PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 4.5.605 Wireless Tether

sawtooth500
11-24-2011, 05:40 PM
DX - I've got rooted 4.5.605 on verizon.

Can't get wireless tether.

Barnacle no longer works on 4.5.605 - I keep getting that DHCP port message, can't find a way around it.

Every other wireless tether app out there goes to that verizon screen that says I gotta pay for it.

I've tried getting the wireless tether beta - haven't been able to find version 7 of it but version 6 still shows that nasty verizon tethering message.

Wired tether works though, but I want wireless.

I know that there are a lot of threads on this, and I've searched and searched by none of those threads have been able to give me a good solution, so asking for ideas here.

BHuber09
11-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Flash this (ill post a link in a second)
It'll delete the files.

FreeMyMoto!!!

BHuber09
11-24-2011, 05:45 PM
flash this in clockwork and it'll delete the files that keep taking you to the Verizon website.
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html

FreeMyMoto!!!

sawtooth500
11-25-2011, 08:33 PM
THanks for the link - I got bootstrap but when I boot into bootstrap recovery I just see a totally black screen - backlit but black - no option for install zip from sdcard - any ideas?

HarleyDude
11-25-2011, 08:34 PM
If you're using DX Bootstrapper, you'll need to disable (uncheck) USB debugging, or just use D2 bootstrapper

jcarmen
11-25-2011, 08:36 PM
When you get to the blank back lit screen, hit the power button once. Should bring up the menu.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

sawtooth500
11-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks, turning off USB debugging did the trick. I wish bootstrapped mentioned that somewhere!

sawtooth500
11-26-2011, 01:05 AM
WIFI tether is now working, proud to say!

HarleyDude
11-26-2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks, turning off USB debugging did the trick. I wish bootstrapped mentioned that somewhere!

WIFI tether is now working, proud to say!

Good to hear, thanks for updating us. The need to turn off debugging only came about with the release of GB, it was the new OS that forced the change, not the DX bootstrapper itself.

WTSLDROIDX213
11-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Is the hotspot WiFi tethering suppose to work/accessible w/ out the warnings to contact VRZ(Verizon) if you want hotspot even if the phone is not rooted?? I rooted my bro Droid X on .605 and compare it to my sis NON-rooted Droid X also on .605 both have access to the hotspot....I thought you can't access it if you are not rooted....so if the hotspot is working on nonrooted Droid X does that mean VRZ will charge a pro-rated fee for what's used??

Sent from my T-BOLTZ

WTSLDROIDX213
11-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Is the hotspot WiFi tethering suppose to work/accessible w/ out the warnings to contact VRZ(Verizon) if you want hotspot even if the phone is not rooted?? I rooted my bro Droid X on .605 and compare it to my sis NON-rooted Droid X also on .605 both have access to the hotspot....I thought you can't access it if you are not rooted....so if the hotspot is working on nonrooted Droid X does that mean VRZ will charge a pro-rated fee for what's used??

Sent from my T-BOLTZ

Hello......is this thread still alive??? Anyone care to give an input/feedback to my question about the hotspot......

Sent from my T-BOLTZ

sawtooth500
11-29-2011, 11:32 PM
You can turn on the hotspot with or without root. Problem is, if you just turn on the hotspot, unless you are paying verizon their tethering tax, you're just gonna be redirected to that verizon tethering warning page.

If you want to get that page turned off, you need to flash the custom ROM mentioned earlier in this thread. In order to flash that ROM, you must be rooted. So that's why you need root.