PDA

View Full Version : In trouble! Need serious help!

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Trying to flash to 602, but every attempt to flash to any sbf fails.

Backstory:
Was still some leaked/hacked version of froyo from nearly a year ago (was working perfect for about a year, now not so good).
Wife got OTA of GB on her stock phone and it runs as smooth as butter on a hot day.
Decided it was time to let go of froyo and upgrade.
Tried to "factory reset" to see if I could OTA... still stuck with froyo
Tried to sbf to 602... failed, stuck with froyo
Tried to sbf to 2.3.32... failed
Tried to sbf to 2.3.15... failed, stuck at moto logo! :crazy:

Need some serious help! Bootloader is 30.01 and need to get my phone back to complete factory default. Hopefully rooting shortly thereafter to maintain wifi tether capabilities. That is... if the phone isn't bricked beyond repair:disappointed:

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

cory46
12-05-2011, 11:43 AM
If your bootloader is 30.01 you need to update that first. And I have no clue where those sbf files are (if they are still around even) let me look

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Bajaman
12-05-2011, 11:46 AM
After completing SBF, assumed successfully, you just need to go into factory recovery and restore factory defaults.

That should allow it to boot. Then I would run an update prior to rooting. Just saves you an extra step.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Thank you soooo much for your quick response and I look forward to what you find... if anything!

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
After completing SBF, assumed successfully, you just need to go into factory recovery and restore factory defaults.

That should allow it to boot. Then I would run an update prior to rooting. Just saves you an extra step.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Can't get a successful sbf. I'm assuming because I have to update the bootloader, but have no idea of how to go about doing so.

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 12:00 PM
If your bootloader is 30.01 you need to update that first. And I have no clue where those sbf files are (if they are still around even) let me look

I think I found the 30.04 update but have no idea how to implement the update. All the direction that exists is... "If you use the .320 or .340 file and get stuck with the 30.01 or 30.03 bootloader
Install as an update.zip in clockwork recovery"

Not sure how I go about installing as an "update.zip in clockwork recovery"?

maddog0331
12-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Just Google Droid x SBF. 340.....I'll help you with a link but I'm at work right now.....Of you can't find it send me a pm so that I can send it to you once I get off work....

cory46
12-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Go to this site http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home

Get the 2.3.15 sbf use it then update after the sbf is complete: after boot up go to system / about phone and check for an update

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Go to this site Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home)

Get the 2.3.15 sbf use it then update after the sbf is complete: after boot up go to system / about phone and check for an update

Same site I got the 2.3.15 sbf mentioned in the OP, but I went ahead and tried it again and it still fails.

cory46
12-05-2011, 12:29 PM
When it fails are you wiping data after the sbf is complete?

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 12:35 PM
When it fails are you wiping data after the sbf is complete?

RSD Lite never completes the process. Kicks "failed" error message.

cory46
12-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Did you check the md5sum

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 12:42 PM
No... and quite frankly have no idea what that even is lol. Used to be fairly tech savvy when it came to the Android platform and phone OS hacks, but duty called and I got buried under piles of work. It's funny how so much research can be rendered useless after a year or so lol. Please elaborate?

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 12:51 PM
RSD Lite status reaches 100% then Fails. Status = "Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent...."

cory46
12-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Since your on Windows use one of these to check md5 it's a checksum to make sure you got a full download http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=md5+checker&searchtype=downloads&rpp=10&filter=platform=Windows,Webware|&filterName=platform=Windows,Webware||&tag=pe-searchFacetsTile;navForm

Edit: whoops didn't refresh the page see your response. Towards bottom half of the first post there is a fix for something similar to your problem. See if your getting that popup and if so try the fix http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/22394-sbf-detailed-guide-success-windows-7-a.html

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Tried the steps in that link. Still no dice.

popcenator
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I think I found the 30.04 update but have no idea how to implement the update. All the direction that exists is... "If you use the .320 or .340 file and get stuck with the 30.01 or 30.03 bootloader
Install as an update.zip in clockwork recovery"

Not sure how I go about installing as an "update.zip in clockwork recovery"?

What you'll do is you'll download 30.04 bootloader update, rename it to update.zip, place it on the root of your SD card (not in any folder), make sure you remove any "update.zip" that may currently be on there, then you'll boot into stock recovery and hit flash update.zip or whatever the option says.

macpro88
12-05-2011, 03:36 PM
What version of RSD are you using?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 05:09 PM
what version of rsd are you using?

Sent from my droid bionic using tapatalk

rsd 4.9

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Tried to apply the update to the bootloader and that was unsuccesful as well. Tried to apply the update and get an error message in recovery that states:

"signature verification failed
Installation aborted"

Decided to give the maderstock340 update a try and get the same error message as above.

Still can't get the phone to sbf with any file either. Keeps getting to 100% then no re-enumeration.

juhde
12-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I don't know if this will fair any better but at least it's something new to try. 1KDS cooked up a bootable Linux live CD or USB drive (mostly) automated sbf method. Just download one of his files and follow the posts instructions to either burn a boot disc or make a bootable USB thumb drive with it. From what I understand once you've got the disc/thumb drive created the rest is super easy and nearly 100% successful. Check it out. www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23638

Sent from my Android device.

ManifestDestiny
12-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't know if this will fair any better but at least it's something new to try. 1KDS cooked up a bootable Linux live CD or USB drive (mostly) automated sbf method. Just download one of his files and follow the posts instructions to either burn a boot disc or make a bootable USB thumb drive with it. From what I understand once you've got the disc/thumb drive created the rest is super easy and nearly 100% successful. Check it out. www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23638 (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23638)

This absolutely 100% cured all my problems! Used the Linux bootable ISO to flash to .340 and am downloading the OTA .602 as I type. Those ISOs are AMAZING!

Thanks again everyone for all of your recommendations and suggestions. :big smile:

macpro88
12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
rsd 4.9

This might have been the issue, 4.8 usually works best, specially on windows XP. But since you got the ISO working just fine, AWESOME! Glad ya finally got it, sucks getting into these situations lol.

Either keep using the ISO when you need it, or if ya feel like doing some messing around...

-use RSD Lite 4.8 instead
-store the SBF file in the root of "C:\" drive (just drop it right in the C drive under My Computer, directory would look like: C:\[insert name of file here])
-if it fails, reboot PC and try again

RSD and XP seem to be really hit or miss, which is why I love Windows 7 ;) (I prefer Mac, but job calls for Windows :()

1KDS
12-05-2011, 09:14 PM
This absolutely 100% cured all my problems! Used the Linux bootable ISO to flash to .340 and am downloading the OTA .602 as I type. Those ISOs are AMAZING!

Thanks again everyone for all of your recommendations and suggestions. :big smile:

Glad you got it sorted out, we get someone that still runs the original leaked froyo every once on a while here

juhde
12-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Glad it worked for you, now you might want to go ahead and setup the newest sbf iso and you'll be good to go for a long long time :-) :beer: