PDA

View Full Version : Is there a master site for all Vortex Themes?

jcmeyer26
12-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I really want to go with Vortex for the BAT life, reliablity and support. The only problem is all of the themes including the stock one make me want to throw-up. I have been on MIUI for a while because it cured my flashalcoholisim but it has a few issues and recently no support what so ever. I hear vortex is the best performannce wise but I like things clean and simple on my X so is there a site to browse all of the vortex themes so we can see all the options?

milski65
12-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I really want to go with Vortex for the BAT life, reliablity and support. The only problem is all of the themes including the stock one make me want to throw-up. I have been on MIUI for a while because it cured my flashalcoholisim but it has a few issues and recently no support what so ever. I hear vortex is the best performannce wise but I like things clean and simple on my X so is there a site to browse all of the vortex themes so we can see all the options?

You can forget finding the theming options available to you on MIUI with any other rom. I'm running both. But unlike MIUI, there are no issues, battery life and overall dependability are stellar, and devortex is actively supporting.

csk415
12-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Edit .... I miss read your post.

jcmeyer26
12-07-2011, 07:26 PM
You can forget finding the theming options available to you on MIUI with any other rom. I'm running both. But unlike MIUI, there are no issues, battery life and overall dependability are stellar, and devortex is actively supporting.

I know nothing will allow me the options with MIUI and i might just go right back after running vortex for bit, if i can find a nice enough theme with vortex on the basic functions (dialer, SMS, Status bar, ETC) i will be able to work that on my own customization using LP, DV, and minimal TXT so I just wanted a list to sample for that base. Side Note: when you say you run both, how do you mean? "both"

csk415
12-07-2011, 07:27 PM
How about this. If you don't like the vortex status bar you can switch it to stock 605 bar. http://vortexrom.devortex.com/2011/11/24/droidjunk-mods/

Here's another
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/7527-theme-vortex-gingiblur-blue/

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

csk415
12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
I know nothing will allow me the options with MIUI and i might just go right back after running vortex for bit, if i can find a nice enough theme with vortex on the basic functions (dialer, SMS, Status bar, ETC) i will be able to work that on my own customization using LP, DV, and minimal TXT so I just wanted a list to sample for that base. Side Note: when you say you run both, how do you mean? "both"

Boot manager. You can run load 5 roms and switch between them.

jcmeyer26
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
How about this. If you don't like the vortex status bar you can switch it to stock 605 bar. DroidJunk Mods VorteX Rom (http://vortexrom.devortex.com/2011/11/24/droidjunk-mods/)

That will probably work for the stat bar, is boot manager the same thing as CW, chould you expand a little on how that works, and why do you run two, are you fickle like me or is there a advantage to this?

milski65
12-07-2011, 07:40 PM

I have 2 X's. Gives me additional options. My primary phone only runs vortex and dsx (no one laugh please, I just LOVE DSX). With a little work from what the people have posted above, and your expertise, you can get it pretty much any way you want. Might just take a bit more time. But I assure you you won't be disappointed.

jcmeyer26
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
We will see, the best part of MIUI was since it came out i have not strayed so its been months with the same ROM before i would be lucky to last two weeks and i hate loosing my TEXT threads and having to reload my apps, but hopefully I can find a home with Vortex like i did MIUI.

csk415
12-07-2011, 07:49 PM
That will probably work for the stat bar, is boot manager the same thing as CW, chould you expand a little on how that works, and why do you run two, are you fickle like me or is there a advantage to this?

Boot manager is a app. Go to this thread by wulf. He does a good job of explaining it. You can also use jrummys rom toolbox to change some of the status bar icons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid

csk415
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Also. Droidjunk ia working on updating his mod. When its done devortex will make it available for his rom. Hope its like the one he did for the bionic cause it is sweet as hell.

milski65
12-07-2011, 07:58 PM
We will see, the best part of MIUI was since it came out i have not strayed so its been months with the same ROM before i would be lucky to last two weeks and i hate loosing my TEXT threads and having to reload my apps, but hopefully I can find a home with Vortex like i did MIUI.

None of those issues with vortex. All I can say is after loading my brief experience with miui 21, you'll need to be a little flexible and open minded with vortex (or any other rom).

Whatuseekisfire
12-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Also. Droidjunk ia working on updating his mod. When its done devortex will make it available for his rom. Hope its like the one he did for the bionic cause it is sweet as hell.

I have droidjunk on my vortex right now..downloaded it last night...

csk415
12-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I have droidjunk on my vortex right now..downloaded it last night...

From devortex site?

Whatuseekisfire
12-07-2011, 09:02 PM
From devortex site?

Not sure where I got it from..I'm going crazy here looking for the link..but its here somewhere in the DroidX forums..

Whatuseekisfire
12-07-2011, 09:14 PM
From devortex site?

Whatuseekisfire
12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
From devortex site?

I found it..and I actually got the link from you..

csk415
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I found it..and I actually got the link from you..

Ok. Wasn't sure if you meant the current mod or a newer one. Thought I missed something somewhere. Don't keep up with twitter like I should and he's been posting some stuff that doesn't make it to the sites.

Whatuseekisfire
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Ok. Wasn't sure if you meant the current mod or a newer one. Thought I missed something somewhere. Don't keep up with twitter like I should and he's been posting some stuff that doesn't make it to the sites.

Oh really? I guess I should be following him than..lol..but right now that's the most current one right?

csk415
12-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes that's the most current one. I found it one day on twitter and looked all over the forums for it and couldn't find it. So I posted it. Probably the post you found. Definitely follow him on twitter. Good info. There was another pull down menu he did but only talked about it on twitter. Not sure of I posted that one. Here's the download link. Think only real change is the clear button was moved to bottom of pulldown.
http://t.co/u3iIeBzM

Whatuseekisfire
12-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes that's the most current one. I found it one day on twitter and looked all over the forums for it and couldn't find it. So I posted it. Probably the post you found. Definitely follow him on twitter. Good info. There was another pull down menu he did but only talked about it on twitter. Not sure of I posted that one.

Haven't seen that one..and what's his name on twitter?

csk415
12-07-2011, 09:49 PM
devVortex

Whatuseekisfire
12-07-2011, 09:54 PM
devVortex

Cool thanks....