PDA

View Full Version : ROM issues

tntlassiter
12-01-2011, 09:11 AM
I have rooted my X2 and have installed 3 ROM's...Liberty, Eclipse and Molten and each one has forced me to sbf my phone. What is the problem? Any guesses? I have rooted my phone once again but I am afraid to try another ROM...

Thanks in advance!

victimssun
12-01-2011, 09:19 AM
One thing to check is that you are on the correct system version as the rom you are installing. What's the reasoning for having to sbf, bootloop?

jwalz
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
What version are you running now ? Settings / about phone / system version and android version. ? Then what version of those Tom's did you try and flash . For instance liberty has many of different versions out.

tntlassiter
12-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I am on 2.3.4 and 1.3.380.MB870. On Liberty, my phone froze on "M Dual Core Technology" screen. On Eclipse, it kept rebooting once an hour and apps didn't work and when I did a hard reboot it stuck at the "M Dual Core Technology" screen.

victimssun
12-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Instead of sbf'ing when you get the M screen, you can pull the battery, hold volume down and power, go to Android recovery and a do a factory reset. That usually takes care of it. You also want to make sure that you're clearing dalvik cache, cache, and full factory reset before flashing a rom.

edit: I wrote this up a bit ago, it's not perfect, but could help you out if you're running into bootloops etc.
Flashing a ROM on DX2 (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-roms/39142-eclipse-rom.html#post469810)

juhde
12-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I have rooted my X2 and have installed 3 ROM's...Liberty, Eclipse and Molten and each one has forced me to sbf my phone. What is the problem? Any guesses? I have rooted my phone once again but I am afraid to try another ROM...

Thanks in advance!

If you want to, write up the process you do to flash ROMs, as detailed as possible. Then I'm sure we can point out your mistake. However without the steps you take, it sounds like you're not wiping data and cache or you're restoring system apps with titanium backup that need not be restored. Again, without a detailed write up these are only guesses.

Sent from my Android device.