my wife a nice digital camera for Christmas (shh, don't tell her! :-) ) so I don't much need the Blur camera anymore. Since that was the only Blurry app I used, would it be better for me to switch to an AOSP rom instead of a Blurry rom? My biggest consideration now is battery life. I've heard people say that AOSP roms are better for battery life, but I've also heard that VorteX is the best. My battery life is OK at the moment (it lasts about a day with pretty heavy use), but would switching to an AOSP rom improve that?

I also use my GPS for navigation occasionally, but I haven't heard of much of a difference between Blur and AOSP in that regard. If there is a difference, please let me know.

I know that Roms are very subjective, but if I can get a sort of consensus as to whether or not I should switch to an AOSP or upgrade to VorteX RC1, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for all your advice!

popcenator
12-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Give Liberty 3 v2 a try, it's a very smooth ROM, and if you ever want the blur camera back, you have the option to install it. Otherwise, Vortex RC1 is another good option. Now that you don't need any blur, there is so much for you to try.

fezrock
12-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Give Liberty 3 v2 a try, it's a very smooth ROM, and if you ever want the blur camera back, you have the option to install it. Otherwise, Vortex RC1 is another good option. Now that you don't need any blur, there is so much for you to try.

Exactly! Liberty is a super rom, now that the team is together again. But feel free to try anything. You never know what you like until you try.