PDA

View Full Version : Can I do "Data wipe/Factory reset"

wwwroot
12-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Can I use Clockwork recovery to do a data wipe/factory reset and restore my phone back to normal since I have gingerbread installed? Ive tried getting help for this problem but have had no real answer.

I lost access to ANY settings. Can't even change my ringtone. Can't use Bluetooth or wifi. Can't force close any programs that are acting up. Nothing. To change my wallpaper is a chore. I know some core system com isn't running because now I generally have 225mb of memory free where as I've only had 200 before.

I don't have a computer right now to flash back to stock so I'd like to try the wipe/reset but if that's gonna f things up more ill just wait till I get access to a computer and flash. I've at least got use of my phone to call/text and obviously browse the web. I don't wanna lose that and still have to wait.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ryant35
12-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Yes you can, with the phone off press home and power at the same time until the triangle comes up, then press both volume keys and select data wipe.

wwwroot
12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
The fact I have gingerbread installed doesn't change anything?? I do have the apex 2 beta installed also.

ryant35
12-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Nope. Data wipe just clears out your personal data and settings. It won't affect GB or your rom.

wwwroot
12-06-2011, 06:02 AM
So it probably wont help me then since my issue is not having any system settings.