PDA

View Full Version : Droid X running liberty v1.0 wont reboot after dead battery

jadunham007
12-01-2011, 07:50 PM
I have a droid x that is about 6 months old. i recently installed a liberty rom. the phone has also been rooted. i am kind of new to this!!. but the phone died earlier and i recharged it for a while and it wont turn back on. all it will do is give the red motorola logo, and go to a somewhat dark screen. and will do nothig else.
some please help!!!!

Nemo aeternamn
12-01-2011, 08:18 PM
have you tried clearing the cache in factory recovery or data in factory recovery???

what version of liberty did you flash??? because there wasn't a liberty v1.0... that i know of.... i believe it went from liberty .9 to liberty 3....

but since you have the read logo... your on gingerbread... so to get into factory recovery... hold power + home till you see the android dude pop up... then press both volume buttons... then use volume down to navigate to which option you want.. .then use power to select...

jadunham007
12-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks nemo!! I got it going. Another question. It has been flashed would liberty. It says v1.0. The phone has been rooted. But I still cannot wifi tether. When I try and use the barnacle wifi tether app it will give out a signal but when trying to connect with any other devices that device either can't connect or it get verizions wifi tether website. Any suggestions??

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Bkdodger
12-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks nemo!! I got it going. Another question. It has been flashed would liberty. It says v1.0. The phone has been rooted. But I still cannot wifi tether. When I try and use the barnacle wifi tether app it will give out a signal but when trying to connect with any other devices that device either can't connect or it get verizions wifi tether website. Any suggestions??

Liberty is up to version 2 ..you might want to flash it before you set up ...also you need to flash Wugs tether patch which you can find on this forum ..it will take care of the VZW website issue..

Sent from DXF bc tapa lags lately ...update me !!

Bkdodger
12-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Here's the patch

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30948
WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]

Sent from elGato's X..
thru tapatalk...

jadunham007
12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Ok. I'm really new to roms and roots. Could someone give me some directions and some on how to install the new liberty as well as how to install the tether patch.

DroidModderX
12-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Glad to see you hour it up & running.. @nemo I think he ment liberty 3 v1.0

Sent from my Droid X running Liberty 3 v2.0

jadunham007
01-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Another question when I try and tether I use open garden. When I turn it on my 3g and signal bars turn from green to white? Why is this. I feel like it tethers much better when they.stay green. Is there any way to keep them green and why will it sometimes just try to obtain the IP address forever when I try and connect to it. None of.this happens when the signal stays green Wichita is very very rare!?!?