PDA

View Full Version : Issue with constant rebooting across multiple roms.

Talon66721
11-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Hello, in the last few days I've flashed Liquid Smooth 3.2, Vortex RC1, and SSX 2.2. I have had constant rebooting throughout all of them. It's lasted as long as 45 minutes at times before I'm able to get in enough to get to clockwork to wipe and start over. I've been racking my poor little brain trying to figure out how to fix it or what's causing it. I'm about to sbf back to Froyo, to see if it does it on there. My question is, is my phone toast and what could be causing this? It'll work fine for a few hours and then it will just start rebooting. I've also been getting a lot of force closes on the system, too, if that tells us anything? When it starts doing it's reboot thing, everything is constantly force closing and my phone is completely unusable. I really need to get an answer on how to fix this because I just moved to a new state, haven't found a job yet, and haven't got the money to drop on a new phone right now. So, if there is anyway we can fix this one, that's what I need. Thanks in advance everyone! I really need you more than ever now.

DroidModderX
11-25-2011, 11:31 AM
try sbfing back to stock and let us know where that gets you.. Also it could be a faulty battery as well if you have a spare to throw in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Talon66721
11-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks, Modder, I'll give it a try and go grab one of my spare batteries. I already put it up to .602 with the two part zip. You think that will be ok? Thanks again.

cobracon71
11-25-2011, 12:24 PM
I think thats was ur problem sometimes a fresh sbf if a fix for all

Talon66721
11-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I think thats was ur problem sometimes a fresh sbf if a fix for all

I thought so, too. However, I've done probably half a dozen sbf's in that time as well. It often leaves some sort of trace of the previous setup after an sbf, I've noticed. Whether it be wallpaper or some small setting. Odd, huh? Thanks for the input, I appreciate it all!

Talon66721
11-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Well, update for anyone curious. It's been almost a full day without any random rebooting. I came from another fresh sbf, with multiple wipes. Left it alone for a few hours before I restored apps with tibu. Finally restored them, still no issues. The only thing different this time around was I didn't reinstall Skyvi, an app that's supposed to be like a beta Siri, that I had recently put on. I'm going to guess that's what was causing it, because I'm on Vortex now, did a couple of intentional reboots, which is what usually started the constant rebooting. So I think that was the culprit, head's up people. Thanks for the help!

cobracon71
11-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Well, update for anyone curious. It's been almost a full day without any random rebooting. I came from another fresh sbf, with multiple wipes. Left it alone for a few hours before I restored apps with tibu. Finally restored them, still no issues. The only thing different this time around was I didn't reinstall Skyvi, an app that's supposed to be like a beta Siri, that I had recently put on. I'm going to guess that's what was causing it, because I'm on Vortex now, did a couple of intentional reboots, which is what usually started the constant rebooting. So I think that was the culprit, head's up people. Thanks for the help!try iris works well with droid same as siri

cory46
11-26-2011, 12:09 PM
I thought so, too. However, I've done probably half a dozen sbf's in that time as well. It often leaves some sort of trace of the previous setup after an sbf, I've noticed. Whether it be wallpaper or some small setting. Odd, huh? Thanks for the input, I appreciate it all!

You weren't doing the sbf correctly if things were left over from previous versions. You should be wiping data after the sbf is complete then boot up. Sbf will completely wipe EVERYTHING if done correctly with exception for the Linux version doesn't wipe the radio

Iris is more of a gag app these are closest to what siri does if you're not using voice actions by Google or vlingo

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.aliftek.personal_assistant_lite

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.speaktoit.assistant

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Talon66721
11-26-2011, 05:40 PM
try iris works well with droid same as siri

Thanks, I really just tried Skyvi because I saw a post about it on the forums here and was curious about it. No loss, I wasn't overly impressed by it anyway. Appreciate the lead on Iris, I'll give it a go when I get some time.

Talon66721
11-26-2011, 05:44 PM
You weren't doing the sbf correctly if things were left over from previous versions. You should be wiping data after the sbf is complete then boot up. Sbf will completely wipe EVERYTHING if done correctly with exception for the Linux version doesn't wipe the radio

Iris is more of a gag app these are closest to what siri does if you're not using voice actions by Google or vlingo

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.aliftek.personal_assistant_lite

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.speaktoit.assistant

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Hey Cory, I'll look into that, too. Question for you on the wipes. I usually do a few wipes before I sbf, do I need to do them after as well? Before I flash a new rom I always do as well. I thought sometimes, depending on the rom, it might look on the sd card for the wallpaper. Is that not right either? Sorry, I have been doing this too long to be asking new kid questions like this, but apparently I got some misleading info somewhere along the way. I'd be grateful if you'd set me straight on this.
-Cameron