PDA

View Full Version : Droid X2 ROM installing trouble

notTHEsmartest
11-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I have a rooted Droid X2 and I have been trying to install a ROM on it. Specifically the Liberty ROM...but I don't know how. You are my last hope. I need specific step by step instructions.

Tsmith1296
11-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Hello all. I am having trouble too. When I download liberty Tom on my computer it automatically opens file and shows two files. I don't have just a zip file to drag to my SD card. It opens file and shows medi file and shows system file. I moved both them to my SD. I am using rom manager but when I search for roms on SD nothing shows up. Sorry if I sound stupid this is my first rom install. Any help is greatly appreciated

juhde
11-27-2011, 07:49 PM
If you have access to wifi it is much easier to download ROMs directly to your phone. Most forum apps (tapatalk based like droid forums, droidx forums, xda, etc) allow clickable download links. Also a good browser has download options (opera, dolphin hd).

Sooooo begin by downloading the ROM directly to your phone. Then move the zip file from /sdcard/download to the root directory of your external sdcard. If you are completely stock this should be /sdcard-ext (most ROMs have the external card mounted as /sdcard, so remember this for later, after you've flashed a ROM. The internal storage will be mounted to /sdcard-ext, basically flipped.)

One thing, it's best to flash a ROM with a full battery, you can do it with a partial charge but it's much better to do it after a complete charge, it saves having to recalibrate the battery.

After you've moved the zip file to the root directory of your external sdcard, you'll need to reboot into custom recovery. This is done with the app called system recovery, you'll have to download tenfars x2 bootstrap recovery from a forum and install it. Then launch system recovery, tap install recovery, plug the phone into a WALL OUTLET, then tap reboot recovery.

Once in custom recovery you'll want to make a back up. Using the volume buttons to move the selection and the power button to choose it, do so now. Once the back up is finished you'll need to wipe data, wipe cache, and under advanced, wipe dalvik cache. Then choose install rom from zip, choose file from sdcard, scroll down to the ROM zip file and choose it, then confirm. Then ROM will now install, once finished choose reboot and unplug the device. The first boot takes a few minutes, re-setup your phone and re install your apps. You're done.

If you don't like the ROM, simply boot back into custom recovery and restore the backup you made in the beginning, it will be like nothing happened.

Sent from my Android device.

adamwhitehead
11-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Very nice write up^

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

notTHEsmartest
11-27-2011, 11:24 PM
I cannot thank u enough. You are awesome

Sent from my newly liberated droid x2

juhde
11-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Any time, always happy to help.

Sent from my Android device.

Tsmith1296
11-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Yes I am thankful also. I can now say I'm rooted and.running liberty and it is so sweet. Thank so much

adamwhitehead
11-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Juhde is a beast