PDA

View Full Version : CM7 help please!

1jklange
11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi,

I have been doing the nightlies consistently but recently they haven't been working very well on my phone. Is there a way to get back to the original CM7?

Thanks

cobracon71
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
yes just find the original download to cm7 and boot into cwmr and wipe data and cache +dalvik and install

droidx2.3.3
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Original cm7? If you want an older nightly just go to cyanogen website and download the older ones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

droidx2.3.3
11-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Cobra beat me to it. Haha

1jklange
11-30-2011, 06:24 PM
yes just find the original download to cm7 and boot into cwmr and wipe data and cache +dalvik and install

Sorry should of clarified.. Getting to an older nightly without losing all my home screens and apps, etc. Does your solution get rid of all that stuff?

cobracon71
11-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Sorry should of clarified.. Getting to an older nightly without losing all my home screens and apps, etc. Does your solution get rid of all that stuff?umm yes you will have to back all that up with mybackup root free on the market

MadCutter
11-30-2011, 09:07 PM
The oldest nightly available to download is 147. All the other links are dead. http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/cm_shadow_full-147.zip You may be able to google an older one and find a different download.

chuck54
12-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Has anyone tried downloading the latest nightly? I can't get it to flash, it says something about kernel check failed but I'm on gb ......

Nemo aeternamn
12-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Has anyone tried downloading the latest nightly? I can't get it to flash, it says something about kernel check failed but I'm on gb ......

If that's the case chuck... You need to flash the one from rootzwiki... The latest is stickied in the cyanogen section

Post script: it's under updated info on rev

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

chuck54
12-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks nemo, your always saving my butt haha

Nemo aeternamn
12-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Thanks nemo, your always saving my butt haha

Haha... Your welcome...
That's what I'm here for... : D

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

jhuff7052
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
help please!
i just recently tried to install the cm 7.1 update on my droid x and being fairly new at this i might have messed thing up. when i was installing the update, when it went to reboot it never leaves the boot screen. i have no options and have no way to access anything. is there anything i can do that will make my phone work just long enough to install a backed up version?

Nemo aeternamn
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM
while i get ya a link to fix it... which version did you install?
the official one from cyanognen or the unofficial nightly?
and what was your system version before installing?

post script: take a deep breath.. relax... and here's how you fix it
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

jhuff7052
12-19-2011, 12:12 AM
while i get ya a link to fix it... which version did you install?
the official one from cyanognen or the unofficial nightly?
and what was your system version before installing?

post script: take a deep breath.. relax... and here's how you fix it
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

thanks nemo.

it was one of the latest nightly. i was running vortex rc1. the problem it think that it was is i didnt install the original cm7. and i didnt realize that it might cause problems until after i did it. i tried running your fix but i cant get into bootloader mode. so it just sits there waiting for the phone. What should i do?

Nemo aeternamn
12-19-2011, 12:29 AM
thanks nemo.

it was one of the latest nightly. i was running vortex rc1. the problem it think that it was is i didnt install the original cm7. and i didnt realize that it might cause problems until after i did it. i tried running your fix but i cant get into bootloader mode. so it just sits there waiting for the phone. What should i do?

with vortex being gingerbread... was it from the official cm7 site? if so that's built off of froyo.. and that's why it boot looped...

how are you trying to get the phone into bootloader mode?
pull the batter... put the battery back in... press and hold.. both power buttons +camera +power... for few seconds... then the screen will flash... then let go
how was your battery before this happened?

savagerun
12-19-2011, 12:31 AM
There's a video in that link to show you how but anyway to get in bootloader mode pull battery and put back in then press the camera button first then volume down button then last the power button and hold in all three buttons and the screen will flash very quick. Then release the power button then the other buttons also and this should get you in bootloader.

Ninja'd...

jhuff7052
12-19-2011, 12:52 AM
with vortex being gingerbread... was it from the official cm7 site? if so that's built off of froyo.. and that's why it boot looped...

how are you trying to get the phone into bootloader mode?
pull the batter... put the battery back in... press and hold.. both power buttons +camera +power... for few seconds... then the screen will flash... then let go
how was your battery before this happened?

thats a slight problem that i might have to just wait on. my battery is dead and and it is saying that the battery is too low to configure. however i just figured out a way to keep it on the charger without it constantly trying to boot (equally draining the battery as fast as it can charge). hopefully that works. im just going to give it a few more minutes. thanks again for your help

Nemo aeternamn
12-19-2011, 01:04 AM
your welcome...