PDA

View Full Version : Best rom?

redman722
11-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Quite simple. In your opinion, what is the best, most stable, best battery life rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ChoKeChaiN
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
So far from what I know and have tried: Liberty X3

jdcmusicman
11-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Vortex rc1 for me. Have had no issues with this rom..the x should have come out of the box with this on it IMO...

Running Vortex RC1

savagerun
11-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Can't go wrong with vortex http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/vortex/39892-rom-vortex-rc1.html and im really liking the newest version of liberty http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10655-rom-liberty3-v20-for-the-droid-x-1128-sunday-bloody-sunday/ either one IMO.

ac99
11-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Can't go wrong with vortex http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/vortex/39892-rom-vortex-rc1.html and im really liking the newest version of liberty [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid X 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday! - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10655-rom-liberty3-v20-for-the-droid-x-1128-sunday-bloody-sunday/) either one IMO.

Is this 2nt int?

savagerun
11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Is this 2nt int?

No it's not.

frederico265
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I've been asking the same question. I've been running liberty 3 1.0. I just flashed liberty 3 2.0 yesterday and so far so good.

Bkdodger
11-30-2011, 07:51 PM
My vote Vortex by a hair ..enjoying new Liberty now ...top two dogs on pound ...haha

Sent from elGato's X..
thru tapatalk...

redman722
12-01-2011, 08:08 AM
I've flashed miui and its realty nice, so far! My next question is if and when I do want to flash vortex or liberty, do I have to sbf or just wipe data/cash like I did miui?

kushasaurus
12-01-2011, 08:20 AM
I just wiped to install vortex, dunno about liberty. ran vortex after miui and switched back, but give liquid a try if you still want the visual appeal of miui with a bit better battery

redman722
12-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Wich version of liquid? What's the name/ file called?

kushasaurus
12-03-2011, 08:44 AM
3.2, under the rom section of the gingerbread forums. the only issue I had with it was flashing zips through cwm and getting them to stick. still dunno if jakebites will work with it

DDKenney70
12-06-2011, 02:43 AM
I am a noob to this and I have tried all the Rome out there for my .605 GB . I love Liquid Smooth 3.2 no issues what so ever. I've been running on this rom for a month now.

billy3673
12-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Liquid v3.2 is pretty amazing and very customizable..

http://img.tapatalk.com/aefdd572-dac2-fcca.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefdd572-dae7-8352.jpg
Blue bionic theme.. All the alienware is custom by me but the liquid rom is really nice..

Quinlan
12-06-2011, 06:36 AM
SSX 2.2 is my daily driver. Not the best battery, but super stable.

*customized tapatalk signature*

polarbehr
12-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Darkslide X

michaelhollywood
12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I am a noob to this and I have tried all the Rome out there for my .605 GB . I love Liquid Smooth 3.2 no issues what so ever. I've been running on this rom for a month now.

What baseband do you have? I have tried 3.2 and had nothing but problems with the radio. Wifi starts, stops. 3G starts, stops. Bluetooth starts, stops. ETC.

milski65
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
What baseband do you have? I have tried 3.2 and had nothing but problems with the radio. Wifi starts, stops. 3G starts, stops. Bluetooth starts, stops. ETC.

I saw this earlier and almost croaked. 3.2 is an awesome rom, but it just kicked the crude out of my X. Everything borked on it. I figured DDkenny was one lucky person.

icewall
12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
For battery life I would award miui 1.11.9 based on ics framework. I could easily go 2 days with it on my x.

as for performance I think any of the good roms work about the same for me, cyanogen 7.1 or liberty I think are the ones I remember the best (most recent previous roms)

both CM and liberty seemed very stable.

I personally use miui 1.11.9 ics and then put a different launcher over it (launcher pro right now)... only a couple small problems but the battery life is just so SICK that I'm sticking with it. the three things that I wish worked better is not all toggles work, such as clicking the 2g/3g toggle seems to make data go bonkers and crash over and over and over and... you get the point. next is volume cant be changed while at the home screen... ODD, then lastly holding home for multi-tasking has a delay to it.

still considering it's ICS, very fast, and incredible battery life... I think it's ok that it's rough around the edges and seeing as it must have been built from the ground up with ICS it is worth trying out.

DDKenney70
12-08-2011, 04:23 AM
My baseband that I'm running is BP_C_01.09.13P . I have found one problem and that is when I want to take a video when I hit record, it records blurry. The battery life could be a little better but with the flexibility and customization I get with Liquid 3.2 , its a small sacrifice. Oh and I wish the battery indicator was in 1% increments

redman722
12-10-2011, 08:30 PM
For battery life I would award miui 1.11.9 based on ics framework. I could easily go 2 days with it on my x.

as for performance I think any of the good roms work about the same for me, cyanogen 7.1 or liberty I think are the ones I remember the best (most recent previous roms)

both CM and liberty seemed very stable.

