PDA

View Full Version : Best way to update to GB with old Miui build

dezlez
11-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, strange question for you. I'm on an old miui 1.8.19 build that is obviously running over froyo. I've loved the rom so far, but i'm sick of the crappy bat life and i'm now getting a bunch of force closes. So I want to update to a newer miui that runs on GB, but here in lies my problem. I don't have computer access for about a week so I was wondering if any of you tech savy guys know a way to accomplish getting to a rooted GB and then installing miui or any or other roms over it for that matter with no Comp. Any input would be appreciated! Thank you!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fnmetal
11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
You can use the aio gb installer from the tbh app, then flash gb miui, or any other gb rom. Of course an sbf would be ideal, so use at your own risk..

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/hacking-help/38993-tbh-all-one-602-a.html

P.S. have you tried anything to remedy your problems on your current rom, clear caches, fix permissions?

dezlez
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
No I haven't tried to remedy the rom that way, but I'd still like to work off a GB build just for the battery life. I just got the tbh app, has anyone tried this method with success?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums