PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on MIUI

eppdroid37
12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Flashed MIUI rom for DX now I can't reboot into recovery. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Scram
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Which update did you flash??? Try holding power button, if clockwork recovery is there select it... If you are on a more recent update, reboot phone, when led flashes blue for a second or two hit volume down... Then select recovery.

Shot out by DXC's MIUI 10.21...

eppdroid37
12-08-2011, 08:17 PM

Rugman55
12-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Power off. Power on and when you see blue led press volume down and select latest recovery.

eppdroid37
12-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Back on good ole VorteX.

Scram
12-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Ah, Vortex. Very nice. Always have it on deck myself... glad to help:)

shot out from DXC's MIUI 10.21... BOOM!!!

zuzto
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi people... i just had this problem... im stuck in MIUI, but, after a lot of trays with bootstrap and rom manager, the MIUI dont show the leds in the Turn on, so, i cant get into recovery.
My phone turn on with the M of motorola, and stays there like.. 3 minutes, after begin the MIUI boot but without the leds... so, i want to change the ROM cause the camera just dont work ok, take pictures blur, i dont know why, so, please, somebody gimme a light here, what can i do? i dont care if the methos is not easy, i want to get out of MIUI.

Thanks in advance and excuse my poor english.

Goose306
05-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi people... i just had this problem... im stuck in MIUI, but, after a lot of trays with bootstrap and rom manager, the MIUI dont show the leds in the Turn on, so, i cant get into recovery.
My phone turn on with the M of motorola, and stays there like.. 3 minutes, after begin the MIUI boot but without the leds... so, i want to change the ROM cause the camera just dont work ok, take pictures blur, i dont know why, so, please, somebody gimme a light here, what can i do? i dont care if the methos is not easy, i want to get out of MIUI.

Thanks in advance and excuse my poor english.

If you've been using bootstrap you broke your recovery. Never use bootstrap on MIUI or any 2nd-init ROM as its breaks it. The recovery option is built-in.

What version of MIUI are you running? Some earlier versions didn't have the bootmenu built-in.

As far as the blurry pictures, its a known issue. Set the autofocus to Infinity and it should resolve it.

If you *did* use bootstrap and choose "Bootstrap Recovery" and you are on one of the latest versions you are probably not getting a blue LED due to the fact that the bootmenu is in the hijack.zip now. So you break recovery=you break bootmenu, generally. You may try going to ROM Manager, choosing to update CWM Recovery, then choose Droid X 2nd-init, and then choose either reboot recovery or the power-down menu. This may work, depending on which version you are on. If you are on a real old version (like from December) you may need to run the cat.jpg script. So, check your version and see.

zuzto
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
My MIUI version is
And yes, i used the bootstrap and the rom manager and rom box or something like that, so, i already broke the ini and the boot and i cant change themes either, so, i really messed up i think... so, please let me know how to fix it...

Thanks in advance.

zuzto
05-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi people...

Well... i fix the problem, i flash with a linux bootable disc with version 4.5.605 or something like that... but...

First, i update to 4.5.621, so i lost root... so... i flash with the linux disc boot... and then... ok... i got root... but...

why in the status still show mi phone number? my prl? my min? why is not like new?? im in mexico so... im in IUSACELL, this is a verizon phone... but... was running ok... working ok, but i update, so, i lost root, and then... bla bla...

Right now i dont have data, not calls, not sms, nothing... is just a nice pocket pc... but my min and phone number and PRL stills show in the status, why is that??

Thanks in advance.