I personally use miui 1.11.9 ics and then put a different launcher over it (launcher pro right now)... only a couple small problems but the battery life is just so SICK that I'm sticking with it. the three things that I wish worked better is not all toggles work, such as clicking the 2g/3g toggle seems to make data go bonkers and crash over and over and over and... you get the point. next is volume cant be changed while at the home screen... ODD, then lastly holding home for multi-tasking has a delay to it.

still considering it's ICS, very fast, and incredible battery life... I think it's ok that it's rough around the edges and seeing as it must have been built from the ground up with ICS it is worth trying out.

How do you do launcher pro?

billy3673
12-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Running into propmodder and camera issues on liquid3.2...
I use wifi tether for atleast 3 hours ever day and love to have custom themes and icons.. Dont care about battery only performance.. Anyone wanna reccomend me a rom?

DroidXFanatic
12-13-2011, 01:31 AM
I can't stop raving and saying enough good things about VorteX Rom RC1. This is the only rom I have tried where everything works flawlessly and battery life is amazing. Im using the Conservative governor and its very good on performance and I get minimum 11 hours on very heavy usage. Highly recommended...

Sent from my DROIDX running VorteX using Droid X Forums App

billy3673
12-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Its downloading right now. I'm currently on Liquid3.2 can i install with Rom manager and wipe the cache and all that or do i have to go back to my gb backup then install?

billy3673
12-13-2011, 02:02 AM
huh?

DroidXFanatic
12-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Its downloading right now. I'm currently on Liquid3.2 can i install with Rom manager and wipe the cache and all that or do i have to go back to my gb backup then install?

Which Rom? If your installing Vortex as long as your on a Gingerbread based rom .602 or. 605 you should be okay just wiping all the goodies. You can always install from your backup to be on the safe side.

billy3673
12-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Kk ill give it a shot! Thanks man ill report back when its done and i restore my backups

polarbehr
12-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Running into propmodder and camera issues on liquid3.2...
I use wifi tether for atleast 3 hours ever day and love to have custom themes and icons.. Dont care about battery only performance.. Anyone wanna reccomend me a rom?

Darkslide

billy3673
12-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Tried to wipe data and load zip.. my phone freaked.. backups wont work and I'm stuck on liquid... backups say md5? Mismatch and vortexrc1zl.zip says E: cannot open sdcard/vortexrc1zip (bad)So what nqwow....

Wicholas
12-15-2011, 02:06 AM
How do you do launcher pro?

You just install it like any other ROM.

DroidXFanatic
12-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Tried to wipe data and load zip.. my phone freaked.. backups wont work and I'm stuck on liquid... backups say md5? Mismatch and vortexrc1zl.zip says E: cannot open sdcard/vortexrc1zip (bad)So what nqwow....

I would do a sbf back to .602 gingerbread then root then install vortex rc1 with droid bootstrapper. Just make sure to back up your apps and then back up your contacts with google servers since vortex doesn't have VZ back up assistance. That's what I would do for a clean install....

billy3673
12-15-2011, 03:52 AM
(Fixes crm open update package stall and possibly md5 mismatches)Found an amazing way to fix any backups or sd errors... just plug in your phone then mount it.. open my computer.. right click your sd card then under one of the taps click fix errors.. check both boxes and wait! Then I installed rom and I love it! The ui is gorgeous just wish there was more customization ..

DroidXFanatic
12-15-2011, 01:31 PM
(Fixes crm open update package stall and possibly md5 mismatches)Found an amazing way to fix any backups or sd errors... just plug in your phone then mount it.. open my computer.. right click your sd card then under one of the taps click fix errors.. check both boxes and wait! Then I installed rom and I love it! The ui is gorgeous just wish there was more customization ..

Awesome good to hear you figured it out and got it running! Not sure if you know about the droid junk modifications for VorteX. Let's you change status bar clock color, size, date color, and a text heading in your notifications pull down. Its a simple flash of a zip file. Makes this rom more cool

http://vortexrom.devortex.com/2011/11/24/droidjunk-mods/

billy3673
12-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Just what i needed! Thanks so much.. Battery life is unreal!

billy3673
12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Any other cool mods?

DroidXFanatic
12-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Any other cool mods?

Cool no problem, you probably already saw you can change battery icons in the vortex toolbox just have to upgrade the tool box and rom manager in market to work. There's also different themes for VorteX you can easily flash as well....

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-themes/

billy3673
12-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Very cool thanks! I live out where internet is unavailable however i live very close to a Verizon tower so of course i Use wifi tether for up to 3 xbox360s at once is there any type of 3g hack or prop mod that can increase spped? loved those options in liquid... Thanks

The persuader
12-17-2011, 07:36 PM
The Best ROM's on this Forum...

Its easy...All of Them...Just follow the direction to the Tee...the rewards are Priceless with satisfaction...

All the Dev's do a Awesome Job...Its just a Perference to which ROM you like...

Chow
Its Bubba

Very cool thanks! I live out where internet is unavailable however i live very close to a Verizon tower so of course i Use wifi tether for up to 3 xbox360s at once is there any type of 3g hack or prop mod that can increase spped? loved those options in liquid... Thanks