PDA

View Full Version : Shuji 3.0 coming soon

cw0974
11-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Hey guys, not sure if this was already posted, but mobile sensei's twitter says that
shuji 3.0 for the DX is coming soon with ICS influences. I'm pretty excited.

I'm currently on miui with ics framework, but i want to see how shuji 3.0 will work out.

The persuader
11-29-2011, 05:10 AM
Is Shuji a 2nd-init ROM? Not that it matters...Maybe to see if an SBF needs to happen

Currently on Miui 1.11.9 with absolutely no issues that most are having...For me away.

IMO...I would compare M 1.11.9 to Apex RC4...No performace issues at all. Did have FC on the first Flash but got rid of issues thru Titatium...

Its Bubba

Hey guys, not sure if this was already posted, but mobile sensei's twitter says that
shuji 3.0 for the DX is coming soon with ICS influences. I'm pretty excited.

I'm currently on miui with ics framework, but i want to see how shuji 3.0 will work out.

savagerun
11-29-2011, 06:37 AM
No Bubba shuji is not 2nd init.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cw0974
11-29-2011, 10:19 AM
yea, shuji isn't a second init. i'm also on miui 11.9 but i'm just starting to see some issues. My market and living social apps force closes. not sure why it's doing that. how did you fix fc issues with tibu?

scottbrookins
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
SHUJI 3.0?!?!?!??! Oh Please! Oh Please! Oh Please!............... Sorry got a little drool there! I've tried every ROM I can find. Found them all lacking in one area or another but tantalizingly close to being wonderful. Shuji 2.5 was the closest. I can't wait to get my hands on 3.0!

The persuader
12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
yea, shuji isn't a second init. i'm also on miui 11.9 but i'm just starting to see some issues. My market and living social apps force closes. not sure why it's doing that. how did you fix fc issues with tibu?

By chance did you restore any Miui backup ROM's prior to 1.7?

SBF'd/Factory Reset prior to flashing?

Cleaned most of my FC's thru Titatium checking each Apps that may have issues and deleted... then rebooted...

Its Bubba :)
Sent from my Droid X

Blacksantron
12-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Nice... Very excited.

popcenator
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Nice, Shuji was a good ROM for sure

on the move..

cclauss777
12-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Cannot wait! :D

cw0974
12-02-2011, 07:03 PM
By chance did you restore any Miui backup ROM's prior to 1.7?

SBF'd/Factory Reset prior to flashing?

Cleaned most of my FC's thru Titatium checking each Apps that may have issues and deleted... then rebooted...

Its Bubba :)
Sent from my Droid X

​ah. this might be my problem. i think my tibu backup is from shuji. i should go through them or just wait til 3.0 comes out and run 3.0 with my tibu back up. thanks.

The persuader
12-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, review your Apps...

Just me...I always do a Manual install and Review All my Apps...Some Apps don't work well with some ROM's then the Force Closes begin...After your Screen your Apps and everything is clean then you can Let Titatium Install for you...

Good Luck...Sounds like you have a handle on it..

Its Bubba
​ah. this might be my problem. i think my tibu backup is from shuji. i should go through them or just wait til 3.0 comes out and run 3.0 with my tibu back up. thanks.

mhans311
12-04-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm excited for the new Shuji. It was a good rom while I was on it. Am now on apex but will be giving shuji 3 a try when it is out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ufish2
12-17-2011, 06:41 AM
K love 2.5....best X rom ever...great battery..runs smooth...just needs sone ICS goodness to round it out, hope 3.0 does this for us....before xmas...yea ;-)

Whatuseekisfire
12-20-2011, 08:37 PM
when?

droidxuser7
12-26-2011, 07:01 PM
when?

Never.

See this Tweet from Mobile Sensei: "Those of you who are beta Testing Shuji 3.0 & got the final build yesterday: Enjoy it, because (cont) http://tl.gd/eujlmt (http://t.co/R8uViqbS)"

This is pretty sad, the guy's a great developer and made a solid ROM. This just shows how little being impatient tends to help anything.

Hawkeye
12-26-2011, 08:07 PM
This is a big loss for us.

Scram
12-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Frankly, im so tired of impatient, ungrateful, snot nosed, one click brats that want everything easy and want it yesterday... you make me sick and wreck it for not only other dx users but obviously also the devs ... thanks so much...

Sent from my liberated DX

DBH_Nick
12-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Frankly, im so tired of impatient, ungrateful, snot nosed, one click brats that want everything easy and want it yesterday... you make me sick and wreck it for not only other dx users but obviously also the devs ... thanks so much...

+1

Sent from my everchanging DROIDX

BHuber09
12-27-2011, 02:35 PM

Even though I'm normally against rants and downing others, this one I'm for. If people would be patient I'm sure we would have an absolutely amazing rom out right now.
So people learn some patients, do it for us.

FreeMyMoto!!!

ksanderson381
12-28-2011, 10:03 AM
I agree. This really sucks because I was really looking forward to this rom. I have been running Shuji 2.2 for a couple months and love it. I really wanted the 3.0. Damn stupid people for ruining a good thing.

BHuber09
12-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I agree. This really sucks because I was really looking forward to this rom. I have been running Shuji 2.2 for a couple months and love it. I really wanted the 3.0. Damn stupid people for ruining a good thing.

I agree. A few people ruined a great thing for all of us. Maybe they will learn though, hopefully it won't happen again

FreeMyMoto!!!

ksanderson381
12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
I know. I finally found a rom I really like. Now I have to start searchin for something new.

BHuber09
12-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Maybe.. if we all tweet to Mobile_Sensei saying how much we love shuji then he will release it.
But I mean I'm talking about a hundred saying it. Haha Id really enjoy having it

FreeMyMoto!!!

ksanderson381
12-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Yea. The only other rom I have found that I like is MIUI and that one has issues that I dont like. I didnt like that on because when I would text pics the reciever never got the pic as a full screen picture. I really like the Shuji rom because I get awesome battery life and it just seems to work the best for me. Does anyone have any ideas on a rom similar to Shuji 2.2?

cory46
12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Maybe.. if we all tweet to Mobile_Sensei saying how much we love shuji then he will release it.
But I mean I'm talking about a hundred saying it. Haha Id really enjoy having it

FreeMyMoto!!!

If he is already bothered by people asking for it wouldn't this be kind of the same from his perspective?

BHuber09
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
If he is already bothered by people asking for it wouldn't this be kind of the same from his perspective?

Yeah I guess that's true. He probably doesnt want to hear any more about it. Oh well I doubt people will ask for eta's now.

Well if you want a rom that's closest to shuji performance is zombiestomped. Its a way old rom that was based off a gingerbread leak haha. But appearance wise apex, but it doesn't have any ics icons.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Carpetman
12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Maybe not tweet and fill his pages like that but why not everyone that would like to have it just post it here. I'm sure he still sees the forums. Just saying.

kennyfool
12-28-2011, 12:56 PM
I was super stoked for Shuji 3.0 and when I heard that he had surgery and would be delaying it, I got saddened but never did I tweet him for an ETA. Instead I wished him better health and now due to some inconsiderate morons, nobody gets the blessing of such a great ROM. Sigh.... Good luck to Mobile Sensei!

spodoc
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Some people are just sensitive so a few negative comments can really ruin their desire to contribute to the community. Look at what happened with p3 and the Samsung folks. I know it happened to me here where someone said something and I just clicked and lost the desire to spend my valuable time helping others. I'm kinda over it now and feel like posting again. My point it he might have simply got his feelings hurt when he put his personal stuff put out there and a few folks acted like they didn't care. Give him time.

cocoadog
12-28-2011, 04:03 PM
lol who cares ice cream sandwich rocks.

cw0974
12-28-2011, 04:10 PM
well mobile sensei and other devs release great roms for us to use for free and i can see why he got annoyed by people constantly asking him. I was waiting patiently for 3.0 but it sucks that we won't see the light of that.

spodoc
12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Most folks who spend a lot of time on the android community do it to contribute. To some degree you like to feel as if the people you help appreciate it and then that, in many cases leads to a feeling that those folks in turn care about you. So when you throw out there that you have a personal injury and you get replies requesting ETAs then it can't feel good. Look at kejar, everyone following him knew he was getting married yet he still got hammered with liberty and gummy eta inquiries.

Just think how you might have felt on dxf when you were helping someone in a thread and then had to go back to work or eat dinner with your family. The OP then starts flying off the handle because you didn't quickly reply to their questions about their soft brick. It makes you just want to say eff it and figure it out on your own.

Well, here's to hoping the leaders in the community can focus on the many many users who are silently thankful for their hard work. That includes forum participants as well.

BHuber09
12-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Well put, very very well put

FreeMyMoto!!!

Carpetman
12-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Yes' what spodoc said.

Talon66721
12-29-2011, 08:04 AM
+1 to Spodoc!

Newber
12-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Look, I get it... It must be annoying to be asked repeatedly the same question, but the "developer community " has absolutely something to gain by having their material utilized by us normal schlubs. So I get a little annoyed when one goes all drama queen and makes a scene over being annoyed. Hey if you don't want eta harassment, stop announcing your "coming soon" but don't get your panties in a bunch cause us normal people don't know your sensitivity level. And certainly don't act as if all of your efforts are simply from the goodness of your heart... Give me a break.

Just my 2 pennies. I know I'm gonna get flamed (maybe even incur an infraction for complaining in public) but it erks me and I contribute to this forum financially so I believe I have the right. If MS were doing things my way, he'd release 3.0 when he felt like it was ready and ignore all the dumb butts (which I may be one of them in his opinion) who annoy him.

Rant over

Still sent from a bad**a DroidX

BHuber09
12-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Really I see both sides of it.
Hoever I lean more to the side of his because he was in had/has a serious problem and was in the hospital having surgery. He will be recovering for a long long time.
That's the reason I'm with him.
If I was a thing where he said it's coming soon and then again and again and again, yes I would be a little unhappy but I would tell myself he's only making it better.
I can see both sides but that's how I think about it

FreeMyMoto!!!

Scooby7274
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
:cry:This really suks.I really liked this rom.

ripncny
12-31-2011, 03:00 PM
One bad apple has spoiled it for the rest of us. I don't blame mobilesensei for getting pissed off, but hope he reconsiders for most of the community that is patient and appreciates his and all the other devs' work. If you want to be an a..hole keep blur and ***** to verizon. Will the devs now require a personality test before download? Don't let the tail wag the dog.....Happy New Year!