PDA

View Full Version : Pong Case

mikey2487
11-30-2011, 11:13 PM
has anyone ever heard or have one of these? supposed to be a good case from the looks and it looks really sleek. just what ive been looking for because of how small it is. $50 thou is a little out of my price range for a case thou. so just looking for some feed back from anyone that has this or knows anyone that has one.

heres the link to the site
Pong Products - Droid X / X2 Cell Phone Radiation Protection Case (http://www.pongresearch.com/droidx.html)

jwalz
11-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Extremely steep price ...for that money you could buy an incipio and adinner....haven't used it before but doesn't seem to offer much protection for that amount of money

mikey2487
11-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Extremely steep price ...for that money you could buy an incipio and adinner....haven't used it before but doesn't seem to offer much protection for that amount of money

yeah that for sure. i don't want a huge case thou thats why i like it. aren't the two you mentioned bigger cases?

jwalz
11-30-2011, 11:27 PM
The incipio is pretty slim and offers decent protection and is a HECK of alot cheaper.

mikey2487
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
sweet is it pretty thin considering its two parts? may get it because its only 12.99 on their website instead of 29.99

jwalz
12-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Yeah its pretty thin.. mite get a little better price on eBay or Amazon if you look around

ryant35
12-02-2011, 11:05 AM
So the selling point for that case is that is protects you from cell phone radiation. I would think the radiation that might affect your would pass through the front of the phone into your head, so how was this case that covers the back and sides of the phone protect you from radiation?

jwalz
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Missed that.haha. yeah idk man. I would think the same radiation from the front.

sjcent
12-03-2011, 12:59 PM
The case was designed by professors at M.I.T and Harvard. Gonna go with what they think, not with what we think makes sense. It is supposed to redirect radiation, not block it. Blocking it would result in poor reception. This case redirects the signal up, almost like a chimney. Therefore redirecting the harm full radiation away from your head and body. This case is proven by the FCC to reduce exposure by 95%. I would pay a little extra for that!

Leach19m
12-03-2011, 01:20 PM
There hasn't really been proof that the radiation from a cell phone causes any kind of long term or permanent harm though. In fact, I was watching some "news" show and they said that a test had been done to show that it had zero effects....they then went on to say that the 10 year study wasn't long enough and continued to preach about the evils and danger of cell phone radiation without any scientific or medical proof.

My point being that you should not be feared into spending $50 on a case just because of its radiation reflecting capabilities.

gbrinn
12-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Sounds...odd. It doesn't look any different from the VzW case I have and I don't see anything that would channel radiation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ryant35
12-03-2011, 01:36 PM
There hasn't really been proof that the radiation from a cell phone causes any kind of long term or permanent harm though. In fact, I was watching some "news" show and they said that a test had been done to show that it had zero effects....they then went on to say that the 10 year study wasn't long enough and continued to preach about the evils and danger of cell phone radiation without any scientific or medical proof.

My point being that you should be feared into spending $50 on a case just because of its radiation reflecting capabilities.

Yeah I heard that too, I just use my bluetooth anyway. Not because of radiation but because I don't want my screen all greasy.

csk415
12-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Looks very similar to my otterbox commuter case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

mikey2487
12-03-2011, 11:11 PM
i think its a good idea that it reflects radiation but you would think that if this case is supposed to be the only case that does that. why wouldn't it be in stores anywhere? the only reason i like is because of how thin it is. i could care less if it reflects radiation or any of that nonsense i just don't like bulky case's like the otterboxes or anything like that. i don't want to carry a brick around in my pocket. i usually rock the phone naked and am super careful with it but it would be nice to have a little protection for it

@gbrinn, whats the case you got from vzw thats really thin almost like it?

ryant35
12-03-2011, 11:53 PM
i think its a good idea that it reflects radiation but you would think that if this case is supposed to be the only case that does that. why wouldn't it be in stores anywhere? the only reason i like is because of how thin it is. i could care less if it reflects radiation or any of that nonsense i just don't like bulky case's like the otterboxes or anything like that. i don't want to carry a brick around in my pocket. i usually rock the phone naked and am super careful with it but it would be nice to have a little protection for it

I found a super thin case that looked similar on ebay for less than $10 just search around.

gbrinn
12-04-2011, 08:24 AM
It's the VzW branded DX/DX2 case with holster. Very thin and lightweight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